EZXClassic is comming soon ?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

No.Not buying 16 bit sample libraries anymore.its not a whinge ,i still do have all TT,s stuff except this and the the repacked Nashville (cleverly name changed ??) and whatever the latest greatest HeavyMetal ezx ,I’m a customer and a pro user and i’m just finding the direction confusing.
    The whinge was about No Xgrade at all even if we are happy to give up out EZ X for the reworked SDX of same samples,i know there is more work ,more midi…. but just a head nod or thanks your a supporter would seem not to much,but im not arguing here ,i dont care now,just trying to clear up ,as you kinda generalised above.

My clients do ask if i’m using 24 or i6 bit samples,im not gonna lie,logic is recording 24 bit too,and now i’m running 48k
    Why would i want 16 bit ? if i dont have too,
    Im sure its a nice library and the sounds you recorded and what you heard on the day must have been excellent.

Not saying the old cd’s are bad
    but 44.1 & 16 bit is Classic .

Whitten
    Participant

I’m personally running Logic at 96k, 24 bit.

Just saying……EZdrummer and the expansions are used by pros (some I know personally).
    So it’s not factually correct to say Toontrack aren’t offering anything ‘fresh’ for ‘pros’ until ‘deep in 2011’.

That’s all.
    I do take your personal preferences as perfectly valid.

gigazaga
    Participant

I did another video that demos all of the 4-mic kits. It should help you get a good feel for how these kits sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuZP9UDASHI

I hope you enjoy it!
    -Bill

Author of www.Groove3.com training videos: Studio One Explained, Studio One Advanced, Ozone Explained. Creator of www.LilacWriter.com songwriting collaboration website.

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

I’m personally running Logic at 96k, 24 bit.

Just saying……EZdrummer and the expansions are used by pros (some I know personally).
    So it’s not factually correct to say Toontrack aren’t offering anything ‘fresh’ for ‘pros’ until ‘deep in 2011’.

That’s all.
    I do take your personal preferences as perfectly valid.

It gets a bit hollow to keep going on about how pros use EZ drummer…when there is a Superior engine from the same company that is far superior.
    Reality is that Toontrack has gone more towards the toy marked since the invention of the EZ line…and no doubt that it is far more profitable for them and you.
    But please don’t try to patronize us…there are some very competent users out there who utilize the S2.0 engine and packs to the fullest, and no EZ pack is going to appeal to us whatever you say.
    The bit rate is not the most important…the number of samples and bleeds is.

Take it more as a compliment that power users really would like to have your pack in its full resolution.

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Oli P
    It gets a bit hollow to keep going on about how pros use EZ drummer…

It’s just a simple fact, but hey facts are unimportant right?

Reality is that Toontrack has gone more towards the toy marked since the invention of the EZ line…and no doubt that it is far more profitable for them and you.

‘Toy’ is a very over the top description. Many pros are using EZdrummer and it’s expansions. If you want to call it a toy you can, but again…. facts?
    You haven’t seen my contract and as such you can’t comment on what’s ‘profitable’ for me. I’d be happy for The Classic to appear as a Superior SDX, but that isn’t my decision to make. In the meantime, I’ve read countless posts on various forums about the high price of Superior, BFD and similar. So I’m very happy to offer something reasonably priced to all those people. Something that’s as good as we can make it, and not an after thought in the process of releasing an SDX.

Take it more as a compliment that power users really would like to have your pack in its full resolution.

Yes, I’m happy about that. It isn’t in my domain to make those kind of decisions.
    In the meantime, I regularly read complaints that Toontrack repackage sessions between EZdrummer and Superior rather than release new material.
    So here’s brand new material (my first for 6 years) that was specifically designed for the many EZdrummer users, and packs as many kit pieces and articulations into the product as is technically possible.
    That’s really the story right there.

Scott

But please don’t try to patronize us…there are some very competent users out there who utilize the S2.0 engine and packs to the fullest, and no EZ pack is going to appeal to us whatever you say.

I don’t think Chris was patronizing ‘us’ (well, you personally can feel patronized I guess). He’s just stating that there are some pro users out there that use EZXs. Do all pros use them? No. Do you have to? No. People work in so many different ways. Some users (both competent and incompetent alike) use EZXs inside the S2 engine for added flexibility.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

Maybe there’s need for a debate about EZdrummer as a 16bit or 24bit platform?
    For me, having a relatively inexpensive drum software solution in Toontrack’s product line-up is a complete no brainer.
    I love the fact it’s compatible with Superior too and use some EZX’s within Superior all the time.

You’re kind of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    You can release something like The Classic in SDX and EZX packages at the same time and have people claim you’re doubling your income with the same recordings, or you can make some SDX’s and EZX’s as stand alone products, seemingly upsetting which ever user feels left out.

Juicy
    Participant

In reply to EZ being used by pros >
    That was more true a few years back but i don’t think you could actually prove it today as easily as just saying it.
    Why on earth imply that SD2 is lacking and could be improved by using its less “superior” EZY product.,

“Do all pros use them? No. Do you have to? No.”
    way to go communication with customers .

We invested in the big boys product and we want to see some “fresh” and Hi end product improvement,
    perhaps without the need for arguing,that would be “fresh”.
    It appears to be to much of an ask at this point.

