Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZXClassic is comming soon ?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Mark Williams
    Participant

I think we’ll be hearing something official about it very soon.

MBP 2.4 GHz | 4GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 Logic Pro 9.1.5 | Metric Halo LIO-8/4P | Apogee ONE SD 2.3.0 | EZP 1.1.0 | Drumtracker 1.0.2

Christian Mayr
    Participant

Oh, really nice, now it’s suspenseful !

Martin

Out now! https://www.toontrack.com/product/product/the-classic-ezx/

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Jan Erik
    Participant

Is it in 24 bit??

Scott

ORIGINAL: Jan Erik Ernst

Is it in 24 bit??

Like all EZX expansion packs, the Classic EZX is 16-bit.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jan Erik
    Participant

I´m sure you have recorded in 24 bit. When will we see the same classic for Superior 2

Scott

Toontrack never comments on future releases so I can’t comment. Plus, I have no idea… 

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Ben
    Participant

This is the library I’ve been waiting for. This is what I was hoping Custom & Vintage (still great) would be. This is what I was hoping Abbey Road 70’s Drums (still great) would be. This is the one. This has the sound. This has the articulations. Thank you, Toontrack!!!

Jan Erik
    Participant

But still only in 16 bit. Unbelivible that they do this when they mean that 16 bit is not good enough for pro use?

Martin

I think one would need to have a very good ear to tell the difference between 16 and 24 bit when it comes to these samples. I for sure can’t.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Whitten
    Participant

when they mean that 16 bit is not good enough for pro use?

A lot of ‘pros’ are using EZdrummer.

Jan Erik
    Participant

Then why did superior come with 24 bit. Maybe classic is not good enough to be a superior set. :-))

gigazaga
    Participant

The Classic EZX sounds fantastic. I did this YouTube video yesterday right after I got it. Some of this is Studio One specific but it does give you an idea of the sound of the 4-mic setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0MyM3DyOKY

Author of www.Groove3.com training videos: Studio One Explained, Studio One Advanced, Ozone Explained. Creator of www.LilacWriter.com songwriting collaboration website.

gigazaga
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten
    A lot of ‘pros’ are using EZdrummer.

Chris,

Do you have any recommendations for setting the panning for the OH mics in the 4-mic setup. In the video I was setting the direct OH mic panning to about 50% and hard panning the one by the floor tom. Do you have any words of wisdom or best practices for that?

Great job on this EXZ!

Bill

Author of www.Groove3.com training videos: Studio One Explained, Studio One Advanced, Ozone Explained. Creator of www.LilacWriter.com songwriting collaboration website.

Scott

But still only in 16 bit. Unbelivible that they do this when they mean that 16 bit is not good enough for pro use?

Since the EZdrummer line of products (EZdrummer sampler plus EZX expansion libraries) are 16-bit, it would stand to reason that the Classic EZX would be released in 16-bit. That is the format for the EZdrummer line.

I don’t understand this:

‘Unbelivible that they do this when they mean that 16 bit is not good enough for pro use?’

Where is it stated that 16-bit isn’t ‘good enough’ for pro use? If I follow that line of reasoning, you are saying that any commercial released CD for that past 30+ years isn’t ‘good enough’? Albums that were recorded at 24-bit or to analog tape and then dithered to 16-bit in the final mastering process isn’t ‘good enough’? I find that thought process very suspect to say the least.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.