EZXClassic is comming soon ?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Scott

ORIGINAL: Jan Erik Ernst
    Then why did superior come with 24 bit.

I think the question you should be asking is ‘why is EZdrummer 16-bit?’ The reason is; library size. You get much smaller library footprint with a 16-bit product than with a 24-bit product. The target audience for the EZdrummer line is for songwriters and musicians and not so much the ‘tweaker’ audio engineers/producers. That target audience may very well be using a mobile rig like a laptop with a singe internal hard drive. 16-bit libraries keep size down. Now, those with 5TB of external hard drives may not care about library size and would be happy with 24-bit sample libraries (hell, why not 32-bit ). But that’s why there are 2 product lines in the first place.

In the end it comes down to the sound of the product and certainly not what word length the product is. In the end, it all should come down to ‘SOUND’.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jan Erik
    Participant

I just think it´s sad that you don´t have the classic as a 24 bit. I have the nashville and vintage rock and when I compare them to the C&V both through superior it´s a huge difference. I think the vintage rock was also made by whitten?. If the new classic set sound like the vintage rock set ( they are all 16 bit ) then I don´t want to use money on it. Should be able to download a trail before buying.

Whitten
    Participant

I think the differences between EZ and SD have more to do with bleeds, flexibility etc….
    Fact is, EZdrummer packs have ended up on records.

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: gigazaga
    Do you have any words of wisdom or best practices for that?

‘Fraid not Bill.
    I’ve hardly used this EZX myself yet – – been busy programming the midi and making videos etc….
    Also, I’m not the sound recording expert.
    I’ll ask Peter for you.

gigazaga
    Participant

Okay, great!

I am really enjoying this “The Classic” after one day. I want to spend a bit more time getting familiar with the Nobel and Cooley kit. I also haven’t gotten past the 4-mic setup. I really love that feature.

Author of www.Groove3.com training videos: Studio One Explained, Studio One Advanced, Ozone Explained. Creator of www.LilacWriter.com songwriting collaboration website.

Whitten
    Participant

‘Four Mic’ is a bit of a favourite. It’s so simple and straight forward you can just get on and make music.

Whitten
    Participant

Peter said he set the default panning to where he thought it should be – – but you can do whatever sounds good to you.

gigazaga
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

Peter said he set the default panning to where he thought it should be – – but you can do whatever sounds good to you.

Okay. Great! Thanks for asking.

Author of www.Groove3.com training videos: Studio One Explained, Studio One Advanced, Ozone Explained. Creator of www.LilacWriter.com songwriting collaboration website.

Whitten
    Participant

BTW, I tried your thing of moving the snare side mic in a bit and it does sound good.

Jan Erik
    Participant

I really got Scott going. I really hope that after this we will never see the classic in 24 bit for superior. Well it still seem funny that you spend all that time to record in 16 bit. Is it not possible to record in 24 bit and downsample to 16 bit. Then you have one small for the Little MacBook and one big for the Mac pro. Well right now I use Abbey Road Modern Drums. This is a great sounding set.

John

FYI, all recording Sessions are always in 24-bit.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant
    Jan Erik
    Participant

That is great. Forgive me. I m only an grompy old man.

Juicy
    Participant

Yeah heaps of Cd’s sound like shit too,according to their mastering engineers not me,
    do you.the consumer, have a right to be concerned about buying 16 bit in 2011.
    Especially when it is also recorded 24 bit ? No ?
    Do not dare say it !

So like i predicted , the next “new” SD2 is getting close to mid year 2011
    Lets hope it is this and not Jazz Recycled.

Whitten
    Participant

You actually predicted ‘deep into 2011’ for ‘pro users’.
    To which I would repeat, pro’s are using EZX’s.
    At the time (November) you also joined in the collective whinge that EZX’s are repackaged SDX’s or vise versa. Saying you wanted something fresh.
    Well here’s some fresh sounds that aren’t an SDX teaser, or repackaged in any way.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.