Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

[DESIGN] Piezo-Piezo to Piezo-Switch Adaptor (by Keith Raper)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • JULIO HENRIQUE
    Participant

estou tendo dificuldades para fazer o PCB Switch Adaptor… alguém poderia me ajudar¿

Chris Turton
    Participant

can anyone post a more dteailed picture of how they have made this circuit, I am trying to make an ekit cymbal using this for a 2-zone. I’ve got one of the piezos working (te one which connects straight onto it) but have tried all kinds of variations on what I can see in that circuit but can’t seem to get it working, I have no previous experience so the more help the better, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks

AJOMuse
    Participant

No success with the piezo-switch (KRC) design on my Alesis DM10. Works with my DIY piezo-real switch.
    I’m using a 2N5961 instead of a BC337, could that be an issue ? (there supposed to be equivalent).

Also I’d like to know how a hard hit on the rim is received differently than a pinch.

Lastly, elrules put a link to a Vdrum post which he says helped him. The link doesn’t work unfortunately. Is it possible to check ?

Thanks

AJOMuse

flashback_1
    Participant

@tazinnuedo said:
    does someone can tell me what is a schottky diode please???? is there a schematic about the new circuit with udpates? because i’m bad and i don’t understand where i have to insert a jumper…  ( the jumper is here to shorcut  one of the diodes???right???)

does the last photo represent the first schematic or the second???  i’m not sure but there there ‘s a lot af componant into the box and the second schematic no…

francois  

Hi tazinnuedo – you can use a 1N34A germanium diode in place of the Schottky diode. Schottky diodes exist primarily because of very fast reverse recovery time – useful in switching power supplies and class D audio amplifiers. They tend to have a lower forward voltage than silicon diodes but the germanium 1N34A does better at the lower forward currents such as exist in the Raper circuit.

KaeptnBlaubaer
    Participant

Hello together, I use the AUX part from the second circuit (yellow piezo) to use a trigger bass drum pad on an drum modul which normally have only a switch pedal for the bass drum. The circuit works very well, but if I make smooth kicks the sensivity is a bit to low and some kicks don´t give a sound. How can I increase the sensitivity of these circuit? I tried to use a potentiometer for R1 to adjust the resistance, but it doenst help. How can I improve?
    To get more sensitivity must I decrease R1 and increase R2?
    Thank you for your help.

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.