why can’t we enlarge/size window?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • ThomasWCox
    Participant

Yup, that’s really a productivity killer. Desperately needs some kind of fix so I can see what I’m doing.

James Wireman
    Participant

the zoom function works for now..

Steve McNamara
    Participant

@MentalS6k said:

I have to agree with Lorne; others here. I’d really appreciate a resize functionality. Celemony’s Melodyne does this with ease.
    While I appreciate your frank responses, I do sense a whiff of impoliteness. When your competition is providing a function your users are asking for, I feel it would be better if you FIND the solution that we non programmers know is there.
    You NEED to address this problem. If your users say its a problem, then it is a problem. Superior Drummer IS too small.
    Please find a way.

Agree 100%. TH2 in Sonar is fully resizable, along with the ones mentioned above. I rarely open SD because of the size issue, but I love the program. I second the thoughts that regardless of the difficulty your competitors are simply doing it so perhaps it should become a priority.

Thanks for letting me add my $.02.

RTV
    Participant

Here is a work-around that I use but it needs a second monitor. Everything will be bigger and easier to read!

1. Open up the plugin and move to the second monitor.
    2. Reduce the resolution of the second monitor until Superior Drummer/EZDrummer fills the screen or is a size that you like.

To reduce the resolution of the second monitor (Windows 7):

1. Show desktop
    2. Right click anywhere on your desktop, choose – “Personalize”
    3. choose “Display”
    4. choose “Change display settings”
    5. Click “Identify” – choose the monitor that you wish to have the plugin on, under Resolution: lower the resolution until you are happy with the results. Try to keep the ratio of width to height the same to avoid distortion (for example, change 1920 x 1080 to 1280 x 720).

Good luck and keep making music!

P.S. I agree, it would be nice to be able to resize the window

spectrumknight
    Participant

I do confirm that on modrn display, the fixed size of the windows is to small.

Because of this limitation I am arfaid to go see other VST…

Ralph Kersten
    Participant

Hallo

Any news or roadmap on this?
    I use now a surface pro 4 as mobile DAW and all products of toontrack are not usable because of Window Size.

Cheers

surface.jpg

Petrolu
    Participant

I second the ability to change the window size.

When I first loaded Superior Drummer in Toontrack Solo, I was surprised at how small the interface was on a 46″ 1080p display. I was especially dismayed once I realized I couldn’t maximize it. Considering that 4k resolution for monitors and mobile devices is becoming the norm, I would think that it would be nigh unusable.

Searching around, it appears as though some VST hosts and DAW software offer the ability to disable DPI awareness. What this means is that the operating system scales the application versus allowing said application to do any scaling. The drawback is the ugliness that comes about from stretching a low res interface to match up with the current resolution. I tried out Cantabile Lite(which is free apparently) with the DPI awareness option disabled and was pleased to see that the SD window occupied most of the screen and is now much easier to navigate.

jorgo stefani
    Participant

@Petrolu – How u do that in Cantabile Light? The CL Interface is Scaleable but the SD2 Interface stay in Scale.
    P.S.: If u are a greek guy – “giasu” from germany :-))

@Toontrack – I am absolutely disappointed. I paid 250 euros and get a completely outdated software. The scalability has long been a required and necessary function of since her failed until now. The ease of use and clarity leaves something to be desired. So…
    Never again … Toontrack. l switch to BFD3 (They have done their homework with V3) and wich you good luck in the further disregard of your users …

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

perhaps you missed these forum posts regarding window size,
    starting with:
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/hi-res-display-on-your-mpb-in-windows-got-you-squinting-heres-the-fix/

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/windows-10-window-size-cant-use-software-in-tiny-window/#p158784

Maybe they’ll be of help.

for those visitors who cannot access the areas of the forum where these threads reside,
    I’ll try to quote the meat-and-potatoes of their suggestions.

@geebake said:

I don’t know if this has been covered elsewhere but I thought it may help a user or two here.

