Why is Product Manager so slow to download?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Stefan Hepe
    Participant

To be fair, it was slow the very first day. After that, it went up to 10 MB/s, which is the maximum of my Internet line (100 Mbit/s).

So no throttling of speeds for me at all…

Windows 10 Pro x64, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD hosting Cubase and Superior Drummer 2/3, Cubase Pro 9.5 (x64), Mackie Onyx Blackbird FireWire ~10ms, Alesis Trigger IO, DIY Mesh-Head rebuilt Milennium MPS-100 Pads

Participant

@Stefan Hepe said:
    To be fair, it was slow the very first day. After that, it went up to 10 MB/s, which is the maximum of my Internet line (100 Mbit/s).

So no throttling of speeds for me at all…  

10? Hell, I’d settle for 3 at this point. It is as low as 300-350 kB/S here for stretches at a time on 117+mbps connection.

Aurotonal
    Participant

130kbs. 100hours for the first basic install. Guys, pooch=screwed. I’m on super fast broadband fibre to the premises. There’s something very wrong with your implementation. Not liking a lot about this massively overdue update. Would have paid just for the plugin had you given us loyal users the option. Please update us about the issues you are working to resolve regarding the downloading. Oh, it’s just changed to 1000 hours. 22kbs.Confused

Mika Lönnström
    Participant

@John said:
    Well, temporary swings in bandwidth can most often be connected to your ISP and/or local hardware settings.
    If it seems more permanent, we need to check if there’s something funky with the mirror closest to your location.

BR,
    John  

Well, to me it looks like it’s not the ISP to blame, as there seems to be many people facing the same problems.
    So, in my opinion the issue has to be “more permanent”..
    Also, the timeouts, as I stated in this thread in post #15 are occurring several times a day, making it impossible to leave PM downloading over night.
    When a timeout occurs you have to manually start the download again!
    At this moment it looks like it will take an additional week for me to finish the downloads.. Frown
    I would really appreciate an update on this issue.

John
    BEST ANSWER

Can you guys that are having troubles please contact Toontrack Support directly by going to:
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/my-issue-is-not-covered-in-this-faq-what-next/
    and click ‘Contact Support’.
    That way they can more quickly and efficiently investigate each one’s case.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Can you guys that are having troubles please contact Toontrack Support directly by going to:

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

downloading on the East Coast, USA:
    Part 1 will take about 40 minutes to download. (screenshot)

SD3__Download.jpg

Participant

@Scott E said:

SD3__Download.jpg  

How nice for you, Scott. Meanwhile, many of us are being fed 100 kB/S scraps.

Aurotonal
    Participant

@Scott E said:

SD3__Download.jpg  

Why even post that? We know it’s working for some, no need to salt the wound.

I’ve provided everything asked of my situation, looks like I’ll need to wait another day as Support appears to be Northern Hemisphere only. Looking fondly at my ancient DFH boxes full of discs. Value for money.

PAUL
    Participant

In Arizona and have been downloading for 5 days at 23kbps………fucking insane toonfuck!I am at 190gb.Maybe another week or 2 I might be done.I am on Cox internet@79mbps.I am done with toonfuck after this fiasco!!!

PAUL
    Participant

@Glenn Richards Richards said:

Why even post that? We know it’s working for some, no need to salt the wound.

I’ve provided everything asked of my situation, looks like I’ll need to wait another day as Support appears to be Northern Hemisphere only. Looking fondly at my ancient DFH boxes full of discs. Value for money.  

Yes…….oh how I miss the discs!!!!!!FUCK YOU TOONFUCK!

PAUL
    Participant

@KEN1 said:
    In Arizona and have been downloading for 5 days at 23kbps OR (WAY)LESS………fucking insane toonfuck!I am at 190gb.Maybe another week or 2 I might be done.I am on Cox internet@79mbps.I am done with toonfuck after this fiasco!!!  

Toontrack…….do you fucksticks even have a clue on what you are doing??????Hmmmmm??????????You do have great shit excuses though.

Mika Lönnström
    Participant

@John said:

BR,
    John  

Message sent to support.

Participant

Miroslav
    Participant

I have to agree…their decision to stop offering boxed versions of these very large programs and sample libraries is totally LAME!!!
    Toontrack took the cheap way out….so once you pay for a product…you the customer are now stuck with trying to download it.

People spending days to download things in chunks, one module at a time, spending hours and hours per attempt…
    …it would have been faster to ship out boxed versions.

PAUL
    Participant

@KEN1 said:

Toontrack…….do you fucksticks even have a clue on what you are doing??????Hmmmmm??????????You do have great shit excuses though.  

They do not at all!!!Well after work today after nearly a week my SD3 library was finished downloading.Will install later this weekend but one thing I found also is I spent 3 hrs building drum tracks in the standalone and saved to desktop.Opened an hr later and the saved session went completely to default……..no midi,drum kit,etc!I lost everything.So I suggest atleast export your midi……if not once you save you will lose it all!You have been warned.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.