EZD2 – Kick Bleed into Snare

Studio Corner
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

Here is one solution apart from buying SD2 which they would also like you to do.
    Needs some midi editing chops but there is also a way round that too as follows.

Run a 2nd instance of EZD2 and copy/duplicate the midi for both then mute ALL but the Snare on the 2nd instance.
    not just mute the mic. also unloading the snare on first instance saves ram but personally also like to get the midi right even delete the muted stuff if confident.
    Or
    Run a 2nd instance of EZD2 and duplicate the midi for both but unload the whole kit and reload just the snare on the 2nd instance.
    also mute the snare midi on the first instance not just mute the mic, unload that un used snare too

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Or just choose Original Mix and set the Snare Bleed to 0.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

tron_1
    Participant

@juicy said:

Here is one solution apart from buying SD2 which they would also like you to do.
    Needs some midi editing chops but there is also a way round that too as follows.

Run a 2nd instance of EZD2 and copy/duplicate the midi for both then mute ALL but the Snare on the 2nd instance.
    not just mute the mic. also unloading the snare on first instance saves ram but personally also like to get the midi right even delete the muted stuff if confident.
    Or
    Run a 2nd instance of EZD2 and duplicate the midi for both but unload the whole kit and reload just the snare on the 2nd instance.
    also mute the snare midi on the first instance not just mute the mic, unload that un used snare too

thanks, not the work around i was hoping for by using two instances to EZD2, but i can see how that would work. i’ll have to try it out.

tron_1
    Participant

@Olle said:

Or just choose Original Mix and set the Snare Bleed to 0.

not sure if i follow, could you explain a little more please?

thanks man

Henrik
    Participant

If you select the Original Mix preset for the EZX (from the big orange menu in the top right corner of EZdrummer 2) you can control the bleed levels for different channels. If you turn down “Snare” on the knob (in the blue effect rack named Mic Bleed at the bottom of the mixer), the bottom snare mic won’t pick up any sounds from the other drums Smile

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

tron_1
    Participant

@Henrik said:

If you select the Original Mix preset for the EZX (from the big orange menu in the top right corner of EZdrummer 2) you can control the bleed levels for different channels. If you turn down “Snare” on the knob (in the blue effect rack named Mic Bleed at the bottom of the mixer), the bottom snare mic won’t pick up any sounds from the other drums Smile

I’ll have to look closer when I get back home. I did find a “Mic Bleed” effect section at the bottom of one of the kits I was playing with the routing on…. but to my surprise, the two knobs on the thing didn’t do anything to the mic bleed of the kick into the snare drum. Also, the mic bleed effect seemed to be a global things as it wouldn’t change values when I switched between mixermic channel to channel.

I did come across one kit that had a high snare and bottom snare…. the high snare did not have the bleed from the kick that the low snare did. But at that point if I just used the high snare in an attempt finally get a clean snare, it would just end up in giving me some weightless snare that wasn’t doing me much good for my style of drums I produce.

I don’t really understand why any of the hits have bleed when being routed to separate channels really… I get that the kits would have bleed when the kits are within the ezdrummer vst alone (acting like a “room”). But the whole point in sending them to separate channels with a DAW would be to work with them solo and process just that sound. The overhead and room mic being routed out could add back in the realistic room sounds (reverb, air, bleed, etc). Maybe I’m just missing the big picture here. I’ve used Addictive Drummer a lot in the past and was able to rout the snare just fine with no kick bleed right off the bat. I decided to give ezdrummer a shot because it was installed on a PC in a studio I work at sometimes and thought maybe it would have some advantages over AD (like mixer channels for cymbals or other things). I’m not giving up on it yet though, just hope I fix these routing bleed issues quick.

Phenix 2
    Participant

i tried with the bleed settings but no change at all

i am looking for a raw snare

the most natural with ezx

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Tonefinder
    Participant

So Ollie, forum crew member- We have to select Original mix to have control over kick bleed in our snare?  Because there are umpteen other presets, which all sound COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than one another (and different than Original mix).  But you’re just casually telling us we’re stuck with a SINGLE preset mix, like it’s not big deal?

Am I missing something?  We want control over mic bleed in ALL of our presets mixes.

John

Am I missing something? We want control over mic bleed in ALL of our presets mixes.

Hi, full control over bleed in all microphones is a Superior Drummer 3 feature, not an EZDrummer 2 feature.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

William Hartmann
    Participant

Henrik, Using the Original Mix present was life-changing for me.  It was driving me nuts to have bleed when I thought all the bleed was off.

THANK YOU.

–Konrad

Thanked by: Henrik
    matthew zarudenec
    Participant

Thanks so much, the “originial mix” is a great fix to this problem.

ArturNoubel
    Participant

Hi Henrik,

These are good thoughts, have been looking for this information for a long time , glad to join your community.

Thank, ArturNoubel

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.