Preset for Allaire Kit Used In NirZ Jam Video?

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • John

OK,

here you go. From the man himself. The only thing I have modified is the note mapping, since he had one of his own. Now it conforms to Toontrack MIDI, so you can throw any released Toontrack groove at it and it plays back correctly.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

rentadrummer
    Participant

Thanks! You da man!

Mark Farrell
    Participant

nice work john, very good of you to hunt that down, muchio appreciated!

gertheater
    Participant

hey John, can you upload it again pls?

Nathan
    Participant

I’d like to second that request too please.

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

rentadrummer
    Participant

Can’t believe this thread came alive again.

I played around with this preset when I first got it and I really didn’t think it sounded anything like the kit in the video. If I remember correctly it was also missing one of the toms and crashes, so it makes me wonder how accurate it is, and how much processing was done outside of S2. To me, the pitch of the hi hats in the video is so different from the stock 16″ hats included in the Allaire kit, that at first I thought it was possible NirZ might have used some hi hats from one of the other kits as an xdrum, but that wouldn’t make sense if it’s a video that’s supposed to be showcasing the sounds of Allaire.

If John no longer has the file, I can find it and upload it, so you can hear it for yourselves.

jgro002
    Participant

I too didn’t think it sounded like the video. I loved the sound of the vid, but I only opened the preset once…

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Nathan
    Participant

Well I supose that the pitch of the hats could be changed; would that save in the preset?

I do a bunch of things to drum sounds with outboard and plugins (mostly because I am familiar with them) or a Liquid Mix. Havent really explored the internal processing very far, which is why I wanted to look at this…

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

rentadrummer
    Participant

I have the preset and was going to upload it but I get a message saying the file type is unsupported. Since it’s not a gif, txt or jpg, I’m not sure if I can post it or not.

John

I think it’s this one

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

DarkRoomDude
    Participant

@John said:

I think it’s this one

Hey John, could you reupload the preset please?

Tomster
    Participant

I am joining this request. Re-upload would be nice.

- Rock steady -

Tomster
    Participant

Nothing?
    ;(

- Rock steady -

John

Hi,

the file attachment didn’t make from the old server to the new but I believe it’s the same one as attached to this post.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tomster
    Participant

Thanks a lot, John!

- Rock steady -

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.