Superior Drummer 3 crash with user midi (Warning)

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Just a heads up to people experiencing random crashes out of the blue.

Can you post a MIDI file that causes SD3 to crash here?
    Is it crashing both in standalone and in your DAW?
    What version of SD3 are you using?

We’ll look into this matter! Thanks for the report

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Stephen Harrison
    Participant

Using the latest version.

Support already know about this. There hasn’t been any SD3 patches in the months since I raised the issue.

Thanked by: Henrik
    Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for the information!

Toontrack

Stephen Harrison
    Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gttveof42gpxgc/Recreation.sd3p?dl=0

dropbox link. Midi loop is orange. Double click it and go to the grid editor.

Stephen Harrison
    Participant

I just ran into this bug yet again.

Strangely It’s a project where I dragged midi into cubase and change the VST to addictive drums then sent it off to a friend to put vocals on it.

I load it up, make a new superior drummer instrument and drag the drums I did before back into SD3. I make a couple of cuts and then start adding stuff to my project. I then want to edit the drums so I goto the grid editor and bang, Cubase is instantly shut down.

The midi doesn’t even have any funny stuff going on. No midi info outside of SD3s mapping. The whole drum section is just SD3 loops after all.

There hasn’t been a patch for SD3 in many many months. Surely there are some in the pipe work?

Henrik
    Participant

I load it up, make a new superior drummer instrument and drag the drums I did before back into SD3. I make a couple of cuts and then start adding stuff to my project. I then want to edit the drums so I goto the grid editor and bang, Cubase is instantly shut down.

Is it possible for you to upload that MIDI, or a project file?

Toontrack

John

Henrik, it is in the dropbox link above in post #2054261.

I downloaded it and if I open it and double-click the orange part on the Song Track, it does indeed hard exit SD3.

I inspected the entire MIDI and though it seems Toontrack mapped, it is full of long, extended notes perhaps even overlapping ones, so if it is Toontrack MIDI originally, it has been very modified.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

Henrik, it is in the dropbox link above in post #2054261.

Yeah, we have analyzed that MIDI and found some issues that we have fixed, and will be released in next update.

If the MIDI in the post “I just ran into this bug yet again” is different, then we would like to inspect that too!

Toontrack

nickjack
    Participant

thanks for good  information manabadi results 2019 ap

Abasso
    Participant

Good Sunday afternoon,

I have run into similar problem with my Reaper&Superior drummer 3 combo. I made some parts with my keyboard as virtual kayeboard straight to Reaper, saved the midi mapping and imported it then to SD. The editing of that midi map was okey for some time in SD but now it (actually both SD and Reaper) has started to crash every time I do some changes. I did the drum midi map to Reaper only because I didn’t understand how to make it staright to SD (now I do know how).

Is the update for this issue coming soon in the future or should I reprogram the drums staright to SD?

BR and ystävällisesti,

Antti

Henrik
    Participant

Is the update for this issue coming soon in the future or should I reprogram the drums straight to SD?

Are you running SD3 v 3.1.2, the latest version?

Can you upload a MIDI file that causes the crash?

Toontrack

Abasso
    Participant

As many times with this kind technical stuff you think there’s a problem, so happened with this one as well and the problem dissapeared by itself. And yes I use the latest version 3.1.2.

Anyway thanks a lot for the quick reply and I will come back if the issue reoccurs!

BR,
    Antti

Thanked by: Henrik
    Randy Lahey
    Participant

Dear toontrack staff,

I, too, am experiencing consistant crashes when opening the grit editor to edit some of my midi files.

Could you please elaborate what exactly you mena by the following?

“Now try and paste it again but look at the paste menu option under the kit pieces and check that nothing strange is in there like “MIDI NOTE 58” or something similar.”

I’ve attached a screenshot of the paste options given by SD 3 as well as one of the files causing the crashes.

Thanks in advance!

Thanked by: Abhijitchanda
    John Randall
    Participant

Hi, I am new to this forum and unsure of where to post this message, I have just purchased SD 2.0 Custom and Vintage. Every time I go to install Disc 1 “soundtrack” from install folder my macbook air displays this message….

the installer could not install the software because there was no software to install

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you for your time.

-John

John

Hi, I am new to this forum and unsure of where to post this message, I have just purchased SD 2.0 Custom and Vintage. Every time I go to install Disc 1 “soundtrack” from install folder my macbook air displays this message….

the installer could not install the software because there was no software to install

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you for your time.

-John

Hi,

please start a new topic describing your problem. You have a very different issue (and product) than the original poster.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.