Very slow download speed in Toontrack Product Manager

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Lee Shapiro
    Participant

It’s interesting to read the various comparisons of download speeds and how long it takes people to download a single library.
    Now, please don’t think I’m trying to boast or rub your noses in the fact that my downloads seem to be going faster than yours. (I’m sure there are many people who are getting much faster speeds than me….or at least I’d HOPE so)

The thing I find interesting is that many of you say you have ultra fast download speeds (normally) and yet it’s taking days to download just one library.
    While me, on the other hand, have always had a normally slow service (because I live out in the boondocks) I’m suppose to get 10MB/s, but whenever I do a Speed Test, the highest I ever get is around 7Mbps. But when downloading actual files, the highest I usually get is 900Kbps (that’s Kilobytes, not Megabytes per second). Awfully slow compared to the rest of the world and only 1/10 of the speed I’m SUPPOSED to be getting.

And yet my download speed is maintaining that 900Kbps during these SD3 downloads. And I’m reading that some people with much faster connections are only getting half that speed. There’s got to be a reason for that. There’s too many of you for it to be merely a coincidence. I think either Toontrack servers or your ISP are throttling back the speeds due to the amount of traffic and/or the size of the files. (I’m just guessing here)

For those of you getting really slow speeds, does the download speed fluctuate from fast to slow? Or are you generally getting one slow constant speed?
    If it fluctuates, have you tried pausing the download for a few seconds and restarting it again. I’ve heard that will bring up the speed, at least for a while (in some cases).

I hope Toontrack might be able to do something to speed up the downloads. They were having problems, but said they’d be fixed by now. I haven’t heard anything new since their last announcement on Sept 14 on Facebook.

jamie goff
    Participant

the sd3 is on a totally different server, and Toonteack said it would be faster, All the otheres is what we arw having problems with. like metal foundry took 2 days. SD3 is not having that issue

LouieX
    Participant

Hi John,
    same Problem here with the download speed. (Library Download not S3 Software)
    Purchased today S3 and a EZX Expansion – Downloadspeed: 72kb (startet at ca 1 mb/s)
    Maybe u can help? Thanks, greets from Germany

LouieX
    Participant

103h downloadtime only for the Basic Lib …if I had known that before…

John

Hi guys,

as I wrote in another thread, it’s better if you contact Toontrack Support directly if you have download problems, so they may investigate quicker if there’s anything they can do in the Toontrack end, which download location you’re nearest, etc.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/my-issue-is-not-covered-in-this-faq-what-next/
    and click ‘Contact Support’.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

NorbitCleaverHook
    Participant

I have just purchased Ezdrummer 2 Bundle and the download speed in toontrack product manager is super slow (16KB/S) eventually stops downloading at all. Seems that others have had this problem as well but I see no solution after reading forums. I tried to contact support but I am told that I am a robot even though I have checked the box. Then I am diverted to a screen that tells me to check forums. Am I being dodged by support?

NorbitCleaverHook
    Participant

@John said:
    Hi guys,

as I wrote in another thread, it’s better if you contact Toontrack Support directly if you have download problems, so they may investigate quicker if there’s anything they can do in the Toontrack end, which download location you’re nearest, etc.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/my-issue-is-not-covered-in-this-faq-what-next/
    and click ‘Contact Support’.

BR,
    John  

Your Contact Support does not work, what is going on. Clearly people are having issues John and it seems we are being ignored?

John

@NorbitCleaverHook said:

Your Contact Support does not work, what is going on. Clearly people are having issues John and it seems we are being ignored?  

Hi,

could you please specify what doesn’t work?
    I just visited the page and clicked ‘Contact Support’ which brought up the form.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

NorbitCleaverHook
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

could you please specify what doesn’t work?
    I just visited the page and clicked ‘Contact Support’ which brought up the form.

BR,
    John  

Hello John thanks for replying. Eventually after trying again later on the form did come up, although I sent a message to support and the reply I got did not address any of my issues. They told me the download speed would vary depending on my location which is hardly helpful as it keeps running down and eventually stops. I would have to sit at the computer for days restarting the download every five minutes to have it finish. I wouldn’t have thought that living in Sydney Australia would be the kind of place I would expect to have issues with my location. I asked about a refund and was completely ignored in their reply. Today it running at 10 kbps while it IS running but I have to restart it constantly. I have done a speed test on my PC and its running fine. I wouldn’t have expected these kind of issues when I just spent 400 dollars. It does seem that others have been having the same problem for a while now so I would expect that you guys would have tried to correct this. I suppose I will await a reply from you tomorrow to find out what to do next but at this time I’ve spent 400 dollars on nothing. My next step will be speaking to Paypal to find out about a refund. Very disappointed.

John

What I suspect they are doing now is checking exactly where your IP address is trying to fetch the download packages and if there’s anything in the path.
    All users around the world should be directed to their nearest server mirror, it’s not a single server located in Sweden, and my guess is that the CDN has troubles with certain Internet Providers or rather vice versa.
    I sincerely hope that your downloads will speed up, so you can start using your products.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

digibiu
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Just purchased SD3 and it says it will take me 90 hours to download. Download speed is 315 k and I have a 6mb connection

rcarline
    Participant

Just bought SD3 and downloading the core library here but it’s saying 5 hours (downloading at 2.1MB/s). Running a speed test using speedtest.net shows the download speed is 54 Mbps. I’m in the UK

Russ Miglicio
    Participant

Just bought Superior Drummer 3. Download speed is about 2.8 MB/s downloading core library. Considering there is more than one download server makes this pretty ridiculous for download speed. I find it hard to believe this is that hard to fix…

MacbookPro 2.2Ghz i7, Logic X, RME UCX, Superior 2, 2 ddrum 4s with Cast Precision pads n cymbals, Alternate Mode DITI, DrumKAT 3.8, EMU E5000, Alesis D4, Dauz pads, Roland PD-31, Pintech Spikes, Pintech SE-102s, Hart Dynamics ACUPAD...

Rafael Trabolsi
    Participant

I’ve been trying to download for a week now… my download speeds are ridiculous… 10kb/s ??!! What the hell… 250kb/s… At this rate I’ll finish in a week… why is this happening? When I test my connection I get what I paid for: 10Mb/s… when watching Netflix or whatever 10Mb per second… how can this get fixed?

I am having the same problem. I just o change to OS X and I need to download more than 20 products that I have installed in other PC…….this is a big problem, because with this speed I’ll get all products in 1 year!!!

Please John, I need a quick solution….

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.