Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 215 total)
  • service1
    Participant

Agreed. It’s not just the couple of hundreds of dollars I would have given them right now to upgrade. Its the perception that their willingness to jack around their customer base makes me gun shy of buying anything else from them. I’d just bought the EZ Drummer Metal package special & looked at them for the first time in years – & laugh because you got to love a software company too dumb to take their existing user bases money. If they think they are THAT unique…. they will eventually find that none of them are in regards to software.

Thanked by: Brian Clifford
    zcruptr
    Participant

I somehow missed the upgrade deal entirely. I upgrade things in cycles, and JUST got some new ssd’s, new ram, and upgraded Komplete Ultimate. I spent quite a bit with pianoteq for most of their pianos (almost went with ezkeys). Splurged on some other vst’s, and decided to check and see what toontrack was up to. I have ezdrummer2 and Superior 2, with a few xpacs. I like to shop top shelf sometimes when i trust a brand. I was assuming TT would get $100 or so from me. THEN, I saw how large the library had grown, along with other changes. I assumed $200 sounds fair. When I went to check out, I notice its $300+ to cross from superior 2-3.  I immediately figure that TT is trying to change their client base some.  Im not angry, just a tad shocked to find that there was an option THAT EXPIRED!! meeting what I was willing to pay. Unfortunately, I wont bother updating this cycle. TT missed out on my $200 and I may never upgrade, and something in the competition will find my $$. I am a brand snob, missing an update cycle, only allows the competition to catch my fancy. I will be looking for emails to offer the xgrade at $200. If i dont see any in the next few weeks, I’ll forget about it and see what comes around during my next cycle.

Thanked by: David De Garie-Lamanque and Brian Clifford
    Dick Dixon
    Participant

Stefan is so dead on correct!  Everyone here are owners of their products.  We paid for SD, which supported future development that led to SD 3.  The cost is not the complaint; the company chose to DISCONTINUE the upgrade path.  It is a very distasteful and disgraceful practice.  I was about to upgrade from SD2, then they sent that out.  They literally changed my mind.  I didn’t upgrade; because, of that notice.  I will not support a company that engages is practices such as that!

Dick Dixon
    Participant

The comments that were posted that slammed Stefan and other owners for making their opinions public, were probably Toontrack employees with user accounts, another shameful practice, guys!  SD3 is only good; because, we (owners/supporters) paid for the previous products.  That in itself is proof that we valued the time and labor it takes to make such a product.

Antonio
    Participant

I was ready to upgrade too. I find this a questionable policy, but also irritating, considering that the crossgrade from EZDrummer is still available.

I could understand (but still disagree) for upgrades from versions two or more generations old, but not from the last one. This means that they don’t give credit to past users who, as mentioned by others, contributed to the development of the newest version with their purchases.

If they do this for their flagship product, I can expect the same to happen for all other product lines. I have almost everything (EZDrummer, Superior Drummer, EZKeys, EZMix, and a lot of expansions), but now I am going to sell everything except what I absolutely need, andI’ll stop buying from Toontrack.

Toontrack products are great, Superior Drummer has no rivals, but I won’t give my money to a company that shows no respect for their own paying customers.

I wonder how many customers, like me, are going away…

Thanked by: Brian Clifford and David De Garie-Lamanque

I also find it baffling that the upgrade for owner of Superior Drummer 2 was time-limited, whereas the crossgrade from EZdrummer 2 is available for customers who paid less for their software. It does reek of a cash grab, because not only do you have the buy the software, but a lot of people also have to end up getting a new hard drive if they want to download the new base library, and charging 200 USD extra for the sounds on a hard drive also reeks of a cash grab.

Not everyone has an unlimited budget for their gear and software purchases and removing the option of upgrading after a certain time is just mean-spirited.

The people who decided on this upgrade scheme should be ashamed.

Hopefully SD2 will keep working with new OSes for a certain time. But i will never buy anything from Toontrack again. Addictive Drums provides way better results with little to no fucking around.

Stefan Schmidt
    Participant

Es sagt schon viel aus, das keiner vom Marketing sich dazu äußert.
    Und wie sieht der Umgang mit den EZDrummer Kunden in Zukunft aus? Können wenigstens die gut schlafen?
    Das ist ein guter Weg das Vertrauen der Kunden zu verlieren.

Deepl.com translation:
    It already says a lot that no one from marketing is going to comment on.
    And how will EZDrummer deal with its customers in the future? Can they at least sleep well?
    That’s a good way to lose customers’ trust.

Phenix 2
    Participant

i receive “new replies” but i am not in this thread

strange

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

I was trying to do some research on how toontrack software handles third party midi files and was not allowed to read any posts within the superior drummer 3 area because I don’t own it.

bear in mind I’ve supported this company with SD2, EZ mix, mix packs, midi packs, SD2 expansion packs for years.

does anyone know if the Ugritone midi would work in Superior drummer 2?

those guys at least seem to have the metal ethos down and aren’t trying to bully their customer base.

AllMighty MIDI Pack

Let’s see if a toontrack admin will Delete this question from their board even though im a paying toontrack customer.

Scott

I was trying to do some research on how toontrack software handles third party midi files and was not allowed to read any posts within the superior drummer 3 area because I don’t own it.

bear in mind I’ve supported this company with SD2, EZ mix, mix packs, midi packs, SD2 expansion packs for years.

does anyone know if the Ugritone midi would work in Superior drummer 2?

those guys at least seem to have the metal ethos down and aren’t trying to bully their customer base.

AllMighty MIDI Pack

Let’s see if a toontrack admin will Delete this question from their board even though im a paying toontrack customer.

If those MIDI packs are GM, then they should work with S2/S3/EZD2.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Phenix 2
    Participant

hard to leave this thread

i receive “new reply”

why ?

Scott

hard to leave this thread

i receive “new reply”

why ?

Because you posted in this thread on page 3.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Phenix 2
    Participant

but i am not following this thread anymore and i receive replies

Scott

but i am not following this thread anymore and i receive replies

IDK. I always get New Reply notifications for threads I’ve posted in whether I’ve subscribed to them or not.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Stefan
    Participant

Everybody will forever receive notifications from this thread as a punishment for contributing 🙂

Stefan Sebechlebsky, Bratislava, Slovakia.

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 215 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.