godprobe
Participant
Topics Started: 5
Replies Created: 211
Has Thanked: 0
Been Thanked: 3
I’m not sure how picky you are, but the closest samples I could find to what I *think* you’re looking for would be in one of the following…
Vintage Rock EZX
– the Zildjian K Ride with either sticks or brushes seems to ring pretty nicely
Twisted Kit EZX
– if you’re really just looking for *anything* that’ll purely ring like crazy, the Cake Pan, Metal Plate, or Spoxe do that quite well
– the Spoxe Hats in the fully open position also get pretty close, but tinkle a slight amount more as the rims hit each other
The Classic EZX
– the 22″ Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride in this set is *very* close in timbre to your sample, imho. There is a bit of the ride edge, but I don’t know if it would be too much for your drummer’s taste.
Drumkit From Hell EZX
– 22″ Sabian HH Power Bell Ride… it’s pitched very differently from your sample, but has a strong ring (again, a bit of ride edge, but since the hits are much stronger than your sample, it may be a negligible amount at lower velocities)
…I think my pick out of those would probably be The Classic EZX. Maybe/hopefully other people who own one or more of these libraries could also listen to your sample and compare to my picks and give you some more input.
WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/
ORIGINAL: Cytem
[…] What would Toontrack have to lose by adding the ability to edit/map out grooves? […]
Just to drop a practical answer to that question: time. Think of all the other not-so-redundant things that might be done with the dev and support time it would take to create and maintain a full-featured MIDI editor within the plug-in.
WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/
updated 2011.08.20 – version 1.04
– fixed a minor EZX Claustrophobic “renamed” mistake
– fixed extra entries in SDX Custom & Vintage “unique” and “minimal”
– added EZX Metalheads
– added EZX Number 1 Hits
http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/
WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/
Actually, just bought the Metalheads EZX from them yesterday.
Opted for a boxed version, and have a tracking number already.
Communication has been good and I have no reason to not trust them thus far. Check all of their recent feedback (I did) — it’s pretty darn positive.
The current low prices in general seem to be a promotion going on for all of the EZXes among other things at multiple vendors. Take advantage of it!
And while I’m at it… also had a good eBay purchase from Ear2Track (nearly instant serial delivery there!).
WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/
Missed the deal?
Don’t forget to select
your free product!
The free product is included with
your purchase.
Your cart is empty.
Get all the latest on new releases,
updates and offers directly to your inbox.
Note: By clicking the 'I WANT IN' button, you will not be creating a Toontrack user account. You will only sign up to get our newsletters, offers and promotions to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time from a link at the bottom of each email. If you want to learn more about our privacy policy, please find detailed information here.
