online purchase: download AND box

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • sooner777
    Participant

I also bought my EZDRUMMER at GC, and only recieved a Lic# on the receipt. So I understand correctly that I need to go back to guitar center and get discs? Typical GC if that’s the case. The Guitar Center is in Clearwater, FL btw.

Scott

Hi Albert and welcome to the forum.

No, you don’t need to go back to GC to get EZdrummer discs. What you should do is create an account at http://www.toontrack.com/ if you haven’t already. Then log in and select ‘Register New Product’ under the ‘My Products’ page. The ‘Register New Product’ page will ask for your serial number. Type in the serial number from your GC receipt. You should then have access to download the full product (either PC or Mac versions). See pic below.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

sooner777
    Participant

Thanks Scott for the quick reply. It’s downloading now. I now love GC.

Scott

Yeah, there is alot of confusion on GC’s part and Toontrack products. The main problem is the fact the the entire EZdrummer line of products (EZD and all EZXs) are available for download and you can leave GC with just a serial number and be happy. But, the Superior Drummer line (S2 and all SDXs) are just too big (some up to 35GBs) to make downloadable. GC confuses the two.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mark Williams
    Participant

GC confuses a lot of things.
    I really hate that this kind of stuff continues on their part…

MBP 2.4 GHz | 4GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 Logic Pro 9.1.5 | Metric Halo LIO-8/4P | Apogee ONE SD 2.3.0 | EZP 1.1.0 | Drumtracker 1.0.2

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

This is ridiculous…I just fell in head over heels for an offer on Florida Music Company.
    They have a great offer on the C&V upgrade…which I never got around to before, but have the old S1 version.

The thing is that it looks like this when you click the product:

“This product is available as a Digital Download through the Toontrack Virtual Stock Software Distribution system. You can choose the Download option from the box above (see below for important details). Download and registration info will be emailed once we process your order (During Office Hours). For regular orders, choose the Retail Box option.
    Important! Please Note: If you choose the download option, we can only accept Paypal payments from a confirmed and verified Paypal account. EZ Drummer and the EZX expansion packs can be downloaded in their entirety from Toontrack’s website. The Superior Drummer 2.0 and SDX expansion packs can be partially downloaded from Toontrack, but a separate Installer Disc is necessary for the complete installation. If you already have an Installer Disc, choose the ‘Download Serial Only’ option. If you do not have an Installer Disc, choose the ‘Download Serial And Ship Disc’ option. Shipping charges may apply for the ‘Download Serial And Ship Disc’ option.”

Once you have read the first line…you have clicked “add to cart” …even if your eye catches the “Important! Please Note:” …you read that it’s a paypal issue…and move on.
    The thing that gets you going, is that it starts by stating that “This product is available as a Digital Download” …and that is simply misleading the customer

So what do I do now? …I didn’t realize this was only a partial download until I had downloaded and registered.
    Shipping the box to Denmark from Florida is over $100

I have the old DVD’s…will they work?

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Rogue

Contact our shipping office through the main site (under About tab) and explain your situation.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

Thanks Rogue!

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Just Some Guy
    Participant

I’m going through this issue with Guitar Center in Spokane, WA. They all seem to be really cool about it at this point and really had no idea about the discs since the other software was simply a download.

Win7 Ultimate, 32 GB RAM 2400 Mhz, 4930k Ivy Bridge 6 core processor, Line6 UX2 interface (for now), FL Studio, Dynaudio BM5A monitors, Audio Technica ATH-M50 monitor headphones

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.