Midi Database Error

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • John

Hi,

did you follow Patrik’s advice on page 1?

Hey guys, could you please check a file from the installation to see if that has been updated properly?

For windows users this file is located in
    C:/ProgramData/Toontrack/EZdrummer/Database/02_@EZDRUMMER_2_MODERN#VINTAGE/midiDB

For MAC users it is located in
    Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/Database/02_@EZDRUMMER_2_MODERN#VINTAGE/midiDB

If you check properties of this file it should have a size of 485,376 bytes.

If this is not the case you could try renaming the subfolder “Database” to something else, for example “Database2” and then run the updater again.

Let me know how it works!

Are you using the Toontrack Product Manager to install and manage your Toontrack software?

Which version number is displayed in the EZdrummer 2 interface?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: arnascimento and Benjisax
    peter.power
    Participant

Cant find the database? whats a sub folder?

Thanked by: datprodk2000
    Benjisax
    Participant

It worked!! Renaming the database to database2, download(again) and install the last update , and it  solved the problem! thankyou very much!!

Thanked by: Henrik
    bschelew
    Participant

I had the “Midi Database Error”, read the 33 posts, tried some of the solutions (which didn’t work) and then fixed it by figuring out:

1. What folder/files does EZ Drummer 2 read in to load the midi database?
    2. Where does EZ Drummer 2 look fore this folder/files?

As it turns out:

1. The folder is called Database.
    2. C:/ProgramData/Toontrack/EZdrummer is where EZ Drummer 2 looks for it.

(Note that ProgramData is a hidden file that you need to unhide by highlighting the C Drive:View Tab:Options:View Tab:Check Show Hiden Files)

Since I upgraded from EZ Drummer 1 to the most recent verskion of EZ Drummer 2 and then uninstalled EZ Drummer 1, things got confused a bit.

After I located the Database folder and moved it into C:/ProgramData/Toontrack/EZdrummer, after I loaded EZ Drummer 2, it found the database folder, automatically initialized it and everything works fine now.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanked by: Skulcar
    Spach Lionel
    Participant

Hello,
    Following a change of PC (win10), I reinstalled EZdrummer 2 and of course I have the same database error … I tried the different methods offered without result. The Database file in ProgramDate contains midi files … I don’t know what to do … is there still active support at Toontrack? no correction is proposed?
    Lionel

Kari Kasslin
    Participant

add midi files C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\EZdrummer\midi

Muhammad izdihar
    Participant

Can someone do a video for this with a mac and also windows?

Jack 007
    Participant

Hey guys, could you please check a file from the installation to see if that has been updated properly?

For windows users this file is located in
    C:/ProgramData/Toontrack/EZdrummer/Database/02_@EZDRUMMER_2_MODERN#VINTAGE/midiDB

For MAC users it is located in
    Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/Database/02_@EZDRUMMER_2_MODERN#VINTAGE/midiDB

If you check properties of this file it should have a size of 485,376 bytes.

If this is not the case you could try renaming the subfolder “Database” to something else, for example “Database2” and then run the updater again.

Let me know how it works!

nope, sorry

Wayne Smooth
    Participant

Old I know, but all I did was to uninstall the update, with IObit Uninstaller, its free to use.  It clears out the residual files in the registry also after the uninstall of EzDrummer updater.

Then I went to the downloaded updater file on my PC and reinstalled the update, and hey presto the database was back.

No need to uninstall all of EzDrummer.  Also all your additional packs will still be in EzDrummer

Gommiommi
    Participant

Anybody fix it ????

I have the same problem and my program it’s recently buy : (

KorraDragon
    Participant

I am having the same issue, but I am running 2.1.8 on windows 10 I notice it when I could no longer edit play style.

KorraDragon
    Participant

I waited a while checked the Program Manager and there was something to install. It’s all working again just took some patience 🙂

benicio_sa68
    Participant

Hi.

I fixed it in Win10.

By default, the installer create a Database folder in this path: C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer\Database

EzDrummer2 needs this folder here: C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\EZdrummer\Database

Just copy Database folder from C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer to C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\EZdrummer, and restart application.

It should work.

Thanked by: George78 and boomdjk
    boomdjk
    Participant

Hi.

I fixed it in Win10.

By default, the installer create a Database folder in this path: C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer\Database

EzDrummer2 needs this folder here: C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\EZdrummer\Database

Just copy Database folder from C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer to C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\EZdrummer, and restart application.

It should work.

Thanks a lot, this works for me. 😉

Eimanshahbazi
    Participant

Hi my friends
    I did this method, the problem was solved

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer\Database

copy in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Toontrack\EZdrummer\Database

and copy

C:\ProgramData\Toontrack\EZdrummer\Database

I hope your problem is solved

My ID in Telegram @Faramusic

Thanked by: Daber678 and Belaunde
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.