Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Superior Drummer 3 crash with user midi (Warning)

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Abhijitchanda
    Participant

What exactly do you mean by “copy” the track?

Voxxa
    Participant

Hi! I’ve had four crashes in one day when experimenting with The Grid Editor in Superior Drummer 3. This happened in Studio One 4. I have a home built PC with Windows 10 Pro, 32 Gigs of RAM, Presonius AudioBow iTwo, 2TB SSD drives. Is the error with Toontrack or – perhaps Presonus Studio One?

I hade to fiddle around with The Grid Editor since there was no MIDI files fitting to what I needed. But… four crashes in one session… that’s bad.

John

Hi Voxxa,

which version number is displayed in the SD3 plugin interface?

If you try to replicate what you did to experience those crashes in the standalone, does it crash there as well? Or in a blank Studio One session?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Voxxa
    Participant

I think I have the lateste version of Superior Drummer 3. I bought it last week. Did like the improvements you’ve made compared to nr 2. I’m trying to create a seemingly too intricate rythm as it seems. Can’t find any like it in my MID-files, and I do have a lot of them. It seems when I’m deleting notes it has a tendency to crash. This happens mostly during the copy/paste actions.

Mike
    Participant

Have the same problem.
    I have an imported midi file and when i try to edit that Logic Pro crash. I also have problem with dropouts randomly within the same project both when i run it or bounce it.

This have been around for a while now i am suprised that u have’nt solved it yet.

The midi editor has sevral drawback and it is very buggy i general and that is sad.

I use your manager so i should have the latest version

Scott

Have the same problem.
    I have an imported midi file and when i try to edit that Logic Pro crash. I also have problem with dropouts randomly within the same project both when i run it or bounce it.

This have been around for a while now i am suprised that u have’nt solved it yet.

The midi editor has sevral drawback and it is very buggy i general and that is sad.

I use your manager so i should have the latest version

Please provide your system details.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Oliver Shillito
    Participant

I too am having the same issue. I was working on a midi file earlier with Standalone SD3 and that one worked fine. Then I load a second midi in and boom, it crashes.

Then I loaded the affected midi into Pro Tools and as soon as I went into grid editor, Pro Tools crashed.

Same thing happens with Logic.

There is clearly some sort of bug in SD3 but I can’t tell what might be causing it.

OSX – 10.14.6 Mojave

SD3: 3.1.7

I’ve attached both the midi files. The Answer does not crash SD3. We Will Drive DOES crash SD3. The contents of them both look similar to me when examined in Pro Tools. What am I missing?

Stephen Harrison
    Participant

So as I explained in the first post in this thread you should try selecting the midi blocks in the timeline (leave out any that are Toontrack blocks) that you think might be causing issues.

Right click and copy those blocks. (yes you may need to do all of this multiple times for all your blocks, or you could just merge them together and do it all at once)

Now paste it kit piece by kit piece. Snare, kick, hi-hat, etc etc …If there is any strange midi in there, don’t paste that because that’s what flips SD3 out. It might be called “note XX” or unmapped midi

Toontrack did patch this issue a while ago ( I saw it in the patch notes of one of the updates)

Olof

I too am having the same issue. I was working on a midi file earlier with Standalone SD3 and that one worked fine. Then I load a second midi in and boom, it crashes.

Then I loaded the affected midi into Pro Tools and as soon as I went into grid editor, Pro Tools crashed.

Same thing happens with Logic.

There is clearly some sort of bug in SD3 but I can’t tell what might be causing it.

OSX – 10.14.6 Mojave

SD3: 3.1.7

I’ve attached both the midi files. The Answer does not crash SD3. We Will Drive DOES crash SD3. The contents of them both look similar to me when examined in Pro Tools. What am I missing?

Could you save and upload a SD3 project file (.sd3p), please, so we can can see what MIDI mapping and instruments you have when it crashes? Also some crash log could be useful. You can find them in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (use Go > Go to Folder with that path). Thanks.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Oliver Shillito
    Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj8l256ilgexquo/crash%20kit.sd3p?dl=0

Above is a link to a SD3 project with midi in. If you go into that midi it will hard exit SD3.

Oliver Shillito
    Participant
    Oliver Shillito
    Participant

Fixed it.

It appears that when you import a midi file into SD3. If there is a note on say a cymbal that you don’t have turned on. Instead of moving that cymbal hit to another cymbal as it usually does. It crashes.

If you load the midi into your daw and move those midi notes, it will import and work fine.

This needs looking into as a bug because it should not be hard exiting because of this.

I have no replicated this issue multiple times. I can confirm that is absolutely what the issue is.

One for the bug list.

Olof

Thanks, we’ll look into it.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Christoffer
    Participant

Thanks for the report guys! This will be fixed in the next release of SD3.

Christoffer Lindmark - Toontrack
    Coder

MortalCoil
    Participant

Hello. I have been having this same problem today. I chopped up a few hi hat grooves (no other drums), lined them next to eachother, then bounced. I then imported that hi hat and tried to change the tempo in midi mapper and it crashes every time.

After reading this thread I now know how to work around this.. But I wanted to bring it to your guys’ attention.

The problem occurs for SD3 in Pro tools 12 and in SD3 stand alone. I can share a crash report and the other file in just a bit…

THANKS!!

Thanked by: Christoffer
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.