Ezdrummer 2 does not let me change ASIO settings!

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Bobby5493
    Participant

I’m at work now, but when I get out around 3 I’m gonna try this immediately! As of now my set up was simply to plug in a USB cable from my Roland Td-17 straight to the computer. I went to the settings on my Roland module and set it to vendor, and did that stuff to get that to work. But for me to connect my scarlet , I’m guessing I’ll have to connect a USB from my pc to the scarlet, then to connect the Td-17 to the scarlet, I’ll have to get a midi cable I believe? , I’ll look at some videos. But you think that will help with the latency? Like I said im going to try this as soon as I can.  Thank you

Bobby5493
    Participant

I’m at work now, but when I get out around 3 I’m gonna try this immediately! As of now my set up was simply to plug in a USB cable from my Roland Td-17 straight to the computer. I went to the settings on my Roland module and set it to vendor, and did that stuff to get that to work. But for me to connect my scarlet , I’m guessing I’ll have to connect a USB from my pc to the scarlet, then to connect the Td-17 to the scarlet, I’ll have to get a midi cable I believe? , I’ll look at some videos. But you think that will help with the latency? Like I said im going to try this as soon as I can.  Thank you

Scott

I have no experience personally with the Scarlet interface. However, well written ASIO drivers does help with latency performance, yes. It’s, of course, worth a try as you already have the interface.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bobby5493
    Participant

So unfortunately it looks like the scarlet 2i2 interface, which is what I own, does not come with Midi connections (After Research). So I don’t think I’ll be able to use that. I’ll probably have to get a another audio interface that comes with midi ports. But for now, do you know if there is another Asio driver I can download? Like I said I downloaded the Asio4all v2. So I have that.  ? Thank you

Scott

So unfortunately it looks like the scarlet 2i2 interface, which is what I own, does not come with Midi connections (After Research). So I don’t think I’ll be able to use that. I’ll probably have to get a another audio interface that comes with midi ports. But for now, do you know if there is another Asio driver I can download? Like I said I downloaded the Asio4all v2. So I have that.  ? Thank you

Your TD17 should send MIDI over USB. The Scarlet connects via USB also correct? They can be run separately and don’t have to be plugged into one another. Does your computer have 2 USB ports? Plug each into a separate port. Set the MIDI interface in EZD2 to the TD17. Set the audio outputs as the Scarlet and set the buffer size.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bobby5493
    Participant

Haha, unfortunately I don’t believe my lap top has 2 USB ports. I’ll off course double check when I get home. But just to make sure Asio4all v2 is the correct asio driver right? It gives me the best chance.  Thanks man

Scott

Haha, unfortunately I don’t believe my lap top has 2 USB ports. I’ll off course double check when I get home. But just to make sure Asio4all v2 is the correct asio driver right? It gives me the best chance.  Thanks man

Yes, ASIO4ALL would be the best choice barring an interface.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bobby5493
    Participant

Hey Scott, really appreciate the help today! So what im doing is, I’m going to buy a USB Splitter Device to connect to my pc so I can plug in two USB cables. Then I’ll do what you said, and hopefully that works. If I have any other questions is it ok to reach back out? Thanks

Scott

Hey Scott, really appreciate the help today! So what im doing is, I’m going to buy a USB Splitter Device to connect to my pc so I can plug in two USB cables. Then I’ll do what you said, and hopefully that works. If I have any other questions is it ok to reach back out? Thanks

Of course. That’s why I’m here 🙂

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bobby5493
    Participant

Hey Scott just want to update you! Worked like a charm dude!! Thank you ! All I had to do was buy a usb splitter (only like 15 dollars).  which allowed me to plug the 2 USB cords in. Then I just followed your steps, I put the buffer/ Latency Slider all the way to the lowest amount.  And no latency and most of all NO AUDIO CRACKS/ GLITCHES Haha. It worked.  So yea my pc obviously couldn’t handle it, and that’s where the scarlet 2i2 came into play.  Awesome, thanks again! Im for sure going to buy EZ drummer after the trial!

Thanked by: Scott
    Bobby5493
    Participant

I’m trying to get the clicky sound of the snare rim mapped on my roland td-17kv . As of now its just a snare rim shot.  I know it’s there, when I click the rim with the mouse its that clicky sound that you would use in some scenarios with beats.  I’m trying to map that to my drums. Probably just put that on the rim. Do you know anything about that. Thank you

Scott

I’m trying to get the clicky sound of the snare rim mapped on my roland td-17kv . As of now its just a snare rim shot.  I know it’s there, when I click the rim with the mouse its that clicky sound that you would use in some scenarios with beats.  I’m trying to map that to my drums. Probably just put that on the rim. Do you know anything about that. Thank you

Select the kit piece menu and the click Details. This lists all the articulations for the selected kit piece. It also displays the note number mapping. Adjust your TD17 mapping accordingly.

Redirect

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Hugo Sørli
    Participant

I tried the suggestion over, and fallowed that link. I have focusrite 6i6 second gen, newest driver 3.5 or something. It will always revert it self back to 41.1 kHz sample rate, no matter what. I have never seen anything like this in any other plugins/app, only ez drummer 2 and ez keys.

So its like this with both ez key and ez drummer 2.

With Superior Drummer 3 and EZ Bass its just fine, you can change to whatever in stand alone, no problem.

I also tried going back to other sound drivers, it do the same, revert back instant to 41.1kHz. This is kind of frustrating, and if you use other guitar sims it revert everything back to 41.1kHz because ez keys and ez drummer 2 rule that settings in stand alone.

In daw there is no problem. So solution is you can only use this in daw.

Thanked by: brek
    Scott Slape
    Participant

I am having the same issue with EZ Drummer 2 standalone and sample rate. It caused a blue screen error when I opened an instance when I have my Scarlett 18i8 3rd gen set at 48khz sample rate and running other audio programs on Windows 10. It will not allow me change the sample rate, like it’s locked at 44.1. I am using the Focusrite ASIO driver and have no problems with Studio One or other programs like guitar sims. No issues with SD3 standalone either, and I am able to use EZD 2 within my DAW at other sample rates.

BillHawkins
    Participant

I do not see this as having been resolved and am having the same issue with Sample Rate locked to 44.1. If I close EZ Drummer and set the rate in my system it works fine until I reopen EZD, at which point a notification comes up telling me that my asio driver has been reset to 44.1. That makes EZD an in-DAW only app and kind of sucks. Is anyone at Toontrack working on this? I dropped almost $500 into the program and packs and would like to see it work the way it should.

Thanks.

Bill

Thanked by: brek
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.