No sound in EzMix2

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • carloadmin
    Participant

Sorry, I see this does not work with midi tracks. Can you please refund me? I was looking for a VST instrument plugin and Reaper showed EZmix on one of their official videos and it looked awesome. I did not realize that they did not use a midi file in their demo.

Scott

Hi, I get no sound from Reaper. Using ASIO.  I have a number of midi tracks and normally any VST will work fine. Also downloaded your EZdrummer demo and that works. I have searched everywhere and I cannot find a solution. It shows a yellow bar when playing the midi file when I select an instrument from EZmix. I have checked all midi inputs and outputs and all looks fine. Please help. I have just purchased EZmix today.

How are you using EZmix2? Are you inserting it on an audio track? Sending multiple audio channels to it via and aux bus? Processing a live guitar using it as an amp simulator?

EZmix2 won’t make any sound by itself, it is an effects processor and amp simulator.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

carloadmin
    Participant

No I am not using audio tracks, only a number of midi tracks. Sorry, I thought I could select from a list of VST instruments but now I see it only work on audio tracks. Can you please refund me?

Scott

No I am not using audio tracks, only a number of midi tracks. Sorry, I thought I could select from a list of VST instruments but now I see it only work on audio tracks. Can you please refund me?

It will work on a VST Instrument track also. What VST Instruments are you using? If you have say, EZD2, you can put EZmix2 on the Instrument output channel and process it.

If you need to request a refund and b you purchased from the ToontrackWebshop, you’ll need to contact Toontrack directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-contact-support/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

tdomshlak
    Participant

Hi,

I’m doing something really simple:

1. Export from Guitar Pro a MIDI of my song.
    2. Load the MIDI tracks into REAPER.
    3. Try putting an FX of EZMix2 on any one of the MIDI tracks, with the appropriate effect.

The result is that there is no sound. The EZMix2 is not receiving the MIDI input. All other effects does. Help with this please?

Scott

Hi,

I’m doing something really simple:

1. Export from Guitar Pro a MIDI of my song.
    2. Load the MIDI tracks into REAPER.
    3. Try putting an FX of EZMix2 on any one of the MIDI tracks, with the appropriate effect.

The result is that there is no sound. The EZMix2 is not receiving the MIDI input. All other effects does. Help with this please?

A MIDI track doesn’t produce sound on its own. What sound instrument are you feeding the MIDI to (piano, bass, et al)?

EZmix isn’t a virtual instrument that produces sound. It’s a mixing effect plugin.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

tdomshlak
    Participant

Thanks for replying.

I’m actually, as a professional could probably tell – a total newbie with this.

I have music composed using Guitar Pro, that I want to record and “bring to life” with real sounding instruments.

As I’ve said, I’ve just dragged the MIDI that I’ve exported from Guitar Pro, to REAPER.

It’s something like 4 tracks, strings ensemble, piano, bass, drums…

They have no sounds by default. probably because I need to add each of them a Virtual Instrument as you’ve said?

After providing them with a Virtual Instrument – will I be able to use fully the EZMix effects library to adjust the sounds?

If so – is there a Toontrack product that you could recommend to add a Virtual Instrument?

I’m asking it all as a newbie, and if you could answer it’d be great. If not – all good 🙂

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks for replying.

I’m actually, as a professional could probably tell – a total newbie with this.

I have music composed using Guitar Pro, that I want to record and “bring to life” with real sounding instruments.

As I’ve said, I’ve just dragged the MIDI that I’ve exported from Guitar Pro, to REAPER.

It’s something like 4 tracks, strings ensemble, piano, bass, drums…

They have no sounds by default. probably because I need to add each of them a Virtual Instrument as you’ve said?

After providing them with a Virtual Instrument – will I be able to use fully the EZMix effects library to adjust the sounds?

If so – is there a Toontrack product that you could recommend to add a Virtual Instrument?

I’m asking it all as a newbie, and if you could answer it’d be great. If not – all good 🙂

Thanks!

Toontrack makes a few virtual instruments.

Ezdrummer3

Superior Drummer 3

Ezbass

Ezkeys2

Take some time and browse those products as well as watch product video walk-throughs to see if they fit your needs.

Once you have sounds for your MIDI, you can use Ezmix2 to process the tracks.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: tdomshlak
    tdomshlak
    Participant

That’s amazing. Does Ezkeys2 support also Strings Ensemble (I see that it’s a piano mostly?)? If not, which product does?

Thanks!

Scott

That’s amazing. Does Ezkeys2 support also Strings Ensemble (I see that it’s a piano mostly?)? If not, which product does?

Thanks!

Toontrack doesn’t currently produce a string virtual instrument.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.