Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

“Product Manager” Is there are way to change installation path?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Raphoz Patrick
    Participant

Thks,

I have just done it. It’s working.

David Snow
    Participant

“We will probably make it possible to change the path in PM too in the future.”

PLEASE DO…

Jace Vek
    Participant

Fix your installation manager so this process is easier from the start.  It’s stupid, confusing and a waste of valuable time.  On native instruments, UVI, Izotope, and every other legitimate software VST company this is a 3.5 second process and it’s in your face right at the start,

Instead, we have this.  When we pay 400 dollars for one of the top tier VSTs on the market, the installation process should be about a 2 click in your face process. not tabs, that have to be dug through.

You should improve and correct this on the front end.

Tomdawson
    Participant

I had the same issue – it is not obvious as you will be looking within the Product Manager Window – where this option does not exist. When you have the Product manager Window open – look at the top of your screen, next to your Apple logo – you will see it say Toontrack Product manager. Click on the words and you will see a Preferences option for download location!

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    David Snow
    Participant

I bought the latest EZ drummer last year, even bought it “early bird”. I don’t use it. Wanna know why? Because Toontrack has failed to make their storage libraries user friendly or intuitive! First off, like is stated herein, you cannot move stuff easily with the app. But worst of all, you cannot have the libraries spread out over several drives. My virtual inst. library is full, NO room for the new EX drummer 3 or whatever it was. (I’ve never used it).

For me to use the new EZ drummer, with all the expansions I have, Id need to mover EVRYTHING to a new drive, even my old libraries of toontrack stuff. Then, every song I open will be searching for the drums. Toontrack, please make your software more user friendly when it comes to storage and drive management and capability!

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)
    • This post was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by David Snow.
    John

Hi,

are you aware that you can change the Download location for installation files in the Product Manager Preferences?

Also, installed EZdrummer Libraries and Toontrack MIDI can be moved to a new location, please see this FAQ on how:
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/can-i-relocate-the-ezbass-sound-library-folder-to-my-external-drive/

The procedure is the same for EZdrummer 2/3, just replace ‘EZbass’ with ‘EZdrummer’.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Eugene Beresin
    Participant

I have a macbook pro 2020 and sadly installed all my products, and I have a lot, on the hard drive. I cannot find them anywhere. I want them on an SSD, but the DOWNLOADS were deleted to save space. I thought I could just move the installed folders to the SSD. NOPE. So, the question I and many other have is HOW DO YOU MOVE FILES ON A MAC FROM THE HD to an SSD. If it means deleting all files and reinstalling by setting the DOWNLOADS in product manager, that is fine. BUT I WANT TO ERASE ALL FILES, and START over. I fear if I REDOWNLOAD there will be files on the computer taking up space, and I will have them on my SSD. In short, how do you move; how do you erase and start over. THERE IS NO DROP DOWN menu on the installation tab of the product in Product manage.

Please help!

Gene

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    John

Hi Eugene,

if you open the PM and hit ‘Cmd+,’ it will open the Preferences. You also find the Preferences in the ‘Toontrack Product Manager’ Menu to the left of the ‘File’ Menu.

There you can set the location of your ‘Downloads‘, which by Default are set to your User Downloads/Toontrack folder. You also have the option to move existing files in the current Downloads to the new location.
    Bear in mind that what you Download and what you install are not the same; you Download Installation files. These are used to install your products and when installed, the Downloads can be deleted.
    Installed ‘EZ’ current products can have their library locations moved to other locations, like described in this FAQ:https://www.toontrack.com/faq/can-i-relocate-the-ezbass-sound-library-folder-to-my-external-drive/

The same procedure applies to EZkeys and EZdrummer 3, you just switch out ‘EZbass’ for e.g. ‘EZkeys’.

EZmix2 does not install any big sound files so these always go to your system drive, as well as the software for the virtual instruments, along with Presets.

If you have SDX libraries for Superior Drummer 3, these are moved in the Finder and then relocated in the Settings Libraries/Paths. The Default installation path for an SDX would be ‘Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Superior Drummer’

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

TravelRock
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got lots of Toontrack software… EZ-keys, EZ-drums, Superior, Extensions packs, MIDI packs etc all installed on a dedicated SSD drive on my PC (Win11) that is almost full and need to moved to a new bigger SSD I’ve added to my computer. I’ve read multiple responses on this forum but it’s still not completely clear to me how to do this in the best way. I don’t mind the drivers are on my system C-drive, but the samples needs to be moved. Especially if I want to get any more software from you in the future.

Do I need to uninstall them in PM to move them? I see no way forward from the PM view of the softwares to move them.

If I change download path in preferences, will that change anything for the already installed files to or just the future installed? Or is it just for downloads and not related to installation at all?

I would love for an easy step by step instruction using PM on Win to move the sounds/samples of all Toontrack software I’ve got installed.

Best,
    Lars

Operating system: Windows 11
    John

Hi,

the FAQ and my post above yours should be very step by step, don’t you think? Or did you not read the FAQ?
    But in short, no you don’t need to uninstall for moving sound and MIDI libraries for EZdrummer 2/3, EZkeys, EZbass or Superior Drummer 2/3.
    Follow the FAQ instructions, the procedure is exactly the same for the EZ products. Superior SDX libraries are also moved and then relinked in the Settings > Libraries/Paths.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

TravelRock
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Thanks for clarifying it’s the same for all the softwares, I wasn’t sure since the FAQ referred to EZ-bass.

I did read the FAQ but it first states “The contents within this EZbass folder should never be altered or moved manually” and then a bit later “Please locate the EZbass folder, then move the entire folder to the preferred location on your external hard drive.” Is that not moving manually? But I take it, I should drag and drop (or cut and paste) the folder to the new location yes?

Will I be able to do the “browsing” for “Settings > Libraries/Paths” from within my DAW VST or do I have to use the Standalone version for that?

From my understanding I will not need to use the PM at all, from these instructions yes?

Best,
    Lars

John

Hi Lars

“The contents within this EZbass folder should never be altered or moved manually”

the key word being ‘within’, meaning that moving the main ‘EZbass’, ‘EZkeys’ or ‘EZdrummer’ folder with its content and structure intact is OK but any altering of the content within the main folder is not allowed.

Regarding setting the path to moved SDX libraries in SD3, it shouldn’t matter whether you do it in the Standalone or the plug-in but I guess I would personally do it in the Standalone(s).

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

carrotlettuce
    Participant

So out of this thread I did not see a response to changing the INSTALL folder location. Not the DOWNLOAD folder location. When attempting to install my sound library of SD I accidentally chose an external hard drive as the install location for the sound files. It didn’t allow me to install onto the hard drive, but now there is no way to change the install path back to my Mac’s hard drive and store the sounds locally. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jerrod

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    John

Hi Jerrod,

SDX:s do always have an option to install at a Custom location. If you have installed parts of the Core library and want to add library parts, the custom install isn’t available.
    To move the already installed library to another location, simply move the main ‘SL-Xxxx’ folder to another location in the Finder/Explorer and point to this new location in the Settings>Libraries/Paths.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

carrotlettuce
    Participant

I actually haven’t been able to install any of the content. Just download. Like I said, the install folder is set to my external hard drive and I don’t see an option to change that path back to the local hard drive on my computer.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.