Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 216 total)
  • incognado
    Participant

Ok….so I just upgraded my system to a MB Pro M2 running Ventura. Installed the Product Manager, downloaded my registered copy of Superior Drummer 2 and installed it. Hey presto, it works fine in Logic Pro. I’m a little suprised, but pleased. It will do me for now. If and when it no longer works with a future update I may purchase EZDrummer which can access all my loop libraries.

Lucky you 👏

incognado
    Participant

Lucky you 👏

No, not “lucky me”. What I’m saying is SD2 actually works fine on the new M1 and M2 macs, and with the latest version of Logic. I assumed that it would not, good news is no urgent need to upgrade anything.

Well, at the end, it seems I have “some kind” of luck too. Launching Cubase 12 pro in Rosetta 2, will make usable SD2 again.

Kevin McAulay
    Participant

I personally find it shit that when you invest with someone like Toontrack they choose the screw you over, I have superior drummer 2, and quite a few drum packs, I come here to upgrade and find that there is only a crossgrade from ezy drummer and no upgrade.

I am not buying superior drummer 3 out of principle and unfortunately not buying any more toon track products, there are plenty of options out there and if you won’t support the people that support you, then I wont support you.

Thanked by: st.Thomas and littlesicily
    Rabitnose
    Participant

Basically, Toontrack is saying that the cost of buying Superior Drummer 3 is the same for existing customers and new customers alike. Which appears to send the message that loyalty is not a consideration. That’s too bad for everyone involved.

Companies that appreciate my loyalty get more of my money. And they show that appreciation by offering me a break in the price of an upgrade. It’s an acknowledgment that my previous investments in their products helped finance the next generation of products. It seems to me that limiting the time period for an upgrade price break reflects a limited sense of gratitude for one’s current customers and their loyalty.

If you feel you want to upgrade from SD2 to SD3, maybe your only recourse is to sell SD2 and use the proceeds to buy SD3. Just be aware that Toontrack charges $15 to transfer a license.

Thanked by: p-dub and oogmlltv
    oogmlltv
    Participant

This is weak-af bullshit. Jumping ship. You’ve had more than enough of my pennies Toontrack.

p-dub
    Participant

This is one of the shittiest moves I have seen against customers in a very long time.  They still offer a cross grade from EZ but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THOSE OF US THAT THREW DOWN HUNDREDS ON SD2.0.  Well, no thanks TT.  Taking my money elsewhere I guess.  I was really looking forward to Area33 but no god damn way I am supporting this company any longer.

Reverb Tank
    Participant

Interesting to find this thread as I am exactly in the same situation as many others: Haven’t fired up the home studio in a long, long time and just getting back into it. What is interesting is that I had Studio One 3 Pro on my PC and lo and behold, Presonus has an upgrade path from Studio One 3 to version 6.5 at a reduced cost. Guess what happened: Yep, I bought it. Guess what didn’t happen: Upgrade to SD 3 at full cost. This I refuse to do.

So good job Toontrack on getting zero dollar from me instead of getting some with a sensible upgrade path.

st.Thomas
    Participant

Interesting to find this thread as I am exactly in the same situation as many others: Haven’t fired up the home studio in a long, long time and just getting back into it. What is interesting is that I had Studio One 3 Pro on my PC and lo and behold, Presonus has an upgrade path from Studio One 3 to version 6.5 at a reduced cost. Guess what happened: Yep, I bought it. Guess what didn’t happen: Upgrade to SD 3 at full cost. This I refuse to do.

So good job Toontrack on getting zero dollar from me instead of getting some with a sensible upgrade path.

Same here / Recently i was thinking about upgrading from SD2.0, just to discover this “great news” . Funny enough they just send me email offering upgrade form EZ drummer to EZ drummer 3 “As an owner of a previous version, you qualify for the EZdrummer 3 upgrade pricing”.

If they would offer us same upgrade path with SD3 that would be  pure gain for company…its absolute nonsense to me . So sorry, but goodbye Toontrack.

Thanked by: thedrumdoctor
    riverwalkaudio
    Participant

I’m here to be one more uphappy customer on the record.  Like many others, I saw the upgrade emails when Superior Drummer 3.0 was released, but the upgrade didn’t make sense at the time, and I honestly thought it seemed odd Toontrack would discontinue an upgrade path.  I would upgrade in a heartbeat now, but what Toontrack has done is such a slap in the face to their existing customers that I’d rather re-program existing tracks using their competitors’ software than buy 3.0 outright.

Thanked by: thedrumdoctor
    thedrumdoctor
    Participant

I’d look out for someone selling a 3.0 licence. That’s what I ended up doing.

I still love Addictive Drums 2, but they are long overdue an upgrade. SD3’s hi-hat engine is slightly better and they have bell samples for crashes. Sample wise, I have no issues between the two – as a recording drummer. SD3’s samples may well be 48khz but I can’t hear the difference. I’ve invested in extra kit packs for AD2 as well, because they are working on the next release.

I’m guessing SD4  when it comes, will have some sort of AI technology included, but whether that will be more useful for programmers/producers or real drummers will be the grounds for whether or not I choose to upgrade. SD3 is packed with stuff I’ll never use recording stems to give to other people to work with. Roll on AD3!!!

Antonio
    Participant

Superior Drummer is currently on sale, 25% discount if not wrong, both full and crossgrade. Tempted, but as an owner of SD2 who missed the SD3 upgrade train, I’ll pass. Sadly, because it is really a great product. But no thanks.

• This post was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Antonio.
    Rabitnose
    Participant

Hey everyone. Yes, it would be nice (and smart) if our friends at Toontrack were more appreciative of their supporters (e.i. their customers). Because of course, without us they wouldn’t have the funds to improve the next version of their products. So in thanks, they really should always offer owners of their products a reduced price to upgrade.

And many of you are rightfully angry with Toontrack for not offering upgrades all the time. But they’re having a sale this month (March 2024), so I say, take advantage.

Mike_S.
    Participant

TT seems to want to actually rid themselves of all v2 customers who didn’t upgrade earlier.

Completely bizarre.

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 216 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.