Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Very slow download speed in Toontrack Product Manager

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • braxfitz
    Participant

my speed test shows me at 150 Mbps, but the download wont go over 22mbps. Please help

Ron Grimes
    Participant

These comments were in 2016 and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I purchased a Mac Pro 2019 and have reinstalled GIGS and GIGS of sample data and plugins and programs and this is THE ONLY ONE that is taking FOREVER. Like it shows I am going to be out of business for over a week downloading these products.

I need to speed this up. Please tell me you have another way to get the products to me.

Thanks,

Ron

System info

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    John

I’m sorry you are having download trouble. The best way to get help with download speeds is to contact Toontrack Support directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below. There are ISP checks and tests that can be done and info about your computer configurations that they will need.

How do I contact support?

If you are using Wi-Fi, please try to connect an ethernet cable to your router instead.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ted lott
    Participant

It’s obvious that toontrack has no plan to help any of us with this situation. The automated responses and finger pointing back to the user kinda says it all.

Scott Van Schoyck
    Participant

Totally agree.. I just purchased SD3 and I’m trying to download the libraries and it’s crawling. It’s obvious they are throttling at 4.9MBs/sec, and my 40GB download says 2+ hours. I’m on a 2Gb internet connection, and it’s blazing fast everywhere else. One would think that after 80 customers complaining about the same problem, they would fix it… “sigh”

Okay, 2 or so hours later… I finally got tired of waiting and tried to figure out wth?!? It had slowed down to 2.2MB/s, so I paused the download (which I had already done numerous times) and went into the Network app under settings on the Mac and highlighted my wifi connection and then clicked the advanced button on the bottom right. I clicked on the Proxies tab and unchecked the “Use Passive FTP (PASV)” box. I also checked “Automatically Discovery Proxy” (even though i’m not behind one), then clicked OK and Apply. When I went back and restarted the download, it was getting 70+ MB’s/s.

I do realize neither of those settings should have anything to do with the download, but it sure worked for me. I hope this helps someone else, and sorry I bad mouthed you earlier ToonTrack!

-svs

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)

Thanked by: Tony_aman
    Tony_aman
    Participant

This worked for me too! Went from 500-600Kb/s to about 6-7MB/s

Thanks for the tip, I had a feeling there was some sort of Mac “feature” blocking this.

James
    Participant

I genuinely cannot believe how slow the download speeds are and how long people have been experiencing this for. I’m currently getting 0.6MB/s when my internet speed should be getting me 85MB/s. This isn’t acceptable. Taking 15m to download a 520MB file is shocking.

No other service I use has this issue. Please can Toontrack actually fix this issue?

Operating system: Windows 11
Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.