Updating multiple products – Feature Request

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Jeffrey Sheppard
    Participant

Agree. Just got a new laptop and have to install multiple libraries and countless updates. Too many clicks and passwords to count.

Love the software, but the installation and update process sucks. Take a cue from Softube, Native Instruments, Arturia, and others. Simply “update all” and the magic happens without user intervention. You have so many products now that I think this is a necessity!

Jeff

Olof

Yes, this is something we definitely want to implement/improve.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: gearnerd, versuswhat and drumjack52
    drumjack52
    Participant

Agree. Just got a new laptop and have to install multiple libraries and countless updates. Too many clicks and passwords to count.

Love the software, but the installation and update process sucks. Take a cue from Softube, Native Instruments, Arturia, and others. Simply “update all” and the magic happens without user intervention. You have so many products now that I think this is a necessity!

Jeff

The problem with Arturia’s way is if you don’t have ‘silent install’ enabled you have to deal with multiple clicks for each update. That would be almost tolerable if the clicks to ok something were all in the same place.

Operating system: macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Jack
    aka musicman691 on other forums
    PT 2021.6
    OSX 10.13.6
    3.46 GHz hex core 2012 MacPro 48 gig ram
    Samples on 2 TB ssd on a PCIE card

mr.cello
    Participant

Totally agree.  There are other music products that will update all of it in one go so you click through for the first and are good to go.  Super irritating having to click through and put in admin password for each product sometimes multiple times (initial download then updates).

Operating system: Windows 10

Thanked by: Jeffrey Sheppard
    Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

Currently installing everything on a new Mac. I have 83 products.

Each and every one needs to be

• downloaded
    • wait for it to happen………..
    • run install
      • for the apps, allow a helper program to run
      • read important information
    • check agreement, agree
    • set location if necessary
    • hit install again
    • Enter computer password
    • wait for installation to finish………
    • click close
    • allow program access to detachable drive
    • move software to trash?
    • authorize

If there are any updates:

• download….
    • install each update (midi, sound etc)
    • tell where it should go
    • enter password
    • wait for it to happen

Et cetera.

This…is…madness.

Thanked by: David Case and Jeffrey Sheppard
    drumjack52
    Participant

You have 83 products from Toontrack?

But really if you want a fully functioning system with no glitches this is the only way to go. Apple’s Migration Assistant (frequently called Migration Assassin) Doesn’t give good results. For moving data it’s okay but for programs – not so much.

Jack
    PT 2021.6
    OSX 10.13.6

Tormod Guldvog
    Participant

Yes, 83 products from Toontrack.

Compared to Native Instruments’ Native Access (I have Komplete 13 + Maschine + lots of extras), TPM is not even close. Native Access has an “Install everything” button and that’s it. It also offers one-click updates for each product.

Luckily Toontrack’s products are very, very good.

versuswhat
    Participant

Currently installing everything on a new Mac. I have 83 products.

Each and every one needs to be

• downloaded
    • wait for it to happen………..
    • run install
      • for the apps, allow a helper program to run
      • read important information
    • check agreement, agree
    • set location if necessary
    • hit install again
    • Enter computer password
    • wait for installation to finish………
    • click close
    • allow program access to detachable drive
    • move software to trash?
    • authorize

If there are any updates:

• download….
    • install each update (midi, sound etc)
    • tell where it should go
    • enter password
    • wait for it to happen

Et cetera.

This…is…madness.

Yes this is a real problem, and for the first time it’s actively stopping me from buying expansion packs such as the new one for EZD3. I, too, have plenty of Toontrack products across drums, bass and keys. The thought of repeating mindless tasks (checking agreements, install locations, entering system passwords) for each and every one should I move system or for simple product updates is quite off-putting. Do hope its fixed soon.

Operating system: macOS Big Sur (11)

Jeffrey Sheppard
    Participant

I have 122 registered products including expansion kits and midi packs. For my new laptop the installation method has made this an enormous task!! No way I would do this in one sitting, so I have actually spread it out over weeks, doing a few at a time because WHO HAS TIME FOR THIS?!?!? Writing this reply as my Arturia, Waves, Native Instruments, and Softube software updates in the background without any further input. Plug-in Alliance does ONE download and ONE install. This is more important to me now than new sounds, instruments, or MIDI packs.

I would like to see this go beyond the above response:

__

Yes, this is something we definitely want to implement/improve.

Olof Hermansson – Toontrack
    Coder

__

Thanked by: David Case and Joachim Wrba
    Jeffrey Sheppard
    Participant

Any progress on this? Got my new Mac Studio and it’s taking FOREVER to do all the installs. Then to add insult to injury, products with fresh downloads need updates immediately after installation. And the update is a two or three part installation!! Seems like there is no good reason to have the MIDI update as a separate installer from a sound installer update, etc.

Guess I will have everything installed by the end of the week. Software is great, but this is a terribly annoying process.

Is anyone actually working on this?

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    versuswhat
    Participant

Any progress on streamlining the installation/update process? Dreading moving to a new system…

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    drumjack52
    Participant

Any progress on streamlining the installation/update process? Dreading moving to a new system…

Unfortunately no movement on this. In another thread one of the people talked about an upcoming update but just to SD3. Maybe the installer will get a makeover as well. I like the system Arturia has with their installer with the ‘silent install’ option. Engage that and when there’s updates to multiple programs it updates them all with no fuss and the installer knows/remembers where you installed stuff as well.

Jack
    PT 2021.6
    OSX 10.13.6

Thanked by: David Case
    Jeffrey Sheppard
    Participant

And here we go… 26 MIDI packs have to be updated. I’m too tired to do the math to figure out how many mouse clicks that is. And besides, my clicking finger will be in rehab.

This is ridiculous!!!

Thanked by: versuswhat
    versuswhat
    Participant

Shucks. Hang in there. Maybe we need a support group…

Pretty shabby. I’ve given up on this and am not bothering with any more Toontrack purchases/updates. There’s other stuff out there that does an equally good/better job.

Ralph Kersten
    Participant

This is awful!!!

Still no batch install of multiple products possible. Have updates for EZmix software and 63 Drum Midi packages. 7 f…ing mouse clicks for each update 🙁

Operating system: Windows 10
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.