Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

MacOS X 10.15, Catalina

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Olof

Toontrack will not install on Catalina.  They need to get it together. Or perhaps they could rebrand it as Inferior Uninstallable Drummer.

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)

• This post was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by noztnac.

See https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/cant-install-on-catalina/.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

axe
    Participant

EZdrummer 2 – Pac Catalina 10.15.2 – This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

Using the latest Product Manager 107.

Successfully installed Logic, Amplitube 4, Custom Shop, T-Racks, AXE/IO, Line 6 Helix … Yay!

Drum roll please … oh wait, no drum roll available as Toontrack EZdrummer 2 will not install … bummer no drummer.

It looks like you didn’t download EZD 2.1.8 until after you posted this. It is compatible with Catalina. By the way, lately you have been downloading directly from the website and not through the Product Manager application, not that it would make any difference for the EZD2 installer. But some content installers work better if launched from Product Manager instead of from Finder.

Thanks for the reply.

Drum roll …

I did get EZD2, DFH EZX, EXPlayer Pro, Toontrack Solo working.  Not 100% on the sequence but it appeared that installed EZD got it rolling.  I was able to use Product Manager for some of the others.

Renee Lopez
    Participant

Im sorry I know you’ve answered a lot on this forum but I can’t figure this out. Amy advice is helpful thank you

Renee Lopez
    Participant

To be more specific it won’t let me check that box to install the update

Olof

Im sorry I know you’ve answered a lot on this forum but I can’t figure this out. Amy advice is helpful thank you

In Product Manager, click Show Details under SD3 Library Part 1, open the small menu to the right of the update with the red Install button and select “Open in Finder” from that menu. This ensures that the DMG of the update is mounted. Keep Product Manager running in the background. Open Terminal (located in Applications > Utilities) and paste the following commands there:

cd /Volumes/TT387_Superior3_Library_Update
    ~/Library/Application\ Support/Toontrack/Product\ Manager/Installers/SDXU_1.4.0_22042/Sound\ Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Sound\ Updater

…and press Enter. That should open the updater which will see that the library is installed and will let you install the update.

Coder

Thanked by: Renee Lopez
    Renee Lopez
    Participant

Thank you. Worked perfectly

Dave Toms
    Participant

The Product Manager App won’t run under Catalina.

John

Hi Dave, it should. Please re-download the PM and re-install.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

j0selit0
    Participant

so I tried 1st work around method (moving downloaded files to Toontrack Downloads) and it worked for library 1 but it didn’t work for rest of additional contents. I moved the Toontrack Downloads folder to different location and set correct path via preference of product manager. Moved download.

Nothing worked.

So I tried installing using terminal method and I get following message.

“No such file or directory”

Now What? so do I need to move files to certain directly before copy and paste code to terminal?

Thing is my library part 1 is already installed.

j0selit0
    Participant

Here is the screenshots.

So I did workaround moving folder to different directly and I installed app and part 1 library w updates but from part2 when I click on install, nothing happens. terminal method didn’t work either.

Olof

As I wrote in the other thread, https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/cant-install-sd3-library-part-1-on-macos-catalina/#post-2526082, just restart Product Manager. Then it should work to install part 2.

Coder

Aram Bedrosian
    Participant

Toontrack folks… “Workarounds” aren’t real solutions for software at the price. Catalina has been out for a while now… and frankly, this is unacceptable.

Please ACTUALLY address this in a serious manner; as in there should be a homepage link to an ABSOLUTELY CRYSTAL CLEAR/so easy a two-year-old can understand it explanation of the issue, when you expect it will *actually* be fixed, and a step by step workaround…

having to plow through forums to find answers to this obviously catastrophic issue is ridiculous.

Thanked by: Skibby and Mark Coffin
    Mark Coffin
    Participant

Thank you for posting this, Aram. My thoughts EXACTLY. I recently purchased SD3 and want to upgrade to Catalina to take advantage of the new features, including a second screen on my iPad, but I guess I too will be among the waiting………………………

Still nothing on the homepage or in the release notes.

Pretty horrible that it is nearing three months post Catalina release and this still hasn’t been addressed. But hey, take your time Toontrack dudes.

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)
    Elmer Laan
    Participant

EZ Drummer installed no problem… but EZDrummer packs are not installing on Catalina at least not with the libraries on an external drive.

The following packs won’t install:

• Claustrophic EZX
    • Dream Pop EZX

I have verified that Product Manager has access to external drives (had to have otherwise wouldn’t have installed EZDrummer).

Screenshot-2020-01-03-18.03.35

Olof

New Catalina-compatible installer applications are available now. Just restart Product Manager and they will be used when you install libraries.

Coder

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.