Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

online purchase: download AND box

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • John

Well,

that would not be correct. You have not registered the serials to your Toontrack account, at least not to the same email address you use for your Forum ID, so I can’t check but I am pretty sure you have received a VSSD serial, which means you should have received the black VSSD box from GC.
    Either when you were in the store or via regular mail.

EZdrummer and its EZX expansions are available for Download only but the Superior products are too big for download, you need DVD:s.

Anyways, have you actually received word from Toontrack shipping office that you were going to get discs sent to you from Toontrack?

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

JASIN30
    Participant

my email thru account is xxxxxxx when i downloaded the product a prompt said i would recieve the install disc via mail or special mail.
    the box in guitar center was just a prop for the product,they had no actual software,or at least that is what they told me.and they said i would recieve the libraries in the mail from toontrack.

HP,vista,quad core phenomAMD,10 gig ram,650 gig HD,rokit 6,8.2 22" lcds.casio controller,m-audio controller,presonus fire box.mesa boogie blue angel.esp,ibanez,alvarez dana scoop,akg,mxl,carvin,berenger,soldano,emg,seymor duncan,lundgren.

JASIN30
    Participant

and i havent recieved word from toontrack that they sent a dvd or from support portal,that is why im mad.im getting no response from anyone exept you.you know,ive paid good money,ive got the serials,i downloaded all the product off the web,ive authorized my products and still no disc,no help,nothing…………………………

HP,vista,quad core phenomAMD,10 gig ram,650 gig HD,rokit 6,8.2 22" lcds.casio controller,m-audio controller,presonus fire box.mesa boogie blue angel.esp,ibanez,alvarez dana scoop,akg,mxl,carvin,berenger,soldano,emg,seymor duncan,lundgren.

John

Hi Jason,

I’m investigating but I’m puzzled by the fact that you write “months later no disc”.
    You registered both products on Dec 28th.
    That’s not even a fortnight and during holidays and all.

Anyways, I have inquired about the status and will let you know as soon as I get to know anything.
    However, the fact remains that you should have gotten DVD:s from GC. If you buy from the Toontrack webshop, Toontrack sends you the DVD:s.
    If you buy from GC, they give you DVD:s or make sure DVD:s are sent to you. Unless routines have changed without me knowing it, which I doubt.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Martin

Hi,

Jason, we are really sorry for the hassle this has caused you. But fact remains that you need to contact your Guitar Center and ask them for the discs, and preferably the VSSD box. This is the answer you recieved via mail from Support yesterday and I am afraid there is not much we can do here but asking you to return to your Guitar Center. It would also be helpful knowing which GC you made the purchase at.

Thank you.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m in the same situation.  I purchased the Superior Upgrade from DfH at Guitar Center and they did not give me anything except a serial number.  I asked the pro audio manager several times if I should get media because there should be a lot of samples.  He insisted that it was all a digital sale and everything was a download.  He kept comparing it to Waves plug-ins.

They seemed pretty confused about how to handle the entire transaction.  In fact, only the pro audio manager could figure out how to sell me the upgrade.  But all I received was a receipt with a license code.

Who should be providing me the discs?

Thanks,

Scott

I can only echo Martin’s post right above yours and say that you need to contact your Guitar Center and ask them for the discs.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

RANDY BURKE
    Participant

My issue is the same as Yttrium and Jasin30. Purchased SD cross grade from EZD and MF at Guitar Center. SD on Jan 10 and MF on Jan 23. Went back to GC in Wichita KS today and they didn’t have a clue that I need the DVD’s for complete install. After hours of thinking I’m doing something wrong or not understanding the process I went to this forum, not very good customer support on GC’s end. My statement to Toontrack is train your vendors or don’t let them sell your product. I appriciate the help I found in this forum and will be at GC first thing in the morning. Maybe GC is going to give me the DVD’s or maybe TT is going to help resolve our issues but the fact remains that I am left wondering. I think the TT web site should have more information in the Product Sales or Download section that explains the process. I wish I would have bought your product directly but I wanted to support my local music store.

Martin

Hi Talus,

same drill for you. Head back to your GC and ask for the discs. Since they sold you the products, Toontrack can not supply you with the discs. Really sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Anonymous
    Inactive

Went back to GC and after going through several people up to the Pro Audio manager, someone eventually said, “Oh, wait, maybe we do have some discs.”  They searched around in the back and found a big black box full of discs.  Without saying “Toontrack support told me you need to give me discs” I don’t think they would have believed me.

Obviously, the training was not done at GC on how to handle this product.  They are treating it as a digital download sale and not as a sale + generic media box.

Now, I’m off to install the rest of the product.  I hope there are only 5 discs.

Thanks for all the help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

ORIGINAL: YttriumMusic

Now, I’m off to install the rest of the product.  I hope there are only 5 discs.

Clarification: 5 Superior discs + 2 EZ discs in the set.

RANDY BURKE
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Martin but giving me drill duty is not the best answer and not a complete answer. The fact remains that there are many customers wondering through the process. I do appreciate and think you are truly sorry however the fact remains that TT has a problem with GC’s.

Went to GC and asked to talk to the manager of pro audio department. Very helpful but still not aware of the process. A few minutes later he returned with the “Black Box” of DVD’s. He said there was a a box of 20 to 30 on a shelf in the back room. Makes me wonder about the other 29 poor souls searching for answers in my area.

Because you make a good product and I do like the support you have given I think I will create an education poster for GC employees to hang on their wall. Simply a communication issue that can be easily resolved. I buy products to make my life easier or to make me happy, not to do someone elses job. Please consider giving out better information on TT’s web site if a customer buys from a local retailer. My time is just as valuable as anyone elses.

Thanks for reading my complaints, my issue is resolved. I will still recommend and buy other products from Toontrack.

RANDY BURKE
    Participant

One more question about the black box of DVD’s that Guitar Center gave me. It doesn’t appear to have the Metal Foundry DVD. My black box included 5, S2.0 disks and 2 other disk that have files for: EZdrummer, EZplayer, Claustrophobic EZX, Twisted Kit EZX, Drumkit from hell EZX, Latin, Vintage and Nashvile EZX. I didn’t load the last 2 disk because I only have purchased online codes for S2.0 and Metal Foundry.

Should I head back to GC for Metal Foundry now?

Martin

Talus,

you must have recieved an old version of the box. Here’s what we’ll do; send an email to rikk(at)toontrack.com explaining your problem briefly and make sure to include your full shipping address and we’ll ship you the box ourselves a.s.a.p. This will probably be more painless and work faster for all parts involved.

Should anyone else with the same problem read this, just follow the procedure above and we’ll fix it for ya.

Our sincere apologies to all you guys out there.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

RANDY BURKE
    Participant

Contacted Rikk and had a reply within a few minutes (wow!). Had a new black box with color graphics from TT on my door step a day later. Everything is working great. I’m sure my wife and neighbors are impressed! Your products are very inspiring. Thanks Rikk, Martin and all of the TT gang for clearing up my issue. Even my local GC is more knowledgeable.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.