Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)
  • Gary Stephens
    Participant

So soundchaser59 you are saying Toontrack are acting like the much hated Microsoft?
    That is exactly our point.

That’s your twist, not mine. If you can’t grasp the reasons behind it, then nothing anyone says will make sense to you. Go learn programming and then come back and tell us all how easy it is to maintain endless versions and upgrades of your software.

Music is the universal language! Let's communicate!

Stefan
    Participant

It is not necessary to maintain endless versions and upgrades. The future upgrade can also be performed by uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.

Stefan Sebechlebsky, Bratislava, Slovakia.

• This post was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Stefan.
    LoopyFruit
    Participant

It is not necessary to maintain endless versions and upgrades. The future upgrade can also be performed by uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.

Yes Stefan, but why are Toontrack cutting off upgrades for SD2 users after the 31st? yet EZ2 users can still upgrade after that time. that is what I find unfair.

LostCaustic
    Participant

So… come 2019 there will be NO upgrade option for owners of SD2 to SD3?

Look at NI’s Komplete 12, owners of versions 2 – 11 can upgrade for the same price, no time limit… THAT’S how it should be done.

Look after your customers, Toontrack.

Guess its ‘S0 long’, then.

Joshua Ariyo
    Participant

Very unfair business strategy.

I think TT should see how the pros deal with such transition:

eg: https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-pro-10.html

Upgrade from Cubase LE / AI (4 or higher), Elements, Essential, Studio, SX, SL or Sequel to Cubase 10 Pro!!!

Learn how they deal with customers.

Please, don’t force the upgrade on us, with time we will upgrade, your company has a good product “SD3”. 

Thanks

Thanked by: Mighty Unicorn
    Frill
    Participant

A limited upgrade path  is totally annoying and absolutely unfair! I’ve been out of business for some time and when i came back (last autumn) my SD2 notified me about some updates for SD2 – nothing else. I simply didn’t hear about the SD3 upgrade offer – till now.

So come on TT, don’t be so greedy. There is simply no reason for a limitation of an upgrade offer. In opposite for an introductory price or something similar…

Cheers, Frill!

PS: Maybe the people at TT just don’t know (or forgot) how less money an average musician earns.. Looks like they lost base contact… musicians a sensible people and will leave when treated like a cash cow.. – So goodbye!

Thanked by: Mighty Unicorn and Stefan
    Frill
    Participant

Very unfair business strategy.

I think TT should see how the pros deal with such transition:

eg: https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-pro-10.html

Upgrade from Cubase LE / AI (4 or higher), Elements, Essential, Studio, SX, SL or Sequel to Cubase 10 Pro!!!
    <snip>

Exactly! Over the years I went from Artist6 over CU8 to CU10PRo.  I wouldn’t have done this without upgrade offers..

Stefan
    Participant

Referring to the contribution of Frill:

• There is simply no reason for a limitation of an upgrade offer!

No real reason! That is the point! All those mentions in this thread about software compatibility continuity problem etc. are just bullshit.

• This post was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Stefan.

Stefan
    Participant

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant.

Stefan
    Participant

Yes Stefan, but why are Toontrack cutting off upgrades for SD2 users after the 31st? yet EZ2 users can still upgrade after that time. that is what I find unfair.

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant.

Dino
    Participant

The fact of the matter is TuneTrack ended the upgrade program 15 months after V.3.x was released. This is in no way a reasonable practice that anyone I’ve ever seen in the software industry SaaS or stand alone has ever practiced. If it was 36 months I could understand but as of now It’s greedy and just plain wrong to end a program so quickly.

ToonTrack clearly does not value a large portion of their clientele specifically those of us that have spoken out on Social Media, Blogs and other means of communication. Our voices have been completely ignored! That speaks volumes and tells you everything you need to know about the very sad culture and indifferent aloof management style at this money hungry company. It’s poor in principle and execution.

If you want a product that is priced reasonably and doesn’t ding your pocketbook Try Steven Slate drums. Some of the samples sit better in the mix and the way it handles MIDI from other libraries is far superior.

Mac OS, Logic Pro

• This post was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Dino.

Nip
    Participant

All software products have a discount for upgrades for existing customers – and it only varies how much discount you get depending on which version you are upgrading from.

In some cases – a time span is involved – upgrade now as introductional price or similar.

Like – upgrade until jan 31st 2019 – and you get 50% discount.

After that existing customers on SD2 can upgrade for 30% discount.

..and similar approaches.

Upgrade until jan 31st 2019 – or you have to buy new full price SD3 – that is unheard of.

Well, Avid did for ProTools being all cocky they were industry standard – and see what happend?

If you expire out of subscription for annual support – you have to buy ProTools at new price – that is what management declared.

Avid shares went from $18 down to $6 until management changed policy to now rather acceptable.

I repeat a former suggestion I made a couple of months ago:

Make a separate upgrade offer for the plugin of SD3 alone – exclude the SD3 samples – as one upgrade offer

• we/customers get a benefit of some new easier workflow on some stuff with current SDX’es that we have.
    • The great benefit for Toontrack is it keeps an open door for customers to get whatever new in SDX that is released.

And reduce upgrade discount from current offer after a deadline – that is ok.

But ending all discount – that is bad business.

The current offer is all or nothing

• big disadvantage for Toontrack building a wall towards existing customer base
    • customer will not buy anything new in sdx’es release due to huge threshold introduced

I had my own software business for 16 years, and now retired enjoying doing my former hobby full time – making film and music.

I just think it is a good idea to alter upgrade offers – and keep low thresholds to reel old customer base into SD3 territory.

Thanks for reading.

sosrick2
    Participant

This is straight BS. I bought SD2 from guitar center only a week before the upgrade to SD3 ended. I wasn’t aware of the new SD3 at the time I purchased SD2  then went on the Toontracks website a couple weeks later to check out the support forum and theres SD3. You cant take software back after its been open so I got completely screwed after shelling out the cash for SD2 I definitely didn’t have the funds to shell out for the full priced version of SD3. If they are not going to offer the upgrade, I’m moving on to Steven Slate Drums 5 for $149. This is so unfair and just unethical.

• This post was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by sosrick2.

Gary Stephens
    Participant

This is straight BS. I bought SD2 from guitar center only a week before the upgrade to SD3 ended. I wasn’t aware of the new SD3 at the time I purchased SD2 then went on the Toontracks website a couple weeks later to check out the support forum and theres SD3. You cant take software back after its been open so I got completely screwed after shelling out the cash for SD2 I definitely didn’t have the funds to shell out for the full priced version of SD3. If they are not going to offer the upgrade, I’m moving on to Steven Slate Drums 5 for $149. This is so unfair and just unethical.

The man has a very very good point. It is very unfair to allow some retailer to sell SD2 just a few days or hours before the SD3 Upgrade expires, and the customer has no clue that there even is an upgrade? And the retailer doesn’t tell them there is an upgrade? Surely someone from Toontrack can see the injustice in that situation?

Maybe it would be better for Toontrack to make the upgrade to SD3 expire on Dec 31 OR 1 year after your purchase date for SD2, whichever comes later. At least make the upgrade price available to people who purchased SD2 within 30 or 60 days of the upgrade expiration date, something like that.

Music is the universal language! Let's communicate!

JAU Kev
    Participant

Hello everbody, Today I came to the site saying “I will finally be able to upgrade my SD2”. And then I discover that there is no upgrade offer for SD2. But it’s a joke, seriously …. Take a look at Native Instrument. We can not always afford to invest when you want…

As we say at home in France  ” A bon entendeur “

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 5 years, 2 months ago by JAU Kev.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.