Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

SD 3 and hi hat

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • DutchDoctor
    Participant

This video from the developer of the edrumin midi to trigger device shows what the hihat issue is for many edrummers, his device works wonders and I absolutely recommend it.

https://youtu.be/EnnAscbn9gU?t=382

Now I’ve got my brain thinking about how on earth I can program/emulate this method inside Reaper using software alone.

I reckon there’s gotta be a way to do it using MIDI plugins.

Jorg
    Participant

This shouldn’t be too hard for toontrack to implement, a simple switch to toggle hihat transmuting on or off, for producers and recorders this isn’t a great deal but for edrummers is really essential, that’s why I sold my roland module and now I’m using exclusively the edrumin.

keith andrew
    Participant

Jorg – You can use the edrumin module instead of the roland one? I thought it was just an addition.

Jorg
    Participant

Jorg – You can use the edrumin module instead of the roland one? I thought it was just an addition.

The edrumin is a fully functional standalone midi to trigger interface, it’s like a module but without sounds and buttons, you don’t need a module anymore, there’s is 2 versions, the edrumin10 with 10 inputs and the edrumin4 with four. Ditch your roland and go edrumin, audio interface  and computer with SD3 all the way!

• This post was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Jorg.
    Jorg
    Participant

Here is a video showing SD3 triggered by the edrumin in action with positional sensing, hihat without artifacts and more…

gearnerd
    Participant

The triggering seems really acurate, good to know these modules exists  (a lot cheaper than using Roland kit)

Jorg
    Participant

SD3 3.2.4 is out, any improvements on this front? or everything stays the same? A TD-27 e-drum preset has been added.

keith andrew
    Participant

Trying to figure out how to do the upgrade. Can’t figure it out. Any suggestions?

BlueMistral
    Participant

Trying to figure out how to do the upgrade. Can’t figure it out. Any suggestions?

Upgrade what?

keith andrew
    Participant

Upgrade to the latest version of SD3 but I finally figured it out.

stianskog
    Participant

any discoveries on the HH-issue with the updated version, Keith?

keith andrew
    Participant

No It’s the same. Still don’t get why they don’t make this a focus when it is an issue for so many people.

Jorg
    Participant

No It’s the same. Still don’t get why they don’t make this a focus when it is an issue for so many people.

that’s sad, I’m sure toontrack is reducing this to user inexperience and not midi transmutation issue

Jorg
    Participant

Someone can copy paste what is being latest said on the topic I created for this on the sd3 subforum? I don’t own it anymore so I can’t read the posts…

Jorg
    Participant

Any update on this front? TOONTRACK, HOW HARD IS TO IMPLEMENT A “SEND CC VALUES ONLY WHEN HIHAT HIT” TOOGLE!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.