Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 216 total)
  • Mighty Unicorn
    Participant

Such great points to this topic toward the end of the thread.

All of these points still stand. Toontrack, I really want to get SD3 through your site. But faithful SD2 owners not being extended the Crossgrade discount is simply not the way to keep us as paying customers.

Please do extend the discount to us. This is simply unfair. We invested in you… Now help us keep investing in you.

Thanked by: Brian Clifford and Dino
    jb1253
    Participant

Bummer, I just found out about this, I just came to the Toontrack site to look into upgrading my SD2, a search for “upgrade” led me straight to this thread….

I searched my email, I received notices about the new SD3 release, but I had just finally purchased SD2 about 8 months before the release so I couldn’t justify the upgrade so soon. Though, I didn’t receive any notices about the upgrade being discontinued, I had no idea (maybe due to my subscription settings, no clue).

I’m just a hobbyist, I play guitar in my basement and record for my own enjoyment and relaxation on occasion, I make no money from it. I finally decided I’d like to have the Tap2Find feature and easier Song Creator features. But I’m not sure what I’ll do now, I had bought a couple SDX’s and was looking to buy the Progressive Foundry SDX after upgrading.

I guess I’m sticking with SD2, it works and sounds great of course, but I can’t justify investing in any more SDX expansions, or anything else for SD2. And I certainly can’t justify buying it at full price again…

It is certainly an unusual path Toontrack has chosen. This also prevents me from buying EZdrummer 2, since that version has been around for a while, I assume the same thing will happen once EZDrummer 3 is released…and I can’t take the chance on being required to upgrade shortly after I purchase it.

Something to think about when purchasing any Toontrack products that are a few years out from initial release….

Sad,

John

Thanked by: Brian Clifford
    brrman
    Participant

I bought EZD2 to check out the software and company.  Loved it, so after a couple months I came in the hopes of upgrading EZD2 all the way up to SD3 and realized you can’t even upgrade SD2 up to SD3.

Kind of a laughable strategy.  Just destroyed my ideas of sticking with this company.  I want to upgrade on MY TIME, not your time, ToonTrack.

If I have to pay full price for something why would I do it for software that has no upgrade avenues, especially if I already have payed for a lesser version.

All this will do is completely fragment the user base.  There will now be a full community of people stuck on SD2 that will refuse to pay full price again.

Phenix 2
    Participant

235go if we don’t have the place for that

we should play -50%

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

mxwag
    Participant

Same here.  I guess I won’t be upgrading.  Was more than willing to spend $200 on v3.

Nip
    Participant

235go if we don’t have the place for that

we should play -50%

It’s nicely divided into sections to download.

No surround – reduced by over 100 GB – two parts of over 50 GB each.

No extra bleeds core library – yet reduced by 50 GB.

I downloaded nothing yet – just using new plugin with my old kits. Was it 0.3 GB.

I’m saving data cap to get Orchestral SDX arriving later – don’t need the core library.

• This post was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Nip.

Thanked by: Henrik
    Hackdog69
    Participant

just looked into upgrading, guess they missed my $200… … you think there is any chance that they might come back with the offer?

Maybe try something else if not….

Nip
    Participant

I suspect there will be campaigns like usually are on SDX’es around christmas.

Take a chance and contact stores if they have a boxed upgrade left with codes.

Those that generate codes live with Toontrack at purchase will not work.

musicman30102
    Participant

Well I’ve been out of it musically due to health issues and totally missed this upgrade. I find it kind of crazy that there’s a cross grade for EZ but not for SD2. Really? What’s up with that? Even if it was offered for a higher price, seems like they’d provide the faithful with this opportunity. Any formal response from TT?

Phenix 2
    Participant

i often read “one answer ” but i am not in this group

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

• This post was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Phenix 2.
    William Lewis
    Participant

Same as most towards the end of the thread. Came to the site, card in hand ready to upgrade, which lead straight to this forum. So much for that.

Inspector Ankardo
    Participant

As so many others, I came here to find out, what’s the matter there’s no upgrade price from SD2 -SD3. The result was quite astonishing. It is very hard to understand Toontracks strategy and how they will treat their customers. As referred many times in this thread, it is more like a rule, that a software company will offer an upgrade price at least over 2 generations until the next one will be published. Some (e.g. Steinberg and NI) will offer even lot better upgrade options.

Those, who refer to e.g. Microsoft’s  policy often forget, that they have very clear rules and information about the length of the support period (in Office for example it has been 5 or 7 years). You get normally upgrade prices over 3 generations and in the case of W10 it was free for W7 or later version users (at least, if used in private ). And upgrading from an old version does not mean it even have to be installed on your desktop. If you have the licenses, you will be eligible to upgrade. To put this in another way, it is not a question of technical support’s continuity, since you don’t necessary need a functional installation to upgrade (or at least you shouldn’t need…). It’s a customer’s service and satisfaction policy.

It’s both shame and pity for TR to go this way by ignoring their (possible) loyal customers. Have to clean up and back up old projects made with SD2 and think in a new way in the future.

—ank—

shawn
    Participant

Was looking to upgrade today and just found out about this. Doesn’t make sense to penalize you customers and push them to competitors.  Guess I will be looking at moving to SSD 5.

-SG-

Robert Collins
    Participant

Found a good upgrade price at the following link. I am in Canada and have now purchased SD3 at least at a reasonable upgrade price.

https://www.drum-tec.com/toontrack-superior-drummer-3.0-upgrade-from-superior-drummer-2.0?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ZvlBRBbEiwANw9UWh49_S5c9ssCrM1IPEr4pFM5S-71t03Xsx8Ri1IUlHnUUT-q71-dWxoCe4kQAvD_BwE

Thanked by: marcdelparte
    Brian Clifford
    Participant

Can’t see me buying from Toontrack anymore. I’ve bought loads from them (£1000 +) and they treat me like this! I didn’t even hear about this until now. Name another company that has acted this way to their loyal customers?

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 216 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.