Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Why is Product Manager so slow to download?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • John

Hi,

hopefully it’s temporary.
    Please have patience. If it doesn’t get better, report back here.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Andrew Zito
    Participant

OK, thanks.

Is this perhaps because of increased demand, or just general weirdness?

Alexander Linß
    Participant

I can’t download Product manager too.
    Hope it’s just temporary :/

I want to work with the great new stuff 😀
    Kiss

John

Well, temporary swings in bandwidth can most often be connected to your ISP and/or local hardware settings.
    If it seems more permanent, we need to check if there’s something funky with the mirror closest to your location.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Andrew Zito
    Participant

Well, that’d be worth checking, because I can stream / download and speed test with blistering efficiency!
    I’m in Australia, by the way.

Stefan Hepe
    Participant

I would assume that the servers handling the files for download are simply clogged up and bombarded by everybody who upgraded/purchased Superior Drummer 3.

Windows 10 Pro x64, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD hosting Cubase and Superior Drummer 2/3, Cubase Pro 9.5 (x64), Mackie Onyx Blackbird FireWire ~10ms, Alesis Trigger IO, DIY Mesh-Head rebuilt Milennium MPS-100 Pads

Rob
    Participant

Already replied to other thread with same download issue
    Same slow download here

Many, many hours already downloading, now done 102 GB of 236 GB, 7 hours remaining … wow
    More people should have this issue I suppose

My downloads are always stable and quick, but not this one
    There is something not ok here, Toontrack admins will have a look I hope

Thanked by: Sadayan Izzat
    TubeAmped
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having the same issues here. I am maxed out on Cox’s Broadband data plan, but Toontrack Product Manager download speeds are hovering around 1.2MB/s. I’ve downloaded other software product from other companies – and these downloads are a lot smaller – and they had a bit torrent situation set up. It is awesome to be able to get this many raw sound files, but the waiting on the slow downloads is torture! lol There’s got to be a better way. I am in Hampton Roads, Va (U.S.A.).

Kind Regards, Mike

Thanked by: zikmundster
    Denis Lachance
    Participant

I confirm that I’m reaching actually 16 MB/s just for say….

If you want it to go faster….go to sleep, it will be ready tomorrow morning 🙂 Like when you were young at Christmas Laugh

Now tomorrow, we’ll all have fun !

Cheers, Denis

Phil Pendlebury
    Participant

Massively slow here (I am in Dubai, UAE – 50mb+ connection). Looking at 1000+ hours to complete! (for all dl simultanious) Capture-1.PNG

Info & Contact

Windows 10 Pro (4K). Intel i7. 64GB RAM. RME FF UCX. UAD2 QUAD.
    Cubase. Nuendo. Wavelab. Ableton. Vegas. etc.

m yam
    Participant

Same here. I hope I could use SD3 in my next life.

Bob.Mander
    Participant

Same here in southern NJ: extremely slow download and never fully gets some of the larger libraries. I have excellent web performance with a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 and 32 GB of RAM running Windows 10. I have tried several times now over several days and get the same results every time. Something is not right if we’re all experiencing the same issues.Cry

Bob.Mander
    Participant

Also.. it seems to just totally freeze up to a point that you cannot even KILL the process. Requires a shutdown [sometimes a HARD Shutdown] and reboot to recover.

Mika Lönnström
    Participant

Well, what can I say?! Been trying for several days to download SD3 Library part 2 and Additional Bleed -packs. It always ends up in a timeout!
    There’s nothing wrong with my internet connection and Speed Tests shows DL speeds around 30Mb/s, so it shouldn’t be the problem..
    I don’t mind the slow DL speed, but this timeout problem is making it very hard to finish those packs!
    Any suggestions how to get rid of those Timeouts?

TT-PM-Timeout-1.png

Confused

Participant

These speeds are painfully slow, this really is ridiculous man. Normally I have not had any problems with product manager, but then again, I’ve never had to download anything large with it. Either one of two things is going on here: their servers can’t handle any faster speeds and/or product manager is pulling back the reins. I can do a large download just using firefox at 4-6+ times as fast as this. Hell, by the time I am actually done with part 1, it might be 12-20 times as fast. Peak speeds here are barely in the 650kB/S range on a 70+ mpbs connection.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.