Custom and Vintage

Studio Corner
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

There are no rules.
    It’s up to you.
    I guess I would say the library is aimed at people who need drier (less roomy) drums for something.
    So you might explore all the close mic options before messing with ambience and comp-ambience.
    Using a room ambience from one of the other Toontrack libraries is a great option though.

One big thing to explore is all the bleed options.
    Enabling all bleeds and messing with them is one great way to achieve the true potential of the sounds in C&V.

jbraner
    Participant

Just to clrify what Chris said:

OH is not optional though – that’s where all the cymbals are

John Braner
    http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
    and all the major streaming/download sites.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Reaper 7 x64 (latest version), Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 3950x, 32GB RAM, MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi mobo (not using wifi though), NVIDIA GEForce GT710 video card, MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface

Whitten
    Participant

Yep.

Ambience (mono or comp) is optional.

drufix
    Participant

Thanks for input. I have tried to use ambience from other libraries, but I feel like I´m loosing the sound of the drums from C&V and that all drums then sound like it´s from those lib. I´v imported (ambience). I´ll try to check it out once more.

Whitten
    Participant

I guess it’s about keeping the levels of the close mics high.
    C&V is about drier, multi-miced drums, where ambience should be the icing on the cake, not the main meal.
    Have you enabled all the bleeds?

drufix
    Participant

I have all bleed on. This is strange, I solo the OH and all the toms are on one side, symbals are in right places. I checked all sets out and it seems to only be the Gretsch set. Must be a bug. That was the set I was using so that was not so good. Can I have messed it up somehow??

drufix
    Participant

I also think the AMB are wrong. Onlu the Gretsch set.

Whitten
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a bug.
    Help….someone?

Mark Farrell
    Participant

I see what he means, it does sound a little off, Racktom 1 in OH sounds central, racktom 2,3,4 sound far right. mr whitten, how were the overheads on the gretsch can you remember? I might have to look at some of the pictures of the session. This may sound stupid but was it setup like a four piece but with 3 floor toms? thats how it sounds in the overheads. Interesting.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.