I wish Chris and TT all the luck with Classic but also wish somehow released on both platforms from day 1,that would have been “big news”.
    The releases are very much planned its no hit or miss scenario ,the biggest market is EZ( as stated by you guys).
    The latest sounds i just bought were from
    TruthDrums.com.These “are” new sounds (not only as the Black beauty Snare is the Fattest ive heard so far) “new” drums .
    I wish to see SD2 truly move forward soon.

Juicy
    Participant

or you can make some SDX’s and EZX’s as stand alone products, seemingly upsetting which ever user feels left out.

No Brainer too,let the 24 bit samples shine as you recorded them released in mega SD2 mode first and then release the
    processed EZ mix/cutdown.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: juicy

In reply to EZ being used by pros >
    That was more true a few years back but i don’t think you could actually prove it today as easily as just saying it.

You have no proof of that.
    I just did a tour in Australia with one of the country’s top studio guitarists, and a keyboard player who’s an up and coming pro and was working at the time programming all the backing music for Australian Idol (mega tv ratings).
    Both asked me about EZdrummer and never mentioned Superior.
    They work to fast deadlines, and don’t want to add levels of new technical skills just to put together a professionally acceptable drum track.
    The ease, speed and quality of EZdrummer (and EZX’s) appealed to them both. And quite honestly the price.
    I was surprised I admit. I thought they would be all over Superior. But as drumming isn’t their domain, they just wanted realistic, quality drum tracks that were quick to realise.

Why on earth imply that SD2 is lacking and could be improved by using its less “superior” EZY product.

Who’s implying anything.
    EZdrummer and it’s expansions is a legitimate tool. It’s the most popular Toontrack product so why not service those customers with good quality, fresh sounds from time to time.
    I take it neither you or Oli P own ‘EZX: The CLassic’, so it’s getting kind of ridiculous you guys slamming it on the basis of quality when you have absolutely no idea how great (or bad) it actually sounds!

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

I don’t think either of us are slamming it at all…on the contrary we just wish we could have the full version.
    We all know what the EZ standard offers in terms of bleed and sample pool, and we’d just love to have it in the SDX format.

Don’t take it as a hostile attack on your product.

Yes there are pro guys who are not all about drums, and just want it to be as easy as possible to get a tolerable result.
    But Toontrack used the be all about excellence and aim at the best possible and realistic result.
    I don’t buy into the argument that the lowest denominator should be the standard…and I know you don’t do either

I can understand the argument that Toontrack needs to make money…thus making it a political decision.

I love the S2.0 platform, and I have been on board since they started with the S1. I just wish they would release more products at a high price and full quality…I’m happy to pay for that.

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

You’re kind of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    You can release something like The Classic in SDX and EZX packages at the same time and have people claim you’re doubling your income with the same recordings, or you can make some SDX’s and EZX’s as stand alone products, seemingly upsetting which ever user feels left out.

I really can’t see why anyone should claim that you are doubling your income by releasing both formats at once…it would just let people choose which product they wanted…and pay accordingly.
    But by releasing only a EZ version now…and then later releasing a full version would justify more to accuse anyone of doubling their income…if the product released later makes the original EZ buyers feel they need to get the full version.
    That was certainly the case with the Nashville kit…but I never bought the EZ version and did not find it satisfying. But I do love the SDX version that I have now.

Juicy
    Participant

They asked about but already use it ,is that right. ?

Idol is being run on an Oily rag these days .Believe me the crew and staff budgets slashed,
    funny you mention this,all my friends were in the original band when they could afford two guitar players.

You can load up SD2 and it rocks right from the box we all know that too just like an Ez will load up.within SD2 No fuss,
    It’s a budget driven world as we all know so why buy an EZx and a SDx of the same anymore like in the past.
    Thats is our simple point.
    Should we ditch SD2 in favour these amazing 16 bit wonders now ,No ?

Nobody Slammed your new baby.Quite to the contrary i like the idea,the Helios sound ,Could buy it but for all i know it will turn up as a SDX and
    i,m once again here with a soon to be unused ezx, or is that why they wait a year so they can say you got good use out of it,now pay up or shut up,but who knows,because “we never comment on upcoming releases” .

Juicy
    Participant

I don’t think either of us are slamming it at all…on the contrary we just wish we could have the full version.
    We all know what the EZ standard offers in terms of bleed and sample pool, and we’d just love to have it in the SDX format.

Don’t take it as a hostile attack on your product.

Yes there are pro guys who are not all about drums, and just want it to be as easy as possible to get a tolerable result.
    But Toontrack used the be all about excellence and aim at the best possible and realistic result.
    I don’t buy into the argument that the lowest denominator should be the standard…and I know you don’t do either

I can understand the argument that Toontrack needs to make money…thus making it a political decision.

I love the S2.0 platform, and I have been on board since they started with the S1. I just wish they would release more products at a high price and full quality…I’m happy to pay for that.

Perfectly stated , Me too.
    You make the point clearly minus being caught up in the mud here.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: juicy
    They asked about but already use it ,is that right. ?

No, they were looking for software drums to buy.

Idol is being run on an Oily rag these days .Believe me the crew and staff budgets slashed,
    funny you mention this,all my friends were in the original band when they could afford two guitar players.

Australian Idol?

Should we ditch SD2 in favour these amazing 16 bit wonders now ,No ?

I’m happy you would have bought an SDX version.
    No one would be happier to continue the project and release it as an SDX than me.
    It is what it is for now.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.