Very slow download speed in Toontrack Product Manager

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Phil Buckle
    Participant

@John said:
    I hope all you guys writing in this thread have contacted Toontrack Support directly.
    To get to the bottom of your specific download problems and if there are things that can be corrected at the CDN, it is important that all issues get properly logged and reported.

BR,
    John  

Well contacting support did nothing to solve my problems. After I gave them the details they asked for I never heard from them again.
    It took more than 3 weeks from the date of purchase for me to finally be able to download.

One day…..just before completely giving up and asking for a refund, I tried one last time and download speed was completely normal …….just like everything else I had been downloading during the whole period that SD3 would not download.
    It finally downloaded.

And it’s great. Really great.

But that whole experience was very bad…..in fact, the worst I have had in my 30 years of internet downloading.
    Toontracks don’t seem to give a……..

http://philbuckle.com

john white
    Participant

Man can somebody help me im running pro tools 9.0 HD on a mac pro.  expansion chassis and all. I’m downloading superior drummer 2.0 with the disk i bought superior drummer 2.0 new York sessions and when i down load it goes through the download untill i get to step 2 it comes up saying cant copy library then i hit the option finish and it pops up saying finished with errors. Then i go to. Product manager and it want to download taking twelve hours. Can somebody explain where im going wrong

john white
    Participant

Now im downloading SD3 and its rediculous 26 hour download? Why? Can anybody give me some input on the remedy please

john white
    Participant

We are but y’all are slow to reply? And seems to me y’all are a little short to your customers. And some of us has a business with our studios  when i bought SD2  same thing its download took a while but it did work and i love it but i cant run sessions while its downloads so im sitting here thumbling around going dang im a writer comercials are passing by and i have equipment and hardware.  im having to pay for to and dang man lol its ok though as long as it eventually works i hope it downloads im gonna do the wait or its carry my expansion chassis and my mac to Fultondale alabama and see if the download speeds any better. But you guys gotta help us figure this out man. why not just send us the DVD download installer disk even if it dont matter if we bought it on the internet or not y’all get our home or business addresses anyway why not?. Do that that way we have a way of re-downloading it if we’re having issues. Without having to sit here and let good work pass us by?

Scott

We are but y’all are slow to reply? And seems to me y’all are a little short to your customers. And some of us has a business with our studios when i bought SD2 same thing its download took a while but it did work and i love it but i cant run sessions while its downloads so im sitting here thumbling around going dang im a writer comercials are passing by and i have equipment and hardware. im having to pay for to and dang man lol its ok though as long as it eventually works i hope it downloads im gonna do the wait or its carry my expansion chassis and my mac to Fultondale alabama and see if the download speeds any better. But you guys gotta help us figure this out man. why not just send us the DVD download installer disk even if it dont matter if we bought it on the internet or not y’all get our home or business addresses anyway why not?. Do that that way we have a way of re-downloading it if we’re having issues. Without having to sit here and let good work pass us by?

I’m sorry you are having download trouble. The best way to get help with download speeds is to contact Toontrack Support directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below. There are ISP checks and tests that can be done and info about your computer configurations that they will need.

How do I contact support?

Toontrack decided not to go the DVD route due to the sheer size of the S3 library. Even with the largest DVD capacity, there would need to be around 28 dvds to install for the 230GB of samples.

A couple of ideas I have until support can get back to you is maybe trying to use a hardwire internet connection instead of WI-FI or turning off any virus programs while downloading from Product Manager. I can’t say if either of those will help but they have help other users in the past and is worth trying until support can get back to you.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jamie goff
    Participant

Hello John, I was using wifi and and saw the download would take 3 days for mine, but I quickly found out if you used an ethernet cable and plugged it directly into your computer , it just took about 6 hrs

john white
    Participant

I am using eithernet straight off the DSL i am using ATT

john white
    Participant

Mac pro descktop

Leopoldo Innecco
    Participant

Hi

I am trying to download SD3 via product manager and it says it will take days…. is there anything you can do on your side?

john white
    Participant

Look man im sorry to say this but its true and i will say this the hand they break will heal and it will come back to slap them back one day. but look folks the invention is out of this world. it is but people are starting to see the monopoly because when you spend thousands of dollars for all this pro tools and other host and hardware companies then five years down the line your fighting for support you cant buy no plugins or anything  at all for all the hardware you so servicly payed for then what does that tell you. Them people have a five year limit to their invention and then you might as well throw the shit away and consider it as a very exspensive loss and very eye opening mistake

john white
    Participant

Remember when the word finally comes and gets out the customer can and will change things specially when it’s become a monopoly

john white
    Participant

Look a friend bought a neve board it sounds killer man it might big and bulky but it sounds so so good man and the thing about it is when a compressor goes bad or a EQ goes bad hell its modular you can take them out and go to the local TV shop and get it fixed for hardly anything and really has so much clarity and so much silky low end on the mixes and its just a eye opening thing when it come to years of buying a invention that five years down the line will turn their backs on you. Im not inocking how good superior drummer is it is dam good to me the best but the ethical way of customer service is bad ok man sorry but im not knocking superior drummer and its awesome invention im knocking all these companies way of dropping support for the thousand you spend on the hardware to actually make this awesome invention to work like I said eye opening things is why people are going back to analog boards its not because allbthis digital inventions isnt good hell its awesome but ethics is ethics baby money is money and when it comes to money and people’s survival yall guys better think about that reality is reality your customers Can make you or break you

Kenny Barrix
    Participant

John I have the same issue with Superior 3. Been trying to download the library Part 1 for 2 days. Any help much appreciated.

Scott

John I have the same issue with Superior 3. Been trying to download the library Part 1 for 2 days. Any help much appreciated.

I’m sorry you are having download trouble. The best way to get help with download speeds is to contact Toontrack Support directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below. There are ISP checks and tests that can be done and info about your computer configurations that they will need.

How do I contact support?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Steve Danson
    Participant

I also have the same problem. 21 hours to download 11 Gb ! Why is there still no solution? According to what I read on the forum, this has been going on for a long time. Personally I am on the re-installation of my toontarck products. If it’s a challenge to install new products, I think I’ll find another service provider.
    Sorry about my English
    Steve from France

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.