Anyone having problems with EZ drumer DEMO crashing pro tools 11 OS X Mavericks ?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • jerry
    Participant

Same problem here. I will not purchase this. Seems I’ve learned all I need to know about this product.

Saucy
    Participant

I tried to use the EZ drumer Demo this week and it crashed Pro Tools every time I selected it in the plug in menu. I am able to demo BFD3, Battery4, and Addictive Drums with no problems but hesitated on buying SD2 at my local store because the demo for EZ won’t work yet. I am interested in SD2 but have to say having heard a full version of BFD2 next door and being kind of blown away, I was wondering if I should just buy BFD3 because it works.
    I managed to Un install the EZ drummer demo and would like to give it another shot if I can find out what the problem was or is. Is the EZ drummer demo suffering a set back with some bugs or compatability with this?:

Macbook Pro Late 2011 15″ OSX 10.10.3
    2.5 GHz Intel
    8 GB memory

PT 11.3.1

eufemistic
    Participant

I contacted their support department last week. They did not really seem too interested in resolving the issue. They sent me this odd workaround, but I’m not interested in a workaround. If it doesn’t work properly in the demo, I’m not going to bother buying it.

Here’s the end of that exchange:
    Toontrack Support (Toontrack)
    Apr 21, 5:01 PM

Hi,

There is a workaround suggested that may help. Did you try the workaround presented in the thread for the other issue?

Perhaps you could navigate to “~/Library/Application Support/Toontrack/EZdrummer” (you can use “Go to Folder” in Finder’s “Go” menu because Library is hidden and enter this: ~/Library) and see if it helps if you temporarily move away or rename the folders UserPresets and PresetsEZX – or even that whole EZdrummer folder.”

eufemistic
    Apr 21, 5:08 PM

I tried to locate that folder but no such path exists on my computer. It’s very confusing.

Apr 22, 9:39 AM

Hi,

The location for the file is hidden.

The “User” Library folder is hidden in OS 10.7 and above, so an easy way to get to this folder is to click (from the finder menu at the top of the screen) Go > Go to folder > ~/Library.

Best Regards,
    Toontrack Music
    http://www.toontrack.com

LeeN_NLT
    Participant

Hi There guys,

I’m experiencing a similar issue …

EZD Demo Crashes Pro Tools 11 on Yosemite.

John

Hi guys,

it seems that the current EZdrummer DEMO AAX is broken on Mac. The standalone and all other formats are OK. Windows AAX also.
    I have no ETA on a fix but will post here when I know.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

For clarity’s sake, as a user, I have to strongly testify that the FULL version of EZDrummer2 AAX works marvelously on Mac.
    (I have never installed the demo and claim no knowledge of its fair use or limitations.)

variantboy
    Participant

Hello –
    i’m checking back on this thread that i started a month or so back. I am somewhat comforted to know that I was/am not the only one to experience this with my system. Coincidentally, In the last month or so, I decided it was long overdue for me to get a new Mac, so I sold the old one and bought a new 15″ macbook pro, with 16GB of memory.

After getting set up with my known-to-work software, just out of curiosity, i tested that EZ drummer demo – and the same issue happened. I see the above post stating that there is a known issue with the mac AAX demo….

i’m wondering if there is an ETA on a fix for this. I have been working in Logic with their drummer plugin and it’s nice.. but I am still hoping that i might get to try EZ drummer integrated into Pro Tools – as i am most experienced in that platform.

would love to hear an update.

thanks

masonh
    Participant

Also having a crash issue with the EZ Drummer DEMO on Mac. I too have tried the user config workaround proposed – didn’t work.
    Is there an ETA yet for fixing this?

OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    8 GB RAM / Late 2009 model

PT 11.3.1

D76
    Participant

I can’t even get started. The demo install.  As soon as I select a destination it says “not enough resources for the task” what is that?

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.