Best E Drum Kit for Superior Drummer 3

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • DigitalMD
    Participant

Impossible to say because the terms “disaster” and “bad” provide no information about your actual problem.  If you would actually provide some information then people might be able to help. I’ve used SD3 with virtually every major vendors modules and pads and find no problems. Each is different and requires some configuration but generally fast and easy.

DigitalMD
    Participant

HELP!! Okay, let me give you my situation. I’m running an Avid MTRX, etc., high end stuff…guitars, basses, mandolins, organs, keyboards, lots of fun things. Now I’m fairly decent with about every other instrument out there but I’ll confess – I suck at drumming. I use SD3 with every expansion kit. I love it but my drums feel awkward and cumbersome to play. or I’ll hit my kick and my ride or crash will go off – drives ME nuts.

I eventually purchased a bunch of used Roland V-pads/cymbals….DIY approach. I just wanted to cut costs = Disaster. I also wanted a drum set with lots of capabilities (i like my rides and toms with up to 14 trigger inputs on the module/trigger I/O). So I bought a Pearl Mimic Pro thinking great….lots of trigger inputs – TOTAL disaster. I purchased the Alesis Strike Pro Module (NOT the set just the module) and it literally is SO bad – that is the trigger inputs, it makes those archaic d-drum red trigger I/Os look professional. I’m wondering if the used Roland pads I bought are all just worthless and defective??

So…..Alesis Strike Pro SE set or the bank-breaker Roland set? Any other ideas? If anyone out there can lend a helping hand I’d appreciate it greatly. Thanks folks. – Ryan.

Impossible to say because the terms “disaster” and “bad” provide no information about your actual problem.  If you would actually provide some information then people might be able to help. I’ve used SD3 with virtually every major vendors modules and pads and find no problems. Each is different and requires some configuration but generally fast and easy.

fussybritches
    Participant

Hi, just found this thread and wondering what the latest opinions are.

My criteria ranked most to least important:

Ease of integration with SD3

Capacity to make use of SD3’s sounds and detail

Price

(distant fourth) Included sounds

If there’s a kit that stands far above all others in integration with SD3 and with which SD3 sounds especially good, I’ll consider buying regardless of price.

Better news would be that there are several/many kits that work equally well with SD3, but that differ greatly as to quality of onboard sounds.

Thanks

Craig Hlady
    Participant

Just saw this thread as I am curious about the DDrum Ddi module as well with SD3 from any users  and how well that works and if it would be any better than what I currently have for my purposes  . I already have a  an old Roland TD3 with some Hart drum kit  with mesh heads  that works fairly well but  had some issues with the sensitivity. I have no interest in internal sounds as I have many Toontrack kits as well other Drum / percussion VIs that I want to use this with .

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.