Updating multiple products – Feature Request

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Jeffrey Sheppard
    Participant

Any update from Toontrack on this?

Yes, this is something we definitely want to implement/improve.

Robert Smedberg
    Participant

Yes…..

Have around 90 items including SDX on hundreds of GB.

Bought a new pc in december and took 16h to install.

Got a BSOD and had to start from scratch again.

Could have payed to have an ”install all” feature.

Operating system: Windows 11

Thanked by: Marcin
    versuswhat
    Participant

Exactly one year later…  no change. 30 things to update – each instance requiring 7 mouse clicks. Really baffling.

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    mr.cello
    Participant

Frustrating that there hasn’t even been a response from Tunetrack on this.  I have basically decided that I am not going to buy any new products from them as I can’t deal with the pain (for even things like MIDI packs which need admin why?).  I like the product, but the “cost of ownership” is too high for me to invest anymore.

Operating system: Windows 11
    Marcin
    Participant

I came here to ask the same and I found this topic. My Product Manager welcomed me today with multiple updates and few new downloads to do. I have 95 products and it really hurts to go one by one. A bulk silent install and update options would be fantastic!

Toontrack updates

Operating system: Windows 10
    gearnerd
    Participant

Please let us use the “installer” command by using pkg files instead of using dmg archives. I think most people here in this thread would rather be dealing with a commandline interface to type something in that allows them to install a bunch of packages at a time than clicking in dozens of installers windows.

Edit: it seems to work using this guide. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25409584/apple-installer-command-help-for-bash-script/25409760#25409760

• This post was modified 12 months ago by gearnerd.
    drumjack52
    Participant

Please let us use the “installer” command by using pkg files instead of using dmg archives. I think most people here in this thread would rather be dealing with a commandline interface to type something in that allows them to install a bunch of packages at a time than clicking in dozens of installers windows.

Edit: it seems to work using this guide. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25409584/apple-installer-command-help-for-bash-script/25409760#25409760

• This post was modified 12 months ago by gearnerd.

Unless one really knows what they’re doing mucking about in Terminal can brick a system.

Operating system: macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Jack
    aka musicman691 on other forums
    PT 2021.6
    OSX 10.13.6
    3.46 GHz hex core 2012 MacPro 48 gig ram
    Samples on 2 TB ssd on a PCIE card

gearnerd
    Participant

Yes, a bit of caution is advised when using the terminal! Unfortunately though, the procedure doesn’t work for updates. Only for regular product installations, I wrote a guide in this forum.

drumjack52
    Participant

Yes, a bit of caution is advised when using the terminal! Unfortunately though, the procedure doesn’t work for updates. Only for regular product installations, I wrote a guide in this forum.

Do you have a link to the guide?

Jack
    PT 2021.6
    OSX 10.13.6

gearnerd
    Participant

Here it is: https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/innstalling-multiple-products-in-bulk-through-command-line-guide/

In general risks try to avoid using sudo on the terminal (there is only one command listed there) and make sure the path is right (using pwd).

drumjack52
    Participant

Thanks.

Jack
    PT 2021.6
    OSX 10.13.6

versuswhat
    Participant

C’mon man…

Nigel Watson
    Participant

It’s hard to believe that over ONE WHOLE YEAR ago the response from Toontrack was”yes, this is something we want to do” and NOTHING has happened. Meanwhile one product after another is introduced. Why is no energy going into supporting a feature that would save users sooo much time? I have about 50 products to update. It’ll take me what, 2 hours?

Come on Toontrack! Step up and be like Spectrasonics, Arturia, and other top companies! It’s great to have cool products but you need to make using the a breeze, pleez 😉 !!!

Thanks

Nigel

Ove Ranheim
    Participant

If someone at Toontrack is reading this, please take notice: prioritize and address the tedious software update and installation process. I have over 200 products, and it is incredibly frustrating to perform updates. Every now and then, I need to update my second computer, and it consumes a significant amount of my time. Isn’t it time to take your customers on a new journey towards a one-click update-all experience?

As a software engineer, there are numerous solutions available and a wealth of literature on managing package bundles. Ultimately, this comes down to prioritization and money, I suppose.

Installing 200+ products currently requires more than 10 clicks per package, along with waiting time. I’m certain you are aware of these issues. It is a truly painful experience.

Nigel Watson
    Participant

I suggest we all write directly to support as it appears Toontrack are not responding here – the reply one whole year ago is the *only one* so far.

I’m quite suprised that a company of the quality of Toontrack hasn’t taken care of this- they are WAY behind every other music software developer in this respect

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.