SD 3 and hi hat

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 13 replies - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • MintberryCrunch
    Participant

I provide FIXES for this issue (i.e. for the use of Roland modules): you can toggle the engines even while playing and have the Pedal Splash option left. No authentical Pedal Splashes from the Toontrack Engine possible with the eDRUMin “CC only with Hit” activated. 😉

Superior Drummer 3 – Hihat Engine FIX: https://www.facebook.com/groups/579177292995927/permalink/780855446161443/
    +
    https://youtu.be/pcrOeqpg9vQ (vid)

EZ Drummer 2 – Hihat Engine FIX: https://www.facebook.com/groups/579177292995927/permalink/678304696416519/
    +
    https://youtu.be/eMOWMzdoaew (vid)

B Sandy
    Participant

That looks great. So what’s the fix?

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

That looks great. So what’s the fix?

Please get in touch on FB. Thanks.

stianskog
    Participant

I also wondering how you did the fix. I’m not sure which mintberry crunch profile to PM on Facebook though..

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

I also wondering how you did the fix. I’m not sure which mintberry crunch profile to PM on Facebook though..

==>  The Software Drumming Forum – tips & tricks + discussing drum samplers

🙂

Jorg
    Participant

SD3 3.2.5 is out and has some new settings for the hihat opennes transitions as well as a splash sensitivity settng, please tell me the hihat now works…

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

You’ll still need the transition fix in order to get rid of ringing on fast pedal stepping (the new “splash sensitivity” setting cannot fix it) and maintain the option of being able to play Pedal Splashes. 🙂

BlueMistral
    Participant

“the new “splash sensitivity” setting cannot fix it”

Well it fixed it for me, using a VH-14D and a TD-50, I reduced it to 10% and I can get clean pedal closed notes

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

Well it fixed it for me, using a VH-14D and a TD-50, I reduced it to 10% and I can get clean pedal closed notes

Well, it depends on the speed of stepping. No chance on fast stepping 😉

keith andrew
    Participant

Any changes with the transitions between the HH openings? I still am amazed they haven’t perfected that yet.

BlueMistral
    Participant

Well, it depends on the speed of stepping. No chance on fast stepping 😉

true but it’s not as distracting as before the update, specially when playing other drums, if you only play hihat only then you will hear it of course…

Jorg
    Participant

I own now a Yamaha DTX-Pro and I think I have discovered something: if the module sends a specific splash note then turning off the splash sensitivity setting and using the Edrum optimized option in SD3 gives you completely clean chicks and splashes, the Yamaha DTX-Pro sends note 23 for splashes, the roland modules, 2box, atv, ef note don’t send a splash note but it is based on time after a pedal closed note 44. I think the mimic pro sends a separate splash note as well. That’s why the splashes on many VST’s don’t play well with all roland modules, I tried on SSD5, forget it, no splashes at all. So the only modules I know will play well with SD3 hihat are right now the Yamaha DTX-Pro (X) and the Mimic Pro.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

I own now a Yamaha DTX-Pro and I think I have discovered something: if the module sends a specific splash note then turning off the splash sensitivity setting and using the Edrum optimized option in SD3 gives you completely clean chicks and splashes, the Yamaha DTX-Pro sends note 23 for splashes, the roland modules, 2box, atv, ef note don’t send a splash note but it is based on time after a pedal closed note 44. I think the mimic pro sends a separate splash note as well. That’s why the splashes on many VST’s don’t play well with all roland modules, I tried on SSD5, forget it, no splashes at all. So the only modules I know will play well with SD3 hihat are right now the Yamaha DTX-Pro (X) and the Mimic Pro.

Can’t agree on that because a fixed velocity Pedal Splash note (triggering always the same fixed velocity Splashes samples) have nothing in common with the dynamically and musically reacting SD3 Hihat Splash engine. The SD3 engine is really absolutely superior and made for high demands on realism. 😉

Viewing 13 replies - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.