No sound in EzMix2

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Scott

How are you using it? Inserted as a plugin in your DAW? Standalone? Are you pluging in your guitar in standalone mode and using it as an amp sim?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Bryan Thompson
    Angelika Kuntz
    Participant

Hi Scott. First I want EZmix 2 open. This also works and then listen to the midis. As it can be seen in your videos or listen to. First of all, without anything else. But there is no sound. Hope google translator makes it right. I’m from Germany and my English is not so good unfortunately. Vile greetings. Thanks for your help. Angelika K.Laugh

Scott

EZmix2 doesn’t produce sounds on it’s own nor does it contain MIDI. It is an effects plugin for use inside your DAW to process audio or MIDI tracks. Or it can be used as an amp sim as standalone or in your DAW. If you just open it in your DAW or in standalone mode, it isn’t going to do anything. You need to use it to process tracks.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Dave Ab
    Participant

I am trying to get sound from my guitar into the EZMIX2 and then out of my amplifier. I am running Windows 10, and am using a Line 6, POD HD500X, which passes the sound from my guitar, which is plugged into the POD, into a USB port on my computer. I have several amplifiers plugged into the POD and have never had a sound issue.

When I go to the EZMIX2 Rack, the only options I get when I go to the Settings, Audio Setup, I have three options:Windows DirectSound, MME or ASIO. No matter what option I choose, I do NOT have an Input Device available for selection. I can choose between Output Devices when I choose Windows DirectSound, which are Realtek Digital Output and Primary Sound Driver, but still no Input DEvcie. Help!

Dave.

Dave Ab
    Participant

Forgot to add… I can hear the metronome through my amplifier when I turn it on, and can turn it off BUT I cannot use the tuner with the above configuration.

Scott

I don’t know anything about the POD unit you have, but you’ll need to check if it is an audio interface. It looks to me like the USB Out isn’t an audio output but a way to edit the parameters in the POD from the computer.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bryan Thompson
    Participant

I have also ensured that my audio device is setup correctly, which it is, but still no sound in standalone mode.  Works perfect in Logic Pro, but not on its own.  Maybe an update is needed?  I am running Catalina OS

Oliver Ersfeld
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same problem on MAC (Mojave, Mac OS 10.14.6, 3,39GHZ Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD). It is just with EZMix2 Standalone Mode! In GarageBand and Reaper (same Audio Settings) it works fine (AU, VST).

In Standalone Mode, I can hear the Metronome, but I have no Input levels (thus neither the Tuner is getting any signal, nor gets my Guitar processed, there is just no input – just like described above by Dave Ab).

Now, everything else is checked and working fine:

EZKeys and EZdrummer work fine, with the same Audio Settings (in/out via interface iconnectAudio4+). Other Amp Simulators also work fine (so no problem with Guitar, Cable, Speakers, Interface). And, as I said, EZMix2 works fine as a PlugIn, again, with same Audio Settings! It’s just EZMix2 in Standalone Mode, that is not getting any Input signal.

I even to re-install the EZMix component (not the PlugIns). Did not help at all. On my MacBook, it works just fine, even when using the same audio interface.

And I also Just tried it with a different Interface (iRig HD, which, again with other AmpSims work just fine). And on my old MacBook Pro i7 2.9GHz 8GB Ram it also works in Standalone Mode without any problem.

Can you please help? Anyone?

Thanks.

Cheers from Cologne, Germany

Oliver

Cliff Cummings
    Participant

Toontrack are you fixing this issue as I have seen no posts to say this has been resolved? I too have EZDrummer, EZBass, EZKeys and EZMix but the only one failing to work in stand alone mode is EZMix the rest are fine. If you are unable to fix it them can you refund me half what I paid for it as only half of it is working.

Scott

Toontrack are you fixing this issue as I have seen no posts to say this has been resolved? I too have EZDrummer, EZBass, EZKeys and EZMix but the only one failing to work in stand alone mode is EZMix the rest are fine. If you are unable to fix it them can you refund me half what I paid for it as only half of it is working.

Can you give details on how you are using EZmix2 in standalone? What interface you are using and how do you have your guitar or bass hooked up? Can you provide screenshots of your device menu and in/out settings in EZmix2? Does EZmix2 work in your DAW but not standalone?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cliff Cummings
    Participant

Sure, I am using a Tascam US-1800 Via USB to my WIN 10 Pro i7 laptop where I use Cubase, I open EZMix in stand alone mode from my desktop, click Settings, Audio Setup and for Audio Device I have:-

• Device Type – MME
    • Input Device – Line in (Tascam US-1800)
    • Output Device – Speakers (Tascam US-1800)
    • Buffer size – I have tried 64, 128, 256 etc
    • Out Channels – Output 1 / Output 2 (I adjust the monitor mixes to listen to the computer signal through a set of headphones)
    • In Channels – Channel Input 10  (which is the instrument jack socket I am using)

As I said before everything else works, it works fine in Cubase and all the other Toontrack products work as stand alone so it can only be one thing, there is an issue with the EZMix software. It is not the audio setup as it works perfectly with everything else. It is not the guitar lead or any other connecting lead, its not the input signal volume control or switching, they are all set correctly.

Regards,

Scott

The only thing I see off there is your Device type should be ASIO and your ASIO Device should be the Tascam. I’m not familiar with the Tascam unit personally but I use an old RME Digiface at 32 sample buffer without problems.

Also, you don’t have Cubase open at the same time as EZMix2 standalone correct?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cliff Cummings
    Participant

I selected the ASIO in device type which gave me an option of US-1800 which I didn’t have before, I still got nothing until clicking “Reset device”, I then got audio with about 1/2 second latency, I then clicked on the “ASIO” button to adjust the latency on the Tascam to its lowest and now everything seems to be working OK.

Cheers all good now

Thanked by: Scott
    Andrzej Rdultowski
    Participant

Hi

I have other problem with EZmix Lite.Plugin forgot my setting.I used it in Reason 10.EZbass,EZkeys,EZDrummer,all work fine.Only Ezmix Lite fixed and changed my setting parameters.

carloadmin
    Participant

Hi, I get no sound from Reaper. Using ASIO.  I have a number of midi tracks and normally any VST will work fine. Also downloaded your EZdrummer demo and that works. I have searched everywhere and I cannot find a solution. It shows a yellow bar when playing the midi file when I select an instrument from EZmix. I have checked all midi inputs and outputs and all looks fine. Please help. I have just purchased EZmix today.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.