Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

# The Guitarists Thread # Share The Wealth!

Studio Corner
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • jbraner
    Participant

and who was talking nonsense about Vai? …. /snip
     they all love to don the shirtless blazer look from time to time,

Sorry – I like to talk nonsense 😉
    I haven’t paid enough attention to these guys to know that there are other shirtless wonders too. I just thought maybe Steve lost his shirt.

John Braner
    http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
    and all the major streaming/download sites.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Reaper 7 x64 (latest version), Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 3950x, 32GB RAM, MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi mobo (not using wifi though), NVIDIA GEForce GT710 video card, MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

To be honest of all the “greats” Vai just loves to show off his nipple ring which frankly isn’t the first thing you wanna see when learning technique lol

It’s amazing really, a lot of these players have taken very traditional Jazz, Blues, Ethnic influences and blended them together, I’m not saying that any guitarist or genre is better than another, however it’s always handy to look at what others do and make it your own, in fact Nuno Bettencourt is often shown not wanting to show other people his riffs note by note as he’s trying to encourage people to be different, hear what you “think” the notes are and then make the riff your own as it were.

The one thing I’m really missing of late is that real *control* you can hear, so many guitarists just get the fastest technique down and don’t work on nice clean controlled vibrato, or getting a bend actually in tune, it’s so sad because those things should really be instilled waaaaay before blasting across the fretboard. You take technique then add control, you’re only adding control to a certain sub-set of techniques you’re using, yeah sure it lends itself to other areas of your playing, but get in there right at the start, start trying to find those lovely sweet overtones etc and that’ll shine out in even the fastest of runs, and furthermore right across your playing style 🙂

🙂

David @ VOLiTiAN

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

col33145
    Participant
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.