Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade Discontinued?!

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 215 total)
  • Logan5000
    Participant

And what would be our motivation to pay another $200/$300… Once Superior Drummer FOUR comes along, all SD 3 owners will have 30 days to cough up another $300/$400 or their product they just purchased will in 30 day qualify you for no more consideration then a new user. Even if they had purchased $500 – $700 from Tunetrack products including multiple drum sounds and midi packs.  ToonTrack you will get what you give.

I know what the future holds:

They will crap all over their customers AGAIN if they don’t pay the next software ransom request within 30 days of their release of SDFour.

Nope, its time to cut losses and move on down the road, TT stop treating your family/Customers so Shady. The market AWAYS corrects itself.  Remember the ever increasing cost of Iphones,  how about Sony home electronics, Yamaha home electronics. Huh what, where did they go?     New flash no company is TO BIG to Fail.

” A birdy told me there might be a full version of SD2, Ezdrumer and a boat load of drum kits,  and stacks of midi file collections will be listed on Ebay at a fire sale price”

I just pulled the string, and I am getting off at  the very next bus stop!  Fudge Em

Thanked by: Andy and Brian Clifford
    Phenix 2
    Participant

i would like sdd3 crossgrade with a good price

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Grant
    Participant

I just contacted support to see when the upgrade path was from SD2 to SD3 and then came across this thread. I guess I won’t hold my breath for a solution any time soon. Like many others have said, I’ve never seen a company remove a +1 version upgrade path. This is pure greed. Looks like they’ve lost my custom also. There are many other alternatives out there.

Franky_Jr
    Participant

Well, I am getting in line with all others.

I bought SD2 when it came out as the sequel to DFH, used it a for home recording/playing and had no time to use it because of kids/work/life for a couple of years… So I forgot about it. Today I installed it again, was thinking about upgrading to SD3…, but will keep on using SD2 for the fun of it. My E200,- will be used for something else. Thanks ToonTrack.

• This post was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Franky_Jr.

Thanked by: Andy
    Mark Anders
    Participant

Of course the mind boggling thing about this is that I constantly receive emails for sales on EZX and SDX and if you go to Toontrack.com, the lead story is the summer sale. Given the amount of expansions, both EZX and SDX, you would think that most of the money Toontrack makes is from those.

Why on earth would the not want to keep us as customers?  For attempting to squeeze an extra $200 or so, which didn’t work, you’ve lost us as customers who are going to stock up for the summer, for christmas, etc.  It seems unbelievably short-sighted.

I did send in a “support request” as has been advised, so that decision makers see it. I didn’t get a response.

• This post was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Mark Anders.
    Da.Wa
    Participant

Another SD2 owner who came looking for an upgrade. After reading this thread I sincerely suggest TT re-evaluate how they treat existing customers. Like the others here I was more that willing to pay the upgrade price and theres no way in hell I’m paying full price. Probably another customer lost here.

Alex York
    Participant

Another annoyed customer here… been using SD2 for years, decided to update finally, seeing as I’ve relegated an old laptop to drumming duties aaaaand.. no more upgrade?? The mind boggles! This has to be the only software I’ve ever used which has no upgrade discount between major versions.

Phenix 2
    Participant

crossgrade : always the same price!  :((

Antonio
    Participant

I could have bought a lot of the expansions that are in promo, there are and were a lot of appealing deals… but since I decided to not buy from Toontrack any more, I am spending my money elsewhere.

It’s funny that other competitors offer regular upgrades for their products 4 or more generations old, like Native Instruments is doing now on Komplete, with an additional 50% “summer” discount – it’s not a direct competitor of Toontrack, but they can teach a lot in terms of customer care.

Phenix 2
    Participant

the “replies” are not discontinued

everyday i see there is one answer when i never write in this thread-topic 🙂

• This post was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Phenix 2.
    Dogfish
    Participant

I am amazed that they discontinued an upgrade from 2 to 3.  It’s not the money that bugs me the most, it’s the business practice.  Hopefully Toontrack offers the upgrade option again.

zenDrumer
    Participant

I think I will be switching back to BFD. I don’t like doing business with extortionists. Sad very sad! We should do a class action against this! They knew this when we bought and paid good money, then they stick it to us? I am disabled and no longer play professional only for fun. Now with limited income I have to find a company that will support their products. I have not found BFD has done this does anyone know if this is true?

Very disappointed

greg

JOHAN VAN STRAATEN
    Participant

Being a complete dummie regarding making music, i decided to buy SD2. A complete overkill for me, wich, on the other hand, gave me a lot of joy. Not having the budget available at the time, i decided to wait to upgrade to SD3. Today i found out there is no option to upgrade SD2 to SD3 (with a discount ). Very strange. Even my garage gives me an option to trade in my very old car, and gives me a discount when i buy another car. Toontrack acts as if my old product, as is SD2, wich i bought new some years ago, is now worth nothing at all.

Giving users of EZdrummer a discount, and refusing to do so with users of SD2, feels like an insult. It seems to me, TT doesn’t get the point of all the users that would like to pay for an upgrade. It’s a pity! I will find another way to use SD2, in combination with other software. It doesn’t mean i can’t see the value of SD3. I’m not willing to pay the full price, where other company’s show that they care about their loyal users.

Loyd Blankenship
    Participant

Wow, came here to upgrade my 2.0.

Seriously, screw you guys TT.

kylesm87
    Participant

Throwing my hat in as well. I haven’t had a ton of money the past couple years, so I wasn’t able to upgrade when 3 was released. Now I’m learning they just decided to give a big F you to all their old customers. Disgraceful. Will absolutely not buy this or anything else from Toontrack ever again.

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 215 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.