Whats next?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • kurrykid
    Participant

I’m thinking something is happening as Guitar Center is clearing out their EZ Drummer this week end for $30. As you know, this is a common tactic before a new release is coming.

Dave

Martin

Go join the Toontrack group on Facebook…some news teasers there! Also make sure to stay tuned to the Toontrack blog, available from the front page of the site.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

It would be cool if someone could give a hint about what gets written on FB for those who don’t want to be a part of that community.

jgro002
    Participant

All I saw of interest was a Youtube video about ‘Metal Month’ (November) when apparently Toontrack will be releasing four products aimed at metal. The vid didn’t say anything other than that. The video was called something like ‘Toontrack metal month teasers’ if you want to look for it on Youtube…

Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Youtube is blocked here, but I’ll check it out later today. A metal month sounds interesting indeed. Hope it’s something else than MIDI packs…

I need more sounds, and more EZmix presets etc. More metal related S2.0 mixer presets would also be welcome.

Martin

I need more sounds, and more EZmix presets etc. More metal related S2.0 mixer presets would also be welcome.

I have a feeling you won’t be disappointed…

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Damn, the youtube teaser sounded and looked promising indeed. I just hope there is something for the old school death metal segment as well, not just “modern” metal with overly high pitched snares. Really looking forward to seeing what’s coming, though.

Djoule
    Participant

Hello !

I have a question : have you guys at Toontrack ever thought about SDX packs of splitted elements(not sure if it makes sense), like releasing A Hi-hat pack, a Cymbal pack (splashes, chinas, crashes or more exotic cymbals), percs or even better : an Octoban pack ?
    I think that would be great for us to be able to extend our SDX libraries with separate elements without needing to buy a whole new kit just to get more splashes or chinas, toms, etc…

Anyway, I hope this metal month will bring Octobans into Toontrack libraries! (because I really don’t want to buy BFD just to get them)

thanks for the reply

Julien

I agree with the above. More crashes would be sweet. All shiny parts of the kit, in fact. Cymbals, hihats, rides.

Martin
    Participant

Individual packs sounds like a great idea..

Robshi
    Participant

This has been asked for a few times before. One reason cited against the idea was that there are lots of different setups of channel combinations and also room mics etc. Obviously this is still an issue with x-drums and guys use them all the time but i guess the general ethos with superior is great drums recorded in great rooms and then using x drums to add bits here and there but if entire kits were made up of bits then you would lose the authenticity added by the rooms etc

One suggestion round this was to record lots of smaller packs all in the same room so then room is consistent for that range of mini sdx.

Rob

Spirit
    Participant

One suggestion round this was to record lots of smaller packs all in the same room so then room is consistent for that range of mini sdx.

+1

Modern Day Catastrophists

Martin
    Participant

Obviously this is still an issue with x-drums and guys use them all the time but i guess the general ethos with superior is great drums recorded in great rooms and then using x drums to add bits here and there but if entire kits were made up of bits then you would lose the authenticity added by the rooms etc

Yes, it might be an issue sometimes, but almost everyone use x-drums and in a mix I think very few would complain or spot that different rooms where in there.

I do understand the concept Toontrack want to offer, but if many customers want individual packs I guess it won’t hurt to try some. Fxpansion and XLN Audio offers individual packs and they are very much appreciated.

sam odell
    Participant

I predict a Metal Foundry 2, an EZ Mix ‘Metal’ edition, a Metal ‘Songwriters midi pack that could span multiple volumes, and possibly mixer presets for metal foundry 1 and/or 2 by some reputable Metal engineers.

I will buy them all!

http://www.youtube.com/user/samicide1/ http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759/

Martin
    Participant

ORIGINAL: b. sabbath

I predict a Metal Foundry 2, an EZ Mix ‘Metal’ edition, a Metal ‘Songwriters midi pack that could span multiple volumes, and possibly mixer presets for metal foundry 1 and/or 2 by some reputable Metal engineers.

I will buy them all!

Good for you
    I’m afraid your predictions probably are correct. I would buy none of them. I think there’s enough Metal already.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.