Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZDrummer 3 Core Library Installation

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Philippe PROT
    Participant

EZX3_EZdrummer3_BrightRoom/Soun installation failed… How to make this installation successful…. Thank you for your help

Operating system: Windows 10
    John

@Doc: the procedure in this EZdrummer 2 FAQ applies to EZdrummer 3 as well:

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/

@Philippe: have you started a Ticket with Toontrack Support? We Forum advisors are not equipped to read and understand dump files, so I would recommend starting one if you haven’t.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

issachar512
    Participant

I purchased EZ Drummer 3 upgrade several months ago but didn’t install it right away because I didn’t hAVE ENOUGH HARD DRIVE SPACE ON MY CURRENT COMPUTER and was waiting to get a new computer, M1 Mac Studio and EZ Drummer 3 was on sale at the time. So now I recently tried to install it and I am getting an alert telling me that the plug-in version 3.0.4 and the version of resources 3.0.6 are not the same. So eZ Drummer 3 won’t boot up! HelpIMG_6630

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    John

Hi,

close Reason and run the 3.0.6 Installer again and click ‘Customise’. Make sure all components are checked and install. Launch Reason again.CustomiseInstall

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jonny b_1
    Participant

I downloaded and have ez drummer 3 running as a stand alone but cannot for the life of me seem to open it in Cubase 9,5 please help

James Rice
    Participant

I am having a problem installing EZ Drummer 3 Core library. I have tried multiple times.

John

Hi James,

what is the problem exactly? Could you please provide screen shots of e.g. error messages? Describe what you are doing and what is happening (or not happening)?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

cfedonczak
    Participant

Hello –

When I start EZDrummer 3, it says “No resources seem to be installed”.

When I first installed the core libraries, it took a long time, even over my 400Mbps network. Then, it said the download was complete, but “access denied”.

Since I wanted this on my E: Drive anyway, I searched the C drive until I found the installed libraries. I moved them to the destination I wanted in the first place, my E: drive.  I just need to know two things:

a) what should my E:\ToonTrack directory structure look like and

b) how do I tell EZDrummer 3 where files are located?

When I check the  Tunetrack Product Manager, it says my two products are installed (EZDrummer 3 and EXDrummer 3 core libraries).
    However, when I check the “Details” for each, the Core Libraries show as “Installed” but the EZDrummer 3 says “Partly Installed, Standalone is not installed”

Recommended Product Improvement – Allow the customer to select the installation location at the start of the installation.  That’s kind of a no-brainer.

Operating system: Windows 11
    John

Hi cfedonzak,

I suspect you clicked past the ‘Customise’ button during installation. Anyways, I would recommend re-installing the latest software update and then make sure to install all parts of the software, including the Standalone.
    When this is done, you should be prompted with a dialog to locate your library when you launch EZdrummer 3 if it isn’t in the expected (Default) location.
    The Default location for the ‘EZdrummer’ content folder on PC would be ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\’. Moving this ‘EZdrummer’ folder to another location with its structure and content intact is the way to do it. Like in this FAQ for EZbass, just switch out ‘EZbass’ for ‘EZdrummer’:
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/can-i-relocate-the-ezbass-sound-library-folder-to-my-external-drive/

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

cfedonczak
    Participant

Hello –
    when I ran the installer I directed it to install on my E drive and the EZDrummer 3 program  was installed in my chosen directory. But the Core files have no such option that I could find and installed on the wrong drive.

1) Please confirm my understanding of your response: Your recommendation is to repeat the same process and hope for a better result.
    2) what about the message in the product manager that said the core libraries were “Access Denied” – this occurred at the end of the core library download process before I moved anything.
    3) also, it is not clear in your response if your installer allows the destination of the entire  installation to be directed to the drive I select or if I still have to move some of the files manually. Can you please clarify.

4) Can you provide documentation on the required directory structure and the way to inform your programs where the files are located?

thank you for your prompt response –

John

1) Please confirm my understanding of your response: Your recommendation is to repeat the same process and hope for a better result.

No hope involved but you seemed to want all components of the software installed, since you wrote it was partially installed, so re-running the installer and making sure all components are checked in the Customise page would get you there.

2) what about the message in the product manager that said the core libraries were “Access Denied” – this occurred at the end of the core library download process before I moved anything.

This puzzles me a bit, did you download and then directly move the files? Did you not run the Core Library Installer? The ‘Access Denied’ is also strange, could you please change your ‘Downloads’ location in the Product Manager Preferences to e.g. your Desktop and re-download the Core Library Installer, then run the Installer?

3) also, it is not clear in your response if your installer allows the destination of the entire  installation to be directed to the drive I select or if I still have to move some of the files manually. Can you please clarify.

The Software will always be installed to your system drive but the Sound library and MIDI repository can be installed (or moved) to an external location.

4) Can you provide documentation on the required directory structure and the way to inform your programs where the files are located?

When moving the ‘EZdrummer’ folder, you need to have its structure and content intact when pointing the software to it. It does not matter if it’s placed in the root of your drive or in a subfolder. If the ‘EZdrummer’ folder’s subfolders and content is compromised, my recommendation is to un-install/delete it and re-install the Core Library.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

luigicarlo95
    Participant

I recently tried to install it and I am getting an alert telling me that the plug-in version 3.0.4 and the version of resources 3.0.6 are not the same. So eZ Drummer 3 won’t boot up! Help. I have windows 11.

davidor9200
    Participant

Why is this happening?

Operating system: Windows 10
    Woggsinatl
    Participant

Hi, I just installed EZDrummer3 and I only have 1 Kit instead of the 7 that are supposed to be in the core library. Everything is installed and authorized in Product Manager. Should I re-install?

Thanks

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    John

I recently tried to install it and I am getting an alert telling me that the plug-in version 3.0.4 and the version of resources 3.0.6 are not the same. So eZ Drummer 3 won’t boot up! Help. I have windows 11.

Hi, late reply, sorry.

This tends to be the result of moving or copying the VST .dll file post installation, which means the updater doesn’t update the .dll file being picked up by your host (since it can’t know about the move/copy operation). The Library, on the other hand, is found by the updater and then you get an updated Library but your moved/copied .dll file is still the older one, hence the mismatch and error message.

Best practice is always to point your host software to the location of the VST .dll file, or you will always have problems like this.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.