Midi Database Error

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • John

Hi,

did you install via the Product Manager or previously downloaded image?
    Please close EZdrummer 2 and try running the Toontrack Product Manager to see if it will update and rectify this problem.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Joe Joyce
    Participant

hi there
    same here, installed ezd2 last night and got the same error. installed with the program manager and it says they are all upto date,
    any assistance would be much appreciated

matt
    Participant

i have the same problem, installed everything with the new product manager and it says mismatch of versions between database and plugin… i dont get it, everything is up to date…

Maciej Ławrynowicz
    Participant

i have the same problem, reinstall via PManager did not helpezd-2-mididatabase-error.jpg

JoshL97
    Participant

Im getting the same thing. just installed it, and getting the Midi Database Error. Any known fixes for it yet?

John

Hi,

what happens if you go to the Menu > Advanced > Restore Factory Database?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

fretcruiser
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

what happens if you go to the Menu > Advanced > Restore Factory Database?

The “Restore Factory Database” isnt even lit up for me to press.
    Im having the same issue and I just bought it and installed it just now.

John

Can you please post a screen shot of the entire GUI when you go to the Advanced Menu?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

JC Ventura
    Participant

Here’s mine:

What should I do?

JC Ventura
    Participant

Screen-shot-2016-08-04-at-9.37.27-PM.png

Screen-shot-2016-08-04-at-9.34.50-PM.png

Patrik Wall
    Participant

Hey guys, could you please check a file from the installation to see if that has been updated properly?

For windows users this file is located in
    C:/ProgramData/Toontrack/EZdrummer/Database/02_@EZDRUMMER_2_MODERN#VINTAGE/midiDB

For MAC users it is located in
    Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/Database/02_@EZDRUMMER_2_MODERN#VINTAGE/midiDB

If you check properties of this file it should have a size of 485,376 bytes.

If this is not the case you could try renaming the subfolder “Database” to something else, for example “Database2” and then run the updater again.

Let me know how it works!

Bass player in swedish thrash metal band Defiatory
    www.defiatory.se

Coder at Toontrack
    www.toontrack.com

Thanked by: Jacob
    SpaceGirlTunes
    Participant

@thenewmyers said:

Today I installed EZD2 on a Mac with 10.11.5 and the following error appears:Bildschirmfoto-2016-07-03-um-13.53.23.png

I installed EZD@ on iMac 11,3 Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 and am experiencing exactly the same quandary.

Screen-shot-2016-08-04-at-6.23.30-AM.png

Screen-shot-2016-08-05-at-7.57.10-AM.png

Screen-shot-2016-08-06-at-6.56.34-AM.png

SpaceGirlTunes
    Participant

any help genuinely appreciated… drums sound great – if I could just get past this technical hump! would be awesome.

Scott

Has anybody read and followed Patrik’s advice in his post above?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

The Rocker
    Participant

Hi Scott,, I did read and followed his above post,,

My situation was a little different, possibly..

I had the same midi alert, which we really can’t pass… I re-ran after renaming that file, then as well, again with renaming the “Database Folder”.

Neither fixed it for me, so I reverted to original names, and removed the additional created folder, file,,,

The reason I think mine is different is I went from EZD1 upgrade to EZD2. I lost my library drive and the backup, lol,,
    Not being able to get pass the EZD2 missing Library folder, since the location folder existed, but no data to recognize, it wouldn’t accept the location.
    I downloaded the EZD2 install and extracted, created the location on the new drive and copied the EZDHOME Folder to it.
    Then I ran the same already installed EZD2 application, which gave me the same can’t find library,,, But this time, there was data to accept,,,
    This allowed me to reinstall my EZX’s to desired location…

Now, That is where I got the midi alert,,, when running the application again.

Searched, found this forum, left this page up,,,,
    Looked elsewhere and still found nothing solid…

So, I thought, I will reinstall the EZD2 software, and still got this midi alert… and noticed I did not have the Pads, shaker, tambourine, and claps on the upper right of the main Tab…

So I downloaded the EZD1 and fresh download of EZD2,,, uninstalled, EZD1 and 2 along with the updater app,, (and the Solo app)a
    Installed in sequence the EZD1, it’s updates by date, oldest first.
    Then through to EZD2 the same procedure…

No Midi alert this time and I had the Pads Shaker, Tambourine, and Claps back on the upper right as well,,,
    So I ran the “Check for Updates from the menu, and oddly enough it showed that Rock/Pop file 152 (1.5.2) was the only thing not installed,,,
    I reran that installer, and all is well,,,

I have not used the Product Manager which some may find very useful,,, I’m old school and like to do installs myself…

Hope somehow this helps,
    if not and you guys find it not relevant, let me know and I’ll remove it to stay on task of the OP,,,

Thanks, have fun 😀

Thanked by: Jack 007
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.