Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

“Product Manager” Is there are way to change installation path?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • John

Hi Arturo,

in the Preferences for the Product Manager, you can set the desired location for Downloads, which is an overall setting for all products to be downloaded.

When it comes to the specific products, you should pay attention to when the ‘Customise’ button is visible during the installation.
    If a product already has been installed to a specific location, a subsequent install for an add-on or similar, it will follow the same path and cannot be individually customized.

I hope this clarifies,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Arturo Manfredi
    Arturo Manfredi
    Participant

Good morning John

In response to your reply allow me to clarify the following:

Once the Product Manager has been launched for the first time……it does offer us to specify the path locations for the software, in my case is EZDrummer 2 and EZKeys. These being….C: Drive for the program and E: Drive for the Data folders. I apparently did not choose these paths correctly and when I came to realize this and try to correct my mistake it was not possible.

Following/subsequent installation of any other software is not possibleto install in my desired locations. These being by manual install or by the PM. There is no Preferences Tab to change our original destination Path. Where there should be one to choose from in cases where a msitake has happened.

In brief……a new version of the Product Manager needs to be offered that will include a Preferences Tab, and secondly….I came to realize (after three times attempting to install my products unsuccesfully) is that……..and I ask of you this respecfully….if you could show us how to completely uninstall the Product Manager and all associated folder files, Registry Keys and Licenses on my PC so the next time a launch the PM it will start fresh and take me back to where I can choose once again the Location Paths and so on………Or, have the PM uninstall itself and wipe clean the installation of itself.

Thank You kindly for your time and interest in helping us…….

Regards,

Arturo Manfredi

Operating system: Windows 10
    Arturo Manfredi
    Participant

Good afternoon John

As a complementary thought to my previous message……. I would like to ask you if it is possible to have Toontrack’s  technical assistance remotely access my computer to correctly install my EZDrummer 2 and EZKeys folder files in my needed path locations by means of a remote desktop app.

Thank you once more for any guidance you may offer.

Regards,

Arturo Manfredi

John

Hi Arturo,

I am sorry but I cannot remote assist you on your computer. When it comes to moving the Sounds and MIDI repositories for EZdrummer 2 and EZkeys, you can follow the guide in this FAQ, just switch out ‘EZdrummer’ for ‘EZkeys’:

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Arturo Manfredi
    Arturo Manfredi
    Participant

Good morning John

Yesterday afternoon I was finally able to reinstall my products successfully. I used 2 different uninstallers and manually tweaked the Registry.

Thank you…….

Best regards,

Arturo Manfredi

sonicviz
    Participant

It would be great if you could upgrade the product manager so we could at least see the plugin install path, and there should also be an option to change the location. The product manager should then move the files to the new location.

I see you can move them manually as well: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/ , but it’s always good to have that functionality in the product manager itself.

Thanks for the cool tools.

• This post was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by sonicviz.
    tomciccone34
    Participant

Hi,

are you referring to the plug-in (software) or the Library?

Either way, you can Custom install both, albeit there is no real need for Custom installing the software, since it does n’t take up much space and generally I would advise not to, since it may risk you having troubles down the road.
    Please let us know which so we may help you.

BR,
    John

Dude, SD3 is like 120+ GB.

How do you guys not have external hard drive support?

This is crazy man.

Scott

Hi,

are you referring to the plug-in (software) or the Library?

Either way, you can Custom install both, albeit there is no real need for Custom installing the software, since it does n’t take up much space and generally I would advise not to, since it may risk you having troubles down the road.
    Please let us know which so we may help you.

BR,
    John

Dude, SD3 is like 120+ GB.

How do you guys not have external hard drive support?

This is crazy man.

• The post has been modified 2 years, 8 months ago by tomciccone34"> 2 times, last modified 2 years, 8 months ago by tomciccone34.

Like John states, the plugin itself is not large in size. I think the installer is 300MB or so. The sound library (which is different than the S3 plugin installer) is 230GB and is easily installed on an external hard drive if the Custom install option is chosen when installing.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Hung Hoang
    Participant

Hi All,

I think I found the solution for this, I just discovered this FAQ about install the SD3 Sound Library to an external hard drive, it’s totally possible: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-install-superior-drummer-3-from-a-download/  .

Just scroll down a little bit to the “INSTALL THE SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3 LIBRARY PART 1 – BASIC SOUND LIBRARY” and you will see!

Yere
    Participant

Hi,

Just installed EZdrummer 3.

Still struggling with same problem no product manager update in sight.
    Would be nice to locate the installed VST for DAW software to use it. Did this occur to anyone? Shortcuts have been cleared from shoving target file.
    No visibility or options to select where and what is installed, this is worlds probably only installer that doesn’t give any options.

Why even bother with the steps since pressing install. Just “Accept EULA” y / n and thats it if you want to roll like all your customers are seeing computer for the 1st time, because thats what the installer currently effectively does.

Simple “Select installation path” and “Change installation path” functionalities would mean a lot for anyone who’s caught up with this issue.

If you want go with easier way and keep stubbornly claiming that you know all about the peoples systems and routings then you could explicitly tell and emphasize in very clear manner about the installation path. Like “This selection is going to determine all of your future products installation routing”  if there is such selection at the beginning of the product manager installation.

Try even using the VST inventor steinbergs preselected path and pay respects to those whose technology you’re licensing if nothing else.

Currently VST not usable at all.

Product itself is nice and well but please pay more attention to how these things are handled in the future, it really makes a difference

John

Hi,

EZdrummer 3.vst3 gets installed to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and should not be moved from there.

EZdrummer 3 is VST 3 only.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Ravi Shankar
    Participant

Completely agree terrible product manager

Raphoz Patrick
    Participant

When installing the content for SD3 i was able to to choose the installation path.

But concerning EZX expansion, there no option to choose the installation path, sure we can choose the download path, but not the installation of the content. In Toontrack Product Manager, in EZX Sound Expansions area, in “Show Details”, in “Installation info” there is no option path installation.

My OS SSD drive start to be close to full, we really need a clear and simple option (in Product Manager option details or in installation process) to choose that installation path for those expansion.

You make a lot of great new expansion, it’s start to really be very important to bring that feature in your product manager for all of your product.

Step-1-1
    Step-2-no-intallation-path-option
    Step-3-installation
    Step-4-Finish

Thks

Olof

All EZXs and drum MIDI are always installed to the same location but that location can be changed by SD3 or EZD3/EZD2. In SD3, go to Settings > Libraries/Paths and near the bottom you will see the path for “Additional Libraries.” The menu to the right lets you change the path if the current one contains no EZX and nothing in a Midi subfolder, so normally you would move the entire folder to where you want it, then restart SD3 and in Settings locate the folder.

We will probably make it possible to change the path in PM too in the future.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

John

Hi,

unlike SDX:s, which can reside on different drives, EZX sound libraries and their accompanying MIDI need all to be in one repository.
    To change this location, please see the FAQ:
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/

It is the same procedure for EZdrummer 3

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.