Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 216 total)
  • Phenix 2
    Participant

the program is not perfect!

especially  because i don’t have superior drummer 3 🙂

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Olof

but i am not following this thread anymore and i receive replies

Do you have an “UNSUBSCRIBE” button in the upper right corner of the page? If so, click it to stop receiving notifications for this thread.

Also, when you write a reply, you have a checkbox “NOTIFY ME OF FOLLOW-UP REPLIES VIA EMAIL.”

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Chalupa67
    Participant

If there is an EZ Drummer upgrade , then there should also be a SD upgrade .

Thanked by: Brian Clifford
    Phenix 2
    Participant

i think something does  not work

i have  the “SUBSCRIBE” button to do that   if i wanted to

but i am not following this thread and i receive the replies

and when i see  that i have one reply, it said “No topics were found.”

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Phenix 2.
    Gary Stephens
    Participant

I just clicked “unsubscribe” and I am not checking the checkbox to be notified of replies.

We will see if I no longer get replies.

Music is the universal language! Let's communicate!

Phenix 2
    Participant

2 replies everyday

one for here

one to say “No topics were found.”

Gary Stephens
    Participant

I clicked unsubscribe and I did not check the box to be notified of replies, and I have not received any more emails from this thread.

Gary Stephens
    Participant

I have to admit I have never before owned any software that would not allow me to upgrade from the previous version. Every software I’ve ever had allowed an upgrade path from the previous version, especially if the new version is “backward compatible” with the old version. One example I can think of is Windows. You can always upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but there is no upgrade path from Windows 95 to Windows 7 or Windows 10.

I also have to admit that if I had not seen the upgrade emails before the upgrade expired I probably would not continue with TT software. I would most likely be looking for new drum software. I would probably be just as pissed as the other customers who missed the deadline. The more I think about it the more I realize how badly this approach sucks.

Phenix 2
    Participant

i am seeing “subscribe ” so it’s good but in fact, no it does not work

Olof

Are you really getting notification emails, or do you mean that this thread appears for you on the New Replies page? The latter can’t be avoided, I’m afraid.

The “No topics were found” that you mentioned earlier, is that shown directly on the New Replies page? Or does it say “No topics were found” when you click on a thread link on the New Replies page? If so, what’s the text and URL for that link?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Christian
    Participant

Oh hey, looks like I’m another one who just learned about the upgrade expiration.

I didn’t receive any emails, unfortunately.  The last email I received was in 2017, then they stopped.

Looks like I’m left in the lurches with the rest of you.  I would happily upgrade if I could, but I’m not buying a full suite again…I’ve been down this road.  This is why I bailed on Waves.

Todd Smith
    Participant

Ok… at the risk of beating a dead horse… I bought Superior Drummer 2.0 roughly 7 years ago for $300 USD. I own 80% of the EZX expansions as well as EZ Drummer 2.0. I have EZ Mix and 80% of those expansions. I own EZ Keys and several of those expansions. However… I don’t ever recall getting an e-mail that stated “hey, Todd!… if you don’t pay $199 to upgrade your Superior Drum 2.0 to 3.0… you’ll never be able to get this “great deal” again”.

First off… 3.0 is great, but not $199 greater than 2.0. I wasn’t in a financial position to pay for what I felt was an unreasonable amount for an upgrade when the “great deal” came out. So I held off. Now I’m interested in seeing if I can still upgrade, but it appears that I can’t. At the end of the day… I payed $300 USD for Superior 2.0 7-ish years ago. Your “great deal” (which is no longer available) was costing me another $200 USD. Which means at the end of the day… I would have payed $500 USD for something I could buy currently (without ownership of any of your products) for $400 USD. Scratching my head here…

This was why so many of us held off. This is not right, and I’m very upset. I’ve turned more people on to your products than I can shake a stick at, and I feel a bit mistreated as a long time customer.

• This post was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Todd Smith.

Mark Anders
    Participant

I too am really angry about this. I own both EZDrummer and Superior Drummer 3 along with a number of EZX and Superior Expansions. I did receive the emails regarding upgrading but at the time, I had a family illness that I was focused on and was not playing any music at all. I did think at the time, though, that the way the emails were written were just incredibly rude and showed a complete disregard for their customers.  Why upgrade NOW?

The Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade will be discontinued since Superior Drummer 2 no longer is supported, updated or available for purchase (which in effect means it will become obsolete and cease to work on numerous platforms at some point in time).

WTF? Give us your money NOW because we’ve stopped supporting the product that you paid hundreds of dollars for and it’s going to break? I can’t think of another software company – or any company – that treats it’s paying customers so badly. It would have been better to never offer the upgrade than to make it time limited, especially when you continue to offer a discount to non-paying “customers”.

I also own EZDrummer 1 and was excited about the upgrade to 2. However, at the time, I wasn’t sure whether to invest in upgrading it or waiting for the SD 3 upgrade to see what features it had. Of course, they discontinued the upgrade for that in Dec 2015 and didn’t upgrade SD until 2017.

Like others, I may purchase again if there’s ever a sale. Or more likely not. Regardless, under no circumstances will I EVER consider buying any of their EZKeys, EZMix or Midi Packs. F**K YOU Toontrack. Really, F**K YOU!

musicman30102
    Participant

Well the only other thing, musically that beats this is when Logic, literally overnight quit supporting the Windows platform. THAT was a slap in the face. This sucks big time too. And no official comment from the powers that be? It’s really discouraging that at least there’d be an official response  specifically to this thread.

Phenix 2
    Participant

every day

Are you really getting notification emails, or do you mean that this thread appears for you on the New Replies page? The latter can’t be avoided, I’m afraid.

The “No topics were found” that you mentioned earlier, is that shown directly on the New Replies page? Or does it say “No topics were found” when you click on a thread link on the New Replies page? If so, what’s the text and URL for that link?

i don’t receive any emails

i just say that in the right angle, i see  the answers here and everyday there are 2 answers

they are replies which get me there even if  am not interested in this thread

this thread appears for you on the New Replies page?  YES

and the other reply -answer said that “no topics were found”

The “No topics were found” that you mentioned earlier, is that shown directly on the New Replies page : i would say yes

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 216 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.