why can’t we enlarge/size window?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Martin

Frequently requested, but rather difficult to implement. No plans of adding this feature anytime soon, I’m afraid.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Juicy
    Participant

Well i must say thats not great news for my eyes.setting volumes on micro faders if you have to is just silly until you start double clicking in your values,
    Keeps us more focused on the sound which is always good thing…..Still best to bypass most the internal mixing and route everything to our real DAW Faders .
    Have purchased the Full Roots SDX and EZx’s The Classic, Americana,No1 Hits recently so i’m still a supportive TT Fanboy Club Member here none the less.
    ( I Hope) S’all Good .

Lorne
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Martin

Frequently requested, but rather difficult to implement. No plans of adding this feature anytime soon, I’m afraid.

This is really depressing news IMO.
    SD2 is a fantastic piece of kit let down by really poor interface. In this age of cheap 27″+ monitors we still seem to have this mentality to create small pretty VST’s with oh so nice graphics that look like a nice brushed aluminum surface… with teeny tiny controls and faders. why at least can’t the mixer be opened in a seperate window and stretched the full width of the monitor to reveal ALL faders….. the mind boggles!!!!!

countraven
    Participant

Difficult to implement? Sorry, but that sounds crazy to me. Just about every application out there has the ability to size the window. I’m not a programmer, but this really seems like super basic stuff. With such an enormous mixer this is a much-needed feature to have. Yes, I know you can choose to just show the mics, busses and outputs, but it’s not the same as being able to spread it all out nice and neat.

Rogue

you do realize that Superior is not an application, but an extension aka plug-in that operates within a host… not everything that would otherwise be programmatically trivial is so in this environment. But then again, I’m not a programmer either, just slightly more informed and wiser as a result…

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

countraven
    Participant

I know, but I would buy Superior again tomorrow if it could do this. Scalable, vector-based GUI is the way of the future, though. It has to be, especially when higher res displays come around. The other problem with the mixer is that the scroll bar is such a tiny target for the mouseoverscroll.

Rogue

Rest assured we are aware of the interface shortcomings when it comes to hi-bit depths, and solutions have been discussed, but a resize-able GUI is not one of them. Or rather it has been discussed and is not a straightforward/appealing option. Any changes that may occur in the future however are not going to happen in the near future though.

Anyway, I just wanted to expand on Martin’s post, and make sure we avoid the word ‘crazy’ (‘lazy’, ‘hazy’ and anything ending ‘zy’, especially ‘eazy’) when this matter is discussed 😉

Configuration Manager

countraven
    Participant

Is the window size predetermined by the limits set for the plugin architecture or something to that effect?

Rogue

it currently is as large as can be for the computer specifications we want to support, and again has to be a one-size-fits-all.

Configuration Manager

MentalS6k
    Participant

I have to agree with Lorne & others here. I’m a recent customer of Toontrack & this week alone have bought nearly £500 quids worth of goods. Having bought a 27″ iMac I’d really appreciate a resize functionality. Celemony’s Melodyne does this with ease. 1st they had selectable window sizeing & now it’s scalable. Native Instruments do it too.

While I appreciate your frank responses, I do sense a whiff of impoliteness. When your competition is providing a function your users are asking for, I feel it would be better if you FIND the solution that we non programmers know is there. You have a fantastic product (as we know) which we NP’s know isn’t easy to put together. Surely window sizeing can be accommodated. There are tons of functionality going on in your products. Given the ambitious-ness of the Roots package (& in doing so), redefined the detail level of drum sampled plugins, surely you cannot expect the window size issue to remain so small.

You NEED to address this problem. If your users say its a problem, then it is a problem. Superior Drummer IS too small.

Please find a way.

3.4GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7 16GB RAM; Mac OS X (10.6.8); Logic Pro 9.1.4; Studio Konnekt 48 Soundcard, Roland TD-8 VK, Gemini II Mic, Liquid Mix, Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1 Monitors

MentalS6k
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rogue
    you do realize that Superior is not an application, but an extension aka plug-in that operates within a host… not everything that would otherwise be programmatically trivial is so in this environment. But then again, I’m not a programmer either, just slightly more informed and wiser as a result…

Rogue: We do realise SD is not an application, but as you succinctly put it, a plug-in. As a fellow non-programmer, it is all about the end result for me. It’s not important for end users to know why something doesn’t work, it’s important that it does. Especially when your competition is doing it.

In all the years I’ve been on forums like this, I never come across such a rude & sarcastic response from an administrator. Having seen the videos of the Toontrack teams, it’s clear they are really cool ppl. Which makes your post all the more shocking IMO.

3.4GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7 16GB RAM; Mac OS X (10.6.8); Logic Pro 9.1.4; Studio Konnekt 48 Soundcard, Roland TD-8 VK, Gemini II Mic, Liquid Mix, Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1 Monitors

Martin

Hey all!

We really appreciate your input on this matter. Personally I use an iMac 27″ and do not have a problem with the size of the interface. On the other hand I have Superior Drummer in front of me 8 hours a day (or more..), so I’m kind of used to it by now . I totally understand that some people like it bigger, and I too appreciate when there is a resize feature for a plugin. I will make sure to forward all your suggestions to the Development Team, but if and when there will be a change, I really can not say. Just know that it is duly noted and that we treasure your feedback!

Cheers,

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

MentalS6k
    Participant

Thank u Martin for your response.

We can only hope this feature is not considered but makes its way up the priority list. The fact is if it were in place, more than 75% of users would use it.

Many thanks again.

I am going to jump on this thread as well because not being able to resize these plugins is a big deal. I am a 27″ user and I am experiencing eye fatigue much faster than normal now that I am using the products, which isn’t good for people who spend a large amount of time in the studio using them.

Love the products but resize needs to be moved to a high priority.

Jym Feat
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.