Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 215 total)
  • LoopyFruit
    Participant

Thanks.

Marsi 27
    Participant
    I came across this article because today I received the information that the upgrade option from SD2 to SD3 will be discontinued on January 1st, 2019.

I can fully understand that the support of an old software version at some point.

BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT AN UPGRADE OPTION FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS HAS TO DO WITH THE SUPPORT OF AN OLD VERSION ?

IF THE CUSTOMER WILL UPGRADE FROM SD2 TO SD3, HE HAS THE CURRENT SUPPORTED VERSION !
    THIS SUPPORT DISCUSSION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL QUESTION !

LoopyFruit
    Participant

Is the upgrade still being discontinued on 31st December 2018 or has the time limit been extended?

Thanks.

Scott

Come 2019 there will be not be three available Superior Drummer 3 products to choose from since the Upgrade (Path and Pricing) will be discontinued. The heavily discounted Upgrade deal will by then have been available for about 16 months.

Come 2019 the Regular version and the Crossgrade version will be the only ones available.

-Regular Version-
    For all customers that do not own EZdrummer 2.
    $419 | €349 | 2 999 SEK

-Crossgrade-
    For owners of any version of EZdrummer 2
    $319 | €269 | 2 499 SEK

Please note:
    Superior Drummer 2 will still work on your computer and you can continue using it together with your SDXs and the SDXs/EZXs that were released before SD3.
    But since Superior Drummer 2 is a product no longer available in the webshop and “no longer exists” (at least not as a purchase option) it will not be supported forever.

This basically means that no new updates will be released for Superior Drummer 2, so when it comes to compatibility with future Operating Systems or future DAWs we cannot guarantee it will work for all eternity.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

LoopyFruit
    Participant

Thanks Scott

Retailers are still selling SD2 will buyers be able to register and authorize SD2 after 31st of December?

Scott

Thanks Scott

Retailers are still selling SD2 will buyers be able to register and authorize SD2 after 31st of December?

Yes, as long as retailers have stock.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: LoopyFruit
    LoopyFruit
    Participant

Thanks again Scott, there’s some great deals out there for SD2.

Henrik Nobel
    Participant

I’ve been using Superior Drummer 2 for a couple of years, and I’ve been a happy customer so far.

But it ends now. I almost thought that this was a joke. I can’t believe it.

I payed several hundred euros for your products, and now (or a few months ago) you’re actually telling me that the products you sold me, might be useless whenever I do what any sane human being would do; Update my OS in the future?
    I’ll tell you what this is. You sold me some potentially useless products, and now you’re giving up responsibility – that’s what it is.

Also, the hidden arrogance of the moderators in this thread offends me as a paying customer. I don’t want to be forced to upgrade to a product I don’t need, when the product I’ve already purchased is exactly what I need.
    “Nobody’s forcing anyone!” you might say… No, that’s true. Nobody’s being forced to eat food and drink water either, but everyone’s aware of the consequences if they don’t.

It’s a sad way of treating customers, and I will definitely delete everything on my computer with the name Toontrack on it, and never talk good about this company again. Time to move on…

Merry Christmas.

Thanked by: A former customer.
    Phenix 2
    Participant

and for those who have some EZX? A better price to go to sdd3 ? 🙂

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Gary Stephens
    Participant

Henrik Nobel, Your response is unfair. This SD2 upgrade thing is no different than what every other software vendor on the planet is doing. Nobody expects Microsoft Office 98 to keep working forever on Windows XP or Windows 7 or Windows 10. Even Microsoft can’t support older versions of software forever, it simply is not feasible to do that. What makes you think Toontrack should be any different? This upgrade to SD3 is a steal at this price, for what you get it is incredible. It is simply not realistic to expect them to make every version of EZD and SD work forever on every OS no matter how old it is.

Music is the universal language! Let's communicate!

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

I’ve been using Superior Drummer 2 for a couple of years, and I’ve been a happy customer so far.

I payed several hundred euros for your products, and now (or a few months ago) you’re actually telling me that the products you sold me, might be useless whenever I do what any sane human being would do; Update my OS in the future?

Not true.
    There are countless professional studios, mix & mastering engineers that forgo any & all OS & hardware updates in order to continue running their older DAW software. …and have been doing so for many years.
    Some are even using software published by manufacturers that are no longer in existence…

Thanked by: Gary Stephens
    Dino
    Participant

This is a complete disappointment. I have never in my life seen a software company end an upgrade program for any reason, ever, period ,end of story. I have a lot invested in SDK’s and EZX’s but my trust, as I suspect with many others is broken. While US $209 I feel is a very fair price for V 3.x ending the upgrade program is clearly a greedy end of year revenue grab. Why should I have to pay for software over again that I have paid full price for initially?

I just upgraded another platform that I have thousands of dollars into for US $49.99. The price after the new year sale will be US $149.99 but the upgrade program will not end. The software itself is almost US $1000 for a new plugin with no additional products added, yet that company (and any other company for that matter) can upgrade someone for US $149.99 even after special end of the year pricing is no longer available.

I am finished as your customer Toontrack, you have broken my trust. As I said earlier I believe many others will no longer use your products because you as a company can’t be trusted. In the future you are likely to use the same greedy money grab for this or other products of yours that we as customers (of former customers in my case) own. This is unprecedented for any software that I have ever owned or been aware of in my entire professional career. Pure greed!

Mac OS, Logic Pro

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Dino.
    LoopyFruit
    Participant

Totally agree undeadbard, I’m very disappointed in Toontrack.

Thanked by: A former customer.
    Gary Stephens
    Participant

I have never in my life seen a software company end an upgrade program for any reason, ever, period ,end of story.

Get out much? That is simply not true at all. You have never used any software that has the name “Microsoft” on it? Do you really believe that Microsoft should still offer an upgrade path for Office Pro 98 to upgrade to Office 2013? Or an upgrade path for Windows XP to Windows 7 or Windows 10? Have you ever been a programmer? Do you have any idea what an impossible task it would be, even for Microsoft, to offer endless upgrades for every version of software? If you have never been a programmer then you have no clue what it takes to program software like Superior Drummer, let alone what it takes to make old versions upgradeable and compatible with new versions. Your claim is not realistic at all. Wake up and join the real world.

Some of you people are just amazing with these shallow rants and me, me, me points of view. Break out of your shell and expand your horizons. OMG!

Music is the universal language! Let's communicate!

LoopyFruit
    Participant

So soundchaser59 you are saying Toontrack are acting like the much hated Microsoft?

That is exactly our point.

Thanked by: Dino
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 215 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.