Alesis Nitro kit won’t Trigger in EZDrummer

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Olof

In Settings > Audio/MIDI Setup > MIDI Device, have you ticked the checkbox next to the device?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

eruth26
    Participant

Yes, his device is selected, plugged in, and we chose Alesis as the midi mapping. It just won’t trigger.

Olof

I asked that because it’s a common mistake to just select the line instead of checking the checkbox.

Hm, otherwise I don’t know… What OS is this on? Do you have any other host to try it in, for example GarageBand if on Mac, if it receives any MIDI from the kit?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

eruth26
    Participant

He’s using Waveform and it’s on Windows 10. We also have protools but he doesn’t like that system as much so everything we’ve learned is on Waveform. He just mostly wants to be able to trigger the kits in EZD with his electric kit instead of hearing everything after he recorded it by using a plugin.

namisloc
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issue.  I’ve used this same kit on my laptop with garageband, but I’m getting no signs of life from EZD2.  I can confirm that the device shows up under MIDI, it’s checked and all seems good to go, but when I play.. nothing.

churl
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. EZ Drummer won’t trigger with my Alesis Nitro kit

cougarbreath
    Participant

Also experiencing this.

Gsswenson
    Participant

I am having the same issue…Please help!!!

cougarbreath
    Participant

Was able to fix mine by using a different USB plug on my computer. I’m sure that won’t solve for everyone.

couichi
    Participant

I have the same issue. I’m using windows 10 and studio one and my Alesis nitro is connected with usb.

I’ve configured EZdrummer 2 app following a youtube video instruction but no response.

I’ve updated my audio interface (Yamaha AG03)’s driver to the latest for ASIO, but still no improvement.

I have a MacBook pro(Catalina) so I tried the same with it. It worked perfectly fine in that environment.

couichi
    Participant

I just solved my problem. It was the usb hub that I was using that caused the problem. I had installed an usb card months ago so I changed the connection from the hub to that usb card then it suddenly started to work!

The odd thing was alesis nitro was visible from EZdrummer 2 before but it just couldn’t stay checked on. Maybe not enough electricity to power it on?

Anyway if your setting doesn’t work try usb with a power supply. My Mac also uses a usb hub but it has an AC supply so I guess that’s why it worked.

Paul6969
    Participant

Im having this same issue suddenly this morning. Everything is hooked up correctly, I havent touched a thing and woke up to play and Now its not playing through ez drummer.

It has been fine for weeks.

To reitterate-I havent touched anything. NOTHING.  I was playing all day and night, shut everything down and this morning now it doesnt work. Ez drummer works “manually” with the mouse, but when I hit the Alesis the animations show up like I trigger it, but its 90% the alesis sound coming out and you can barely hear easy drummer. The sounds are there but theyre barely audible

ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, powered usb hub, chanting in the rain, sacrificing a goat and nothing is working

EDIT – Kittens. It was sacrificing kittens.
    So after the tenth restart, it works now. Super excited near $200 software is not reliable.

ciolinovincent
    Participant

I’m having the same problem on an Alesis command x.  The only time I hear the EZ samples is when I record what I am playing

Davidmexican
    Participant

I am also having the same isse with. EZ recognizes my Alesis Nitro but does not sound. I have changed USB ports and did followed most of the YT tutorials but cant make it work. Is there any other software like EZ Drums I can try instead? OS is windows.

pianodood
    Participant

Same issue here, everyone. As of December 13th, I get setup per instructions, I tap my HH once and hear it through EZD2, then when I sit to play..nothing. I’ve unplugged, replugged, moved USB ports. I ordered a powered usb hub and that’ll be my last shot at this. I’m glad I am working with the 10 day demo, rather than spending the money only to find this won’t work.

I hope there is a resolution near, I really like this product. 🙁

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.