Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 215 total)
  • maxtrax
    Participant

Hey Stephan…I’m just now getting to my plugins due to a drive change for my Mac Computer and I’m about to change my Superior Drummer over as the third party plugin.I went to my Superior Drummer account and found NADA in there.I called Rick who gave me his cell 6 years ago and he answered with some IDK stuff to contact Support…Hence I looked up Upgrade from to 3.0 and found a few mixed messages just 5o look for a price and came upon your message in forum.Can you please advise and please use my email so I can easily read your messages without having to visit the Forum if you don’t mind.

My email is maxmusic615@bellsouth.net

Thanks Stephan and I’ll look forward to your email.

Best~David

• This post was modified 3 years ago by maxtrax.
    alomat
    Participant

Wasn’t able to use my “home studio” since 2017. Finally put it all back together. Updated and upgraded every single software package, i.e. happily wired a lot of money to a lot of software companies… except for “toontrack”. The only product without even a tiny discount. In most cases it didn’t even matter when I skipped a release or two. Good thing I own a sh*tload of other drum products and there are some new ones I can try and buy.

Thanked by: A former customer. and Bartholomew Boge
    whippinpost91850
    Participant

I have both Easy Drummer & Superior Drummer 2.
    This is the worst business practice, I’ve ever heard of. Paul

Thanked by: littlesicily, A former customer. and Bartholomew Boge
    thedrumdoctor
    Participant

You can still buy a cross-grade from EZ2 to SD3. The SD2 to SD3 route remains closed so I bought Addictive Drums instead. I’d still buy SD3 if there was an upgrade path in place for the abandoned SD2 customers but there doesn’t seem to be a business incentive to reopen that upgrade path.

Thanked by: Bartholomew Boge
    Antonio
    Participant

I also have EZD2 and SP2, so I could also cross-grade, but I decided to not invest my money in this company the same moment I realized that they decided that SP2 owners have an expiration date. If this happens for a “premium” product like SD2, it will happen for all other products too.

Among other products, SD3 and EZBass are definitely two products that I would have bought long ago (not mentioning the respective expansions) — top quality software, but low quality customer care.

Thanked by: A former customer., Truid and Bartholomew Boge
    Dino
    Participant

Four years after the launch of SD3 and over 3 years after this thread was started and TT and is still not interested about listing to their customers needs. It’s been 4 years since TT has had a major software release. All this company does now is release some new content for their old and some of it antiquated software. You know their upgrade policy likely cost them a small fortune in revenue. Remember all the pictures they had of their super modern office and team on the website, all gone! These two useful id10ts that own this company are too arrogant to make amends with their old clients.

While I know this subject is widely discussed online everyone for the most part has moved to SS. A reputable solid stable company with a known name on the company letterhead. AD is nice too but it seems most the folks I chat with went to SS. The last SS version upgrade cost me NOTHING! They gave it to me.

Mac OS, Logic Pro

Thanked by: A former customer., robegian and Bartholomew Boge
    desousa29
    Participant

This is honestly unfortunate and doesn’t reflect well with clients.

Thanked by: A former customer., robegian and Bartholomew Boge
    Albert Corey
    Participant

Woe is me………I came here to find out about upgrading from SD2 to SD3 and………Really?

@Toontrack – you have undoubtedly lost a portion of your loyal customer base and the dollars they would have spent for the upgrade, not including MANY future expansion purchases – who is your financial adviser? What have you gained at all by this nonsense?

You have arrogantly pushed former LOYAL customers out of your present and future customer base and left coin on the table for your competition to grab.

And Forrest Gump said it well – Stupid is as Stupid does – I suggest changing the “Superior” part of your product name to the aforementioned

robegian
    Participant

Since I was not allowed to upgrade SD2 to SD3, I’ve just ‘crossgraded’ to BFD3 (for $50) — which I would have never took in consideration if Toontrack had allowed a regular upgrade of their product.

Thanked by: A former customer.
    robegian
    Participant

Four years after the launch of SD3 and over 3 years after this thread was started and TT and is still not interested about listing to their customers needs. It’s been 4 years since TT has had a major software release. All this company does now is release some new content for their old and some of it antiquated software. You know their upgrade policy likely cost them a small fortune in revenue. Remember all the pictures they had of their super modern office and team on the website, all gone! These two useful id10ts that own this company are too arrogant to make amends with their old clients.

