need help, Roland TD9 with Superior 2.0

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Platinum Samples
    Participant

To start, in Pro Tools MIDI setup make sure to disable filtering of the poly aftertouch messages (which is the default).

Rail

Professionally Recorded Multitrack Drum Samples
    http://tinyurl.com/26k2xjo
    www.platinumsamples.com

Damian Blunt

The first thing I would do is make sure to try the ‘edrum’ preset. Make sure you have updated Superior to the latest version 2.2.1. Go to the ‘mapping tab’ and at the bottom just above the virtual keyboard you will find the MIDI preset dropdown. Go to MIDI, note mapping, and select the edrum prest from there. After you’ve done this you may also want to try the pedal correction presets found in the same place.

This should get you set up properly. There may or may not be one or two MIDI notes that you have to re-assign manually (floortom rimshot for example).

With regard to getting the full dynamics range out of S2, you shouldn’t have a problem with the TD-9……If the default settings don’t get the desired feel try altering the velocity curves in the mapping window. Select the instrument you want to change by right clicking on it, this will bring up the list of articulations for that instrument to the right of the window. Select the articulation you wish to alter again by right clicking. Go the the velocity curve below and play around by pulling the grab handles up or down until you get the deired response. To give greater mid dynamics you could try an exponential shaped curve first.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

rockmax
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m the one who started this thread under the user name red_sg (had lost my password for my main ”rockmax” account).

Wow, you guys solved both of my problems, thank you so much!! I’ve been trying to find those infos for the last two weeks and wasted so many hours. I should have come here first!

Thanks again, have a good week!

paulreed
    Participant

How did you get it to work? I have a TD-12 and it works fine in Solo but when I open it in Pro Tools as a plug in, it no longer works. With EZ Drummer it worked no problem Solo and in PT. SD 2.0 is just giving me fits.

John

paulreed,

please see my answer to your other post.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.