MacOS X 10.15, Catalina

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Olof

Hey Folks at Toontrack!

I just bought Superior Drummer 3 today. I can’t install the library/additional parts of the software on MacOS Catalina. And to be honest for 300 bucks I don’t want a workaround (that doesn’t work). I need a concrete answer for when the software is working as intended. Are you working on an update? Haven’t read a statement on that yet… And yes, the Toontrack Manager and everything is up to date!

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)

• This post was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by ALTMANN.

Yes, we are working on an update for the sound installer. It’s not a quick and easy fix, unfortunately, so I can’t give any ETA.

If you want a working workaround or help to manually install the library (which is not very complicated), please contact support.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thomas Smith
    Participant

Just a note on the Roland compatibility – They now have 10.15 drivers for at least the TD-30 and TD-50 modules.

Daniel.Dust
    Participant

Hello

OS Catalina and newest SD2 updated via product manager (newest version) does not work with Logic on my end. It’s not even showing in AU validator tool even after i deleted the AU Cache file and rescanned everything.

Any help on that?

John

Hi Daniel,

you may have to reboot your Mac for all AU plugins to be recognised properly.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

uollazzi
    Participant

Are you planning to fix the demo version?

Thank you

Olof

Thank you

Of EZdrummer 2? Yes, the new fixed version is expected to be ready and available now on Monday.

Coder

Thanked by: uollazzi and Jeroen663
    Jeroen663
    Participant

I just bought Superior Drummer 2 yesterday day. I can’t install the library/additional parts of the software on MacOS Catalina.

John

Hi Jeroen663,

have you checked out Olof’s replies in this thread (and others here on the Forum) on how to work around the Catalina Sound Installer issue?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Olof

Thank you

Of EZdrummer 2? Yes, the new fixed version is expected to be ready and available now on Monday.

The new demo is up. Let me know if there’s any problem with it.

Coder

uollazzi
    Participant

It works like a charm!

Thank you very much.

bamark
    Participant

I can’t read the link the link that was posted because it requires SD3, so getting my SD2 install to work isn’t happening. I had 2 windows machines crap out on me, so I moved to Mac, and now I can’t use the software at all. Very frustrating.

Olof

I can’t read the link the link that was posted because it requires SD3, so getting my SD2 install to work isn’t happening. I had 2 windows machines crap out on me, so I moved to Mac, and now I can’t use the software at all. Very frustrating.

Then see this thread: https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/cant-install-metal-foundry-wrong-dvd-inserted-macos-catalina/ Different library but same principle.

Coder

Thanked by: bamark
    noztnac
    Participant

Toontrack will not install on Catalina.  They need to get it together. Or perhaps they could rebrand it as Inferior Uninstallable Drummer.

• This post was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by noztnac.
    axe
    Participant

EZdrummer 2 – Pac Catalina 10.15.2 – This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

Using the latest Product Manager 107.

Successfully installed Logic, Amplitube 4, Custom Shop, T-Racks, AXE/IO, Line 6 Helix … Yay!

Drum roll please … oh wait, no drum roll available as Toontrack EZdrummer 2 will not install … bummer no drummer.

Olof

EZdrummer 2 – Pac Catalina 10.15.2 – This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

Using the latest Product Manager 107.

Successfully installed Logic, Amplitube 4, Custom Shop, T-Racks, AXE/IO, Line 6 Helix … Yay!

Drum roll please … oh wait, no drum roll available as Toontrack EZdrummer 2 will not install … bummer no drummer.

It looks like you didn’t download EZD 2.1.8 until after you posted this. It is compatible with Catalina. By the way, lately you have been downloading directly from the website and not through the Product Manager application, not that it would make any difference for the EZD2 installer. But some content installers work better if launched from Product Manager instead of from Finder.

Coder

Thanked by: axe
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.