Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Triggering SD3 with Roland TD-25 – volume too low….can’t get volume high enough to be usable

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@juicy said:

Yeah it should be way higher 127 to be exact, did you try adjust the Trig Sens on the pad in the module, Its just a tweak away, and sometimes needed.
    Don’t expect that the Roland will convey the same velocity to an outside engine as it does with its own. Set some velocities up to 12-18 to get some oomph.  

Yes, exactly. To get suitable MIDI from the brain of our Roland TD-30, we had to make adjustments in its setup,
    from either/both the Roland pads or from Roland Triggers sent from our DW acoustic kit.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Derek Schaaf wrote:

>No response yet …

And I repeat myself:

This is our open E-drum workshop forum where you discuss making
    your own drum pads and tweaking drum modules. Which might be
    fine for your posts. But if you expect support for SD3 you should post
    in the SD3 support forum:

https://www.toontrack.com/forum/superior-drummer-3-help/

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Lukas Grumet
    Participant

hi again. at least for TD-30 (and most likely all Roland modules that have an USB port, i.E the TD-50) owners there seems to be an easy fix for the volume problem:
    I’ve posted this in the latency thread as well because it also fixed my latency issue I had:

Try connecting your Sound Module to your Computer via the USB port. (directly, not via an external interface). Fire up SD3, Open the Audio Midi settings. Select the TD30 as your midi device (make sure you’ve enabled midi usb in your TD30 module settings), AND select the TD30 as your audio (ASIO) device.
    there you go. I get crystal clear, super loud sound with this method. (your headphones need to go into your TD-30 module jack of course)
    btw the td30 also comes with a nifty ASIO driver with some settings to play with. just hit the ASIO button under audio device in SD3.

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@Lukas Grumet said:
    Try connecting your Sound Module to your Computer via the USB port. (directly, not via an external interface).
    Fire up SD3, Open the Audio Midi settings.
    Select the TD30 as your midi device (make sure you’ve enabled midi usb in your TD30 module settings),
    AND select the TD30 as your audio (ASIO) device.

How were you connecting the TD-30 module to control SD3 previously?

Lukas Grumet
    Participant

@Scott E said:

@Lukas Grumet said:
    Try connecting your Sound Module to your Computer via the USB port. (directly, not via an external interface).
    Fire up SD3, Open the Audio Midi settings.
    Select the TD30 as your midi device (make sure you’ve enabled midi usb in your TD30 module settings),
    AND select the TD30 as your audio (ASIO) device.

How were you connecting the TD-30 module to control SD3 previously?  

5 Pin Midi into Scarlett Focusrite. Scarlett Focus rite into Laptop. Headphones in Scarlett Jack.

David Mackey
    Participant

Guys it sounds like you are routing sd3 to TD50 over usb audio.. is that right? I did it this way and all kits were way too low until I boosted the usb audio gain in setup l midi page l usb tab. I mapped it to the song pot and can now easily boost the sd3 output on my headphones. Have you tried that?

Derek Schaaf
    Participant

@Lukas Grumet said:
    hi again. at least for TD-30 (and most likely all Roland modules that have an USB port, i.E the TD-50) owners there seems to be an easy fix for the volume problem:
    I’ve posted this in the latency thread as well because it also fixed my latency issue I had:

Try connecting your Sound Module to your Computer via the USB port. (directly, not via an external interface). Fire up SD3, Open the Audio Midi settings. Select the TD30 as your midi device (make sure you’ve enabled midi usb in your TD30 module settings), AND select the TD30 as your audio (ASIO) device.
    there you go. I get crystal clear, super loud sound with this method. (your headphones need to go into your TD-30 module jack of course)
    btw the td30 also comes with a nifty ASIO driver with some settings to play with. just hit the ASIO button under audio device in SD3.  

Thanks for the info! What about on a MacBook Pro? Is there an ASIO driver option in the Mac OS… I was under the understanding that there wasn’t.