As we all know, higher and higher resolution displays on our laptops are becoming more and more common. Even full HD now seems quaint. My Dell XPS 15 has a resolution of 3200 x 1800 and that’s not unusual anymore. The result is that some software can open in impossibly small windows – rendering it useless. In my experience all Toontrack software falls into this category.

Fear not! There is a fairly simple solution.

The lowly manifest file.

Below is the text of an example manifest file. In fact, it’s the manifest file for my laptop – fixing EZdrummer 2.

EZdrummer64

false

Note the line toward the beginning that says:

“name=”EZdrummer64.exe””

That must contain the exact name of the executable file. A few lines below it is another place we need to enter the application name.

To use this file. Open a new, blank text file. Copy and paste the above into the text file and save it to the directory where the offending application lives.

In my case, that directory is:

C:Program FilesToontrackEZdrummer

The file must be named as follows:

Exact original executable name + .manifest.

eg.

EZdrummer64.exe.manifest

As mentioned before, it must reside in the same directory as that exe.

After the file exists and is in the correct location, all you have to do is launch the application normally and windows will take care of the rest.

There is ZERO danger in using this. It only gives windows a few instructions that tell it how to render. NO permanent changes are made to anything. If you don’t like the results, simply delete the manifest file and all will return to original state.
    Hope this helps,
    Greg

and

@Jacob said:

– Try rightclick the EZdrummer icon and choose properties, then compatibility tab.
    – Uncheck “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

jorgo stefani
    Participant

…the manifest – workarounds dont work with *.dll – files. Superior Drummer is only a VST.dll
    Best workaround (not a solution) for the moment is a second screen with 1024x768Px Resolution.
    But…
    – workaround for resolution
    – workaround for e-drummer
    – workaround for hh-settings
    – workaround for inconsistent mapped packs
    – workaround for default configs (save all in combined presets)
    and im sure if i dive deeper in this BShit-ups, sry… i find many more ways to waste my time.
    This is not a nice Programm – the workflow with it is a relapse into the 90´s.
    Jumping from workaround to workaround….
    bad bad bad
    Solution: Toontrack – build a modern version and give us registered pained users a FREE-UPDATE.
    Nothing other brings us (I know I’m not the only one) back…
    Ciao

Petrolu
    Participant

@joste said:

@Petrolu – How u do that in Cantabile Light? The CL Interface is Scaleable but the SD2 Interface stay in Scale.
    P.S.: If u are a greek guy – “giasu” from germany :-))

@Toontrack – I am absolutely disappointed. I paid 250 euros and get a completely outdated software. The scalability has long been a required and necessary function of since her failed until now. The ease of use and clarity leaves something to be desired. So…
    Never again … Toontrack. l switch to BFD3 (They have done their homework with V3) and wich you good luck in the further disregard of your users …

Go to Tools->Options->General and then un-check the “Enable Hi-Resolution UI” box. I recall it saying it’ll need to re-open the app but then after that, the Superior Drummer UI will appear in a much larger view.

I’m not Greek, but can use Google translate. So hi! :p

Aurotonal
    Participant

Too many SD users in here, guarantees no response or a surly one at best. Early adopters are like morbid uncles at the wedding of the fresh faced young pretties on the cusp of first mortgages and credit card adoption.

Fleece
    Participant

Why is this window size issue not resolved??!! FFS this is just total BS. It’s 2016 people.

Is this abandonware?

How does one get in touch with Toontrack support? They’ve gone to great lengths to hide it.

Scott

@Fleece said:

Why is this window size issue not resolved??!! FFS this is just total BS. It’s 2016 people.

Is this abandonware?

How does one get in touch with Toontrack support? They’ve gone to great lengths to hide it.

Not hiding.

Follow the FAQ.

http://www.toontrack.com/faq/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Fleece
    Participant

Follow the FAQ?? I have followed the FAQ!! Can’t find anything related to making the interface readable on a modern monitor.

Can you please just answer what should be a simple question (that a lot of us still have):

Is it possible to change the interface size on Windows 10 or not?? And if so……HOW?

Thanked by: aguitarpenter
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.