Ezdrummer 2 does not let me change ASIO settings!

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • seanmichaels
    Participant

Have you checked your Windows sound settings? I have had this exact issue before when my software was set to 44.1kHz and Windows 10 was set to 48kHz.

1. Right-click the speaker in the taskbar
    2. Click ‘Sounds’
    3. Right-click ‘Speakers’ and choose ‘Properties’
    4. Under ‘Advanced’ make sure the sample rate is the same of EZ Drummer.

Best of luck!

Another thought, are you using an audio interface with EZ Drummer?

Eric Samson
    Participant

I have the same kind of issues with a recent Focusrite 2i4:

• sometimes audio system is lagging
    • I cannot change the ASIO settings, I’m stuck on 44100Hz frame rate

Seems EZDrummer is not fully compatible with Focusrite 2i4 ASIO driver, or the opposite, I don’t know.

Would be great if someone from ToonTrack could align with Focusrite engineering, who is a clear leader in entry level USB 2 audio interfaces.

John

@erix:

Please read this post if the solution posted by Olof applies to you as well:

Cannot change ASIO buffer size in standalone SD3: fixed at 256.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Eric Samson
    Participant

Hi John,

Apparently, I cannot access this thread because I don’t own a Superior Drummer 3 software (I’m using EZDrummer 2).

Here is the message I get when I try to access the link you posted:
    <p class=”color-text-ezdrummer”>Superior Drummer 3 is required to read and reply to this thread.</p>
    Any chance you can copy / paste the solution proposed here?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Eric.

Henrik
    Participant

Here’s the answer from that thread:

Try this: Open the ASIO control panel from SD3, set buffer size to for example 32, close ASIO control panel, change from ASIO to any other device type so that a menu for buffer size appears, set the buffer size to 32 (and there is no need to press Apply or anything), switch back to ASIO device type, click OK. It should then always default to 32. This procedure won’t be necessary after next SD3 update (but we have no ETA for that).

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Eric Samson
    Participant

Thanks Henrik. My problem is not changing the buffer size, but to change frame rates.

John

Yes but I was curious to know if doing it the same way could make any difference for you, switching device type and/or device then changing rate and switching back.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Eric Samson
    Participant

Hi John,

Understood.

So, I tried it and… it does not change anything. Frame rate always reverts to 44.1Khz.

BR, Erix.

Thanked by: ja_cote
    ja_cote
    Participant

Heya – just FYI, I too have a Scarlett…I have the 2i2, and can confirm same issue for EZ Keys AND EZ Drummer, and I do know my way around sound config in windows, ASIO panel, etc…definitely a bug.  Like you suggested, compatibility with Focusrite Scarlett’s would be my thoughts….You ever resolve?  Works OK inside my DAW, thankfully, still annoying.

Bobby5493
    Participant

Hey guys, how you doing.  So I’m having the problem when I lower the buffer slider to get no latency. It’s working, but my audio is now cracking and skipping.  I have a pretty decent laptop pc. That I literally only use for music.  Is the reason for that Audio glitch after i adjust the latency slider because of my pc? Do i need a stronger pc or Is there something else I can do to have very low latency and no audio glitch? Thank you

Scott

Hey guys, how you doing.  So I’m having the problem when I lower the buffer slider to get no latency. It’s working, but my audio is now cracking and skipping.  I have a pretty decent laptop pc. That I literally only use for music.  Is the reason for that Audio glitch after i adjust the latency slider because of my pc? Do i need a stronger pc or Is there something else I can do to have very low latency and no audio glitch? Thank you

Can you give us your computer specs? Are you running a good quality ASIO sound device or lower quality built-in sound card?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bobby5493
    Participant

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply! So the Asio Driver was already on my pc. I didn’t do anything it was there.  But then after I watched a video , i downloaded the Asio4all V2 driver.  I’m still having the same problem. Under audio devices in Ez Drummer app, whether I do my Td-17 as the device or Asio4allv2  as my device (Both Work) when I adjust the slider to the lowest which takes away the latency, I then unfortunately get the glitchy audio/ skips/ Cracks.  Thank you

Scott

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply! So the Asio Driver was already on my pc. I didn’t do anything it was there.  But then after I watched a video , i downloaded the Asio4all V2 driver.  I’m still having the same problem. Under audio devices in Ez Drummer app, whether I do my Td-17 as the device or Asio4allv2  as my device (Both Work) when I adjust the slider to the lowest which takes away the latency, I then unfortunately get the glitchy audio/ skips/ Cracks.  Thank you

That’s always the balance. Latency performance vs. Audio crackle. What is the lowest setting? Can you bump it up a notch. You may need a pro interface of all else fails with the built in sound card.

I use an RME interface and run at a 32 sample buffer when tracking MIDI on my old Windows 7 machine without issues.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bobby5493
    Participant

Hey Scott thanks for the reply again ! So yea I was messing around with the buffer slider and Yea there is definitely a way for me to bump it up so I don’t get the crackle, but a little bit more latency.  There is definitely a balance.  I was just hoping to get like no latency if possible to make it easier to record to songs.  Im new to this Haha. When you say a pro interface what does that mean? I have a Scarlet 2i2 . Would that work? I would need a midi cable to connect to that tho, correct? You think that would work? Thanks for your help

Scott

The interface would be for monitoring the audio out from your computer (EZD2). Select the Scarlet as the audio interface in the EZD2 audio menu. How is the TD17 connected for MIDI? You should be able to leave that the way it is in the MIDI settings.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for the Scarlet.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.