Thanks,
    D

rrosin
    Participant

@Lukas Grumet said:

I just did some tests with the Roland ASIO drivers and compared it to ASIA4ALL using WASAPI. With the Roland ASIO drivers the latency increases by 6 ms. I wouldn’t call this “nifty”.

Regards Reiner

David Mackey
    Participant

@Derek Schaaf said:

Thanks for the info! What about on a MacBook Pro? Is there an ASIO driver option in the Mac OS… I was under the understanding that there wasn’t.

Thanks,
    D  

You don’t need a special Asio driver on a Mac book pro. Or on any Mac. On your Mac search for the midi setup app. This will allow you to configure connected midi input and output devices

Derek Schaaf
    Participant

@Peertwelve said:

You don’t need a special Asio driver on a Mac book pro. Or on any Mac. On your Mac search for the midi setup app. This will allow you to configure connected midi input and output devices  

Thanks!

Derek Schaaf
    Participant

@Peertwelve said:

Hi, does this work with the TD 25 as well… Do you know? I have tried every possible combination that I can think of and I cannot get the sound to be routed through the TD 25 module when connected via USB to my MacBook Pro. The sound for only come out the MacBook Pro and not through the audio output of the TD25 itself. I saw in an earlier post it suggested to monitor SD3 through the drum module unit, in that case the TD 30.

Maybe the TD 25 is not capable of this but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
    Derek

David Mackey
    Participant

@Derek Schaaf said:

Hi, does this work with the TD 25 as well… Do you know? I have tried every possible combination that I can think of and I cannot get the sound to be routed through the TD 25 module when connected via USB to my MacBook Pro. The sound for only come out the MacBook Pro and not through the audio output of the TD25 itself. I saw in an earlier post it suggested to monitor SD3 through the drum module unit, in that case the TD 30.

Maybe the TD 25 is not capable of this but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
    Derek  

Hi Derek. Sorry I don’t have a td25 so I don’t know if it works. If td25 supports usb audio then it should. Have you confirmed that you have td25 configured for midi output ? On your MacBook Pro go to System preferences / sounds / output / select td25. Do the same for the input

Derek Schaaf
    Participant

@Peertwelve said:

Hi Derek. Sorry I don’t have a td25 so I don’t know if it works. If td25 supports usb audio then it should. Have you confirmed that you have td25 configured for midi output ? On your MacBook Pro go to System preferences / sounds / output / select td25. Do the same for the input  

Hi, thanks for your response. I just tested my MacBook Pro connected to the TD 25 via USB [which is the method I normally use] and went into the sound settings within the settings application within the MacBook. The TD 25 does not show up at all as an option to select for either input or output… it just shows the normal system option. I know when I have other devices what you’re referring to as they will show up as a connected device to use for input-output. I have tested this with of the driver options within the TD 25 itself, the first being the vendor or Roland driver and the second being the generic driver and neither show up.

Thanks,
    Derek

rrosin
    Participant

@Derek Schaaf said:

Hi, thanks for your response. I just tested my MacBook Pro connected to the TD 25 via USB [which is the method I normally use] and went into the sound settings within the settings application within the MacBook. The TD 25 does not show up at all as an option to select for either input or output… it just shows the normal system option. I know when I have other devices what you’re referring to as they will show up as a connected device to use for input-output. I have tested this with of the driver options within the TD 25 itself, the first being the vendor or Roland driver and the second being the generic driver and neither show up.

Thanks,
    Derek  

Did you install the driver from the Roland support site? The TD25 has audio in and out via USB. MIDI may work with the generic MIDI driver, but USB audio needs the Roland driver.

Regards Reiner

Derek Schaaf
    Participant

@rrosin said:

Did you install the driver from the Roland support site? The TD25 has audio in and out via USB. MIDI may work with the generic MIDI driver, but USB audio needs the Roland driver.

Regards Reiner  

Hi Reiner,

Thanks for your response. Yes I did download and install the Roland driver from their support site. For whatever reason my MacBook still does not see it as the input output audio device… Which is kind of strange.

Thanks,
    Derek

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.