While I know this subject is widely discussed online everyone for the most part has moved to SS. A reputable solid stable company with a known name on the company letterhead. AD is nice too but it seems most the folks I chat with went to SS. The last SS version upgrade cost me NOTHING! They gave it to me.

What’s “SS” by the way (the well known nazi thing aside of course:-))?

ejsongs
    Participant

I just did the opening segment for the American Music Awards and needed live sounding drums to do it.   I asked toontrack about upgrading from sd2 to sd3 and they refused.   So I ended up using bfd3.   Many who heard the demo sketches could not believe that the drums weren’t real.   It’s a shame that toontrack won’t listen to its customers as I have a  fairly big collection of Sdx libraries. But maybe it’s for the best.

My recent experience with BFd has been stellar and I have now shifted my focus back to building up my BFd library…they are cheaper and sit better in the mix.  I just did a mix for a client where I was given a single mono overhead drum track.   I had to obviously do some serious drum replacement to fix this.  BFd3 came to the rescue once again and no one is none the wiser.

so I suppose I must thank toontrack forcing me to look elsewhere…and helping me make $$$ in new areas by relying on their competitors.

toontrack has pretty much lost me as a customer.

ej

Thanked by: A former customer. and Truid
    Truid
    Participant

I, myself, have also returned after getting an upgraded Macbook Pro, only to find out that my SD 2.0 is no longer supported. This is literally the only software that I have not upgraded due to there being no discounted ‘loyalty’ price (others call it loyalty for a reason). It appears Toontrack has no plans to reconcile with their previous user base. Quite an interesting, and sad, business move on their part. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I will say, I do feel for those who invested heavily into SD packs. I’m lucky to have only scooted by with two purchases. While I would have purchased more at this point in my career, that will not be happening now.

Thanked by: A former customer.
    thedrumdoctor
    Participant

What’s “SS” by the way (the well known nazi thing aside of course:-))?

Steven Slate drums (I don’t have it myself though).

A former customer.
    Participant

I too am disgusted at the lack of customer loyalty here, I knew the original decent discount was only for a limited time, but wasn’t concerned, thinking there would at least be some kind of upgrade  discount still. so decided not to upgrade at the time. But now it’s literally nothing?  Unless we owned a lesser product and ‘crossgrade’?

I made the false assumption that when I eventually got around to upgrading from 2 to 3 I would at least get some kind of loyalty discount, as most decent software companies typically do that. But now that I was finally interested in upgrading to SD3 and some new packs, I checked the cart and the pricing options, and eventually realized that no I was not mistaken, you really do give zero discount since I own Superior Drummer 2, and not a cheaper product like verious flavours of EZ Drummer 2 which makes no sense to me at all, other than your company literally is greedy and has no customer loyalty or wish to retain and reward long term customers. For some reason those of us with SD2 instead of EZ/EZ2 get punished with literally no upgrade discount at all.

Very strange way of marketing, and such a dissapointing and shameful business practice you’ve chosen here, this feels like a rude slap in the face. Why would you give ONLY the people who literally own a cheaper, lesser product still get at least some discount, but we who owned the previous premium product, SD2 literally get nothing at all in the way of a discount, and are expected to pay the full price all over again?

And to think I was also about to buy some EZ Keys packs when I saw that EZ keys 2 was coming out soon too, until I checked the prices and the cart confused until I finally realized that yes, you have zero loyalty to us and chose a lesser travelled strange, cold and greedy path. As of now I have no interest in doing further business and giving you any money ever again. I will just continue to use what I haveso long as it works, and shop at your competitors for new sounds instead.

I also feel somewhat stupid and embarassed now for having recommended you and your products to others many times in the past too. That won’t be happening ever again I promise you that. I’ll be sure to let anybody know that you have no loyalty toward your customers and that I would never bother with your company again.

You’ve lost me too along with everyone else in this thread. I wonder how many didn’t bother with even writing and just silently left in disgust?
    Goodbye.

So, it’s the end of the road for me… after upgrading my old Macs… newest Ventura and Cubase updates, won’t my SD2…

What other drums software do you recommend me guys? A crossgrade could be the way.

Kindest Regards,

Anton

Thanked by: littlesicily
Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 215 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.