Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

where can i download the cubase drum maps?

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Dennis
    Participant

Scott Sibley,
    I’ve searched the Cubase manual and can’t find any way to import the code from what Jim posted into Cubase to create the DRM file. Not even sure how to properly extract the code from Jim’s site. Any specific help would be appreciated.

Dennis

Scott

@Dennis said:

Scott Sibley,
    I’ve searched the Cubase manual and can’t find any way to import the code from what Jim posted into Cubase to create the DRM file. Not even sure how to properly extract the code from Jim’s site. Any specific help would be appreciated.

Dennis

I’m not sure where you’re having trouble. You download the .drm files and load the in the Drum Map menu like in the video.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jim Benton
    Participant

For those having trouble downloading the DRM files from the Github site I posted a link to, look for the “Download ZIP’ button on the site, or just click here to get the latest version:

https://github.com/jim/cubase_drum_maps_for_toontrack/archive/master.zip

The DRM files will be in the drum_maps directory.

Dennis
    Participant

@Jim B. said:

For those having trouble downloading the DRM files from the Github site I posted a link to, look for the “Download ZIP’ button on the site, or just click here to get the latest version:

https://github.com/jim/cubase_drum_maps_for_toontrack/archive/master.zip

The DRM files will be in the drum_maps directory.

That was it!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much

Dennis

Adrian Barrett
    Participant

@Jim B. said:

I created DRM files from the data in Greg’s post using a script. You can get them here: https://github.com/jim/cubase_drum_maps_for_toontrack/tree/master/drum_maps

I have only tested the Avatar one, but it seems to work fine. I haven’t taken out the duplicates or done any other cleanup, but at least the names are all there.

Thanks belatedly for doing this Jim, works perfectly for me. Much appreciated. I went on a little drm hunt and came to your post. I needed them all and it saved me quite a lot of time. Weird Toontrack don’t provide them. Don’t understand why. Laugh

XERIX M
    Participant

I have the .drm file but wont let me upload here (only .dmp), shoot me a message if u need the map I have it saved on my desktop

The Map is for:
    Cubase 8.5 – Metal Foundry w/ Andy Sneap Preset — Full Kit

John

xerix: You should be able to upload it if you ZIP it first.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

Hi – Just checking in, bought EZDrummer 2 this weekend and was wondering – has Toontrack released a Cubase map since the last post in this thread 5 or 6 months ago?

If not, and Jim B.’s very kind work in providing drum maps is the best “unofficial” thing – how does that work? Should I just cut and paste it into a Wordpad document on my desktop, and then load into Cubase as described in the manual?

Thanks –

Scott

There are links to user created drum maps for Cubase further up in this thread.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

@Scott said:
    There are links to user created drum maps for Cubase further up in this thread.  

Thanks Scott, yes I read the thread. 🙂

The question I asked in my post about how to use those links was:

“If … Jim B.’s very kind work in providing drum maps is the best “unofficial” thing – how does that work? Should I just cut and paste it into a Wordpad document on my desktop, and then load into Cubase as described in the manual?”

Thanks –

Scott

Sorry, you must have edited your post to add that last part. It wasn’t there when I started my reply.

.drm files are drum map files that can be loaded into Cubase.

When I clicked on the link, it took me to a page with a bunch of .drm files. They can then be browsed and loaded as described in the Cubase manual.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

alexis
    Participant

@Scott said:
    Sorry, you must have edited your post to add that last part. It wasn’t there when I started my reply.

.drm files are drum map files that can be loaded into Cubase.

When I clicked on the link, it took me to a page with a bunch of .drm files. They can then be browsed and loaded as described in the Cubase manual.  

Great, thanks much.

Sort of a conceptual question here: Having tried the Cubase Drum Map, I’ve realized it’s so much easier just to edit the Jamstix MIDI key out assignments to match what Nashville is expecting, and that’s how I wound up doing it.

Does anyone think I’m losing some great advantage by doing it that way instead of using the Cubase Drum Maps? I’d go back to them if I were, but otherwise, it’s a whole lot easier to just edit/resave the MIDI key out assignments in Jamstix.

Thanks for any thoughts!

djkaneki
    Participant

@greg said:
    I can’t find the downloads for all the cubase drum maps. I knew where they were in the old website….but can’t find them with the new & “improved” web site.

Thank you  

Recently i used this drum pack for my song. And pretty satisfied
    If you want you can try it.

https://www.lucidsamples.com/drum-samples-packs/74-drumtronic-download.html?search_query=drum&results=93

javipenya
    Participant

Sound on sound posted a map for sd2 years ago –

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb09/articles/cubasetechmedia.htm

Thanks a lot. It will be useful for me. I have SD3 but I think it os similar.

SClikes
    Participant

You can download Cubase drum maps from a variety of sources, including the Steinberg website and other online forums or communities. Here are the steps to download drum maps from the Steinberg website:

1. Go to the Steinberg website (steinberg dot net).
    2. Hover your mouse over the “Support” tab in the top menu and select “Downloads.”
    3. In the “Downloads” section, choose “Cubase” from the product list.
    4. Select your version of Cubase from the list and click “Show Downloads.”
    5. Look for the “Additional Content” section and expand it.
    6. Look for the “Drum Maps” section and download the drum maps that you need.